Jump to content


-1/+1 and Tier IX

MM I’m

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

STUART SHERMAN #1 Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

When If we go to -1/+1 will IX become the most hated tier?

Last night I played 14 matches at tier IX and was low tier 12 times. There were plenty of Xs around, over 100 in Q at times, yet I was consistently matched at -1. Most of those matches were in the 10 Xs to 5 IXs range or worse. Only one had more IXs than Xs, plus a 7v7 match in there. 

 

 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20962 battles
  • 18,203
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

Most tier 9s can go toe to toe with a tier 10 and win.

 

But yeah, give it time people will complain about 'always being bottom tier' (even when they're not) under +1-1 same as they do now with +2-2.

 

People won't be happy until they're always top tier. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

John Arrowsmith #3 Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 78330 battles
  • 15,894
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
When?   Do you not mean if?

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


STUART SHERMAN #4 Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostTempest fox3, on 01 October 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Most tier 9s can go toe to toe with a tier 10 and win.

 

But yeah, give it time people will complain about 'always being bottom tier' (even when they're not) under +1-1 same as they do now with +2-2.

 

People won't be happy until they're always top tier. 

 

Absolutely agree with all this. I don’t mind playing -1 but I don’t mind being -2 either. +1 for hitting it right on the head. :great:

 

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 01 October 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

When?   Do you not mean if?

 

Yes I actually do and thx for catching that one. -1/+1 seems like a “feel good” move instead of addressing the bigger issues. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


LacqueredBacon #5 Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:38 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35027 battles
  • 6,162
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 01 October 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

When If we go to -1/+1 will IX become the most hated tier?

Last night I played 14 matches at tier IX and was low tier 12 times. There were plenty of Xs around, over 100 in Q at times, yet I was consistently matched at -1. Most of those matches were in the 10 Xs to 5 IXs range or worse. Only one had more IXs than Xs, plus a 7v7 match in there.

 

 

 

I agree.  I think it is because of the PMM tanks getting 0/-1 MM.  Fix that and tier IX will be fixed.


 


STUART SHERMAN #6 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:03 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 01 October 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

 

I agree.  I think it is because of the PMM tanks getting +1/0 MM.  Fix that and tier IX will be fixed.

 

There were over 120 Xs waiting in Q, my when Conway was placed in a match with 11 Xs and 4 IXs per team. I don’t think it’s a big issue but some will. However it seems a bit much to be explained by PMM matchmaking. 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


LacqueredBacon #7 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35027 battles
  • 6,162
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 01 October 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

 

There were over 120 Xs waiting in Q, my when Conway was placed in a match with 11 Xs and 4 IXs per team. I don’t think it’s a big issue but some will. However it seems a bit much to be explained by PMM matchmaking.

 

It is not usually an issue on a match by match basis.  But it does wear on you when a disproportionate number of matches are like that.  I would imagine that over the full spectrum of players, most will get frustrated with this.

 

I did not keep track to that degree but if you and I noticed this, then others certainly did as well.  So what would be the natural reaction to this?  Players will stop playing tier IX.  And with less players in tier IX, the proportions would be even more skewed going forward.



 


MrTrollPacMan #8 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18511 battles
  • 5,490
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostTempest fox3, on 01 October 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

Most tier 9s can go toe to toe with a tier 10 and win.

Probably not, and this is the reason why ^^

 

Fully upgraded 9s are pretty good, they’re capable of having good games even being low tier. I’d far rather be in a tier 9 in a tier 10 game than be in a tier 8



ooo NO ONE ooo #9 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 60231 battles
  • 3,655
  • [MMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 01 October 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

 

It is not usually an issue on a match by match basis.  But it does wear on you when a disproportionate number of matches are like that.  I would imagine that over the full spectrum of players, most will get frustrated with this.

 

I did not keep track to that degree but if you and I noticed this, then others certainly did as well.  So what would be the natural reaction to this?  Players will stop playing tier IX.  And with less players in tier IX, the proportions would be even more skewed going forward.

 

Completely agree. I love my 9's and don't mind playing 10's. But at around 75/80% of games at tier X, it does get a little tiresome.

 

3 MoE's: None.


f1mitku #10 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 47778 battles
  • 4,361
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

Yes. With +1/-1 the T-IX is the most screwed. Also somewhat screwed is T-X (no baby seals to club).

But all other lower tiers have far better experience. And especially T-VIII is awesome.

So as a whole I think +1/-1 is way better for the game and the most players including the new ones. 


Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

STUART SHERMAN #11 Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:32 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 01 October 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

 

It is not usually an issue on a match by match basis.  But it does wear on you when a disproportionate number of matches are like that.  I would imagine that over the full spectrum of players, most will get frustrated with this.

 

I did not keep track to that degree but if you and I noticed this, then others certainly did as well.  So what would be the natural reaction to this?  Players will stop playing tier IX.  And with less players in tier IX, the proportions would be even more skewed going forward.

 

I went in wondering what would happen, and that's why I kept a tally. The unofficial results were in the 18 to 3 range but I was guessing on some as the post match screen had expired on my first few rounds. I did not play the same tank over, and over because that's not how most folks play including me. 

It won't stop me from playing IXs but you know......people. 

:P 

 


Edited by STUART SHERMAN, 01 October 2019 - 06:33 PM.

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Galy10 #12 Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:26 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17653 battles
  • 926
  • [TRASH]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
:child:Tier 9 is the most balanced line in the game. :playing:

Focus anybody #13 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27499 battles
  • 840
  • [CRPT]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
the tier 9 conquer is better than most tier 10 heavys so no it won't be the most hated tier .

TocFanKe4 #14 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21000 battles
  • 24,362
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
Tier 9 nearly always gets Xs right now when I play.  I don't expect much change. 

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


FusionStar287 #15 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:26 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013
I mean, even with normal MM most tier IXs are effectively just underpowered tier Xs anyway, but people still like tier IX now so they'll probably still enjoy the tier with +1/-1 MM as well (even if tier IX is even worse with that MM).

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


STUART SHERMAN #16 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:29 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostOld mane swag, on 01 October 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

the tier 9 conquer is better than most tier 10 heavys so no it won't be the most hated tier .

 

So because of one tank, the whole tier is ok?

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Focus anybody #17 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27499 battles
  • 840
  • [CRPT]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 01 October 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

 

So because of one tank, the whole tier is ok?

 

No the STI, T54,AMX30, leopard prototype,E75, these are just a few I've 3 marked easily if you learn how to play them properly you would see.

STUART SHERMAN #18 Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:28 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostOld mane swag, on 01 October 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

 

No the STI, T54,AMX30, leopard prototype,E75, these are just a few I've 3 marked easily if you learn how to play them properly you would see.

 

I’m not complaining about playing IXs at -1. In fact I don’t mind playing VIIIs against Xs. But with 50% fewer tanks to draw from, IXs were being put into tier X matches at an unusually high rate. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Focus anybody #19 Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:05 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27499 battles
  • 840
  • [CRPT]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 02 October 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

 

I’m not complaining about playing IXs at -1. In fact I don’t mind playing VIIIs against Xs. But with 50% fewer tanks to draw from, IXs were being put into tier X matches at an unusually high rate. 

 

it's a good thing I love being in a tier 10 battle in my tier 9 there's more damage to farm .

STUART SHERMAN #20 Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:15 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,112
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostOld mane swag, on 01 October 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

 

it's a good thing I love being in a tier 10 battle in my tier 9 there's more damage to farm .

 

Agreed, but some don’t want even that much of a challenge. 

                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball






Also tagged with MM, I’m

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users