Max raib0t hellcat 105 needs review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Chr15py #1 Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15383 battles

Hey. 

so after playing this for a while, mostly this is a good tank. Not as good as the normal Hellkitty (my favourite tank btw) but still a bit of a laugh. 

However, there is one massive issue with it that I really feel needs some attention - the reverse speed! It’s ridiculously slow and is the one thing that has been altered too much from the original Cat. Because the gun takes for ever to aim, forever to reload etc etc, when you shoot you almost always lose your camo and are spotted. I have died almost every time due to not being able to poke out, shoot and get back into cover. I’m pretty good with fully tricked out camo TDs so completely understand the game mechanics etc

Could this be looked into Max and Rai?

thank you

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

atwilliams07 #2 Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29558 battles

It’s a weakness in the tank, along with the armour.  Work around it. E.g.  Reverse into a firing spot, so you can use the 65 km/h forward speed to get out of there.  Get the “muffled shot” perk on your crew.  Fire from further back, so you don’t have to move in the first place!

All tanks have to have some form of weakness, which we have to adapt our play style to.  Given the relative strengths & weaknesses of other tier 6 TD’s, I don’t see this as a major issue for the Hellcat 105.

moeggsy #3 Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30839 battles
  • [GRUMP]
The long Reach merc tank is the same. As described above you just have to alter your play and moves you make. Time's with the Long Reach I've chosen to hold firing shots cause I know I'll be caught in the open by a tier 8. Almost have to reverse fight in certain said tanks.

Chr15py #4 Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:02 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15383 battles

View Postatwilliams07, on 02 October 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

It’s a weakness in the tank, along with the armour.  Work around it. E.g.  Reverse into a firing spot, so you can use the 65 km/h forward speed to get out of there.  Get the “muffled shot” perk on your crew.  Fire from further back, so you don’t have to move in the first place!

All tanks have to have some form of weakness, which we have to adapt our play style to.  Given the relative strengths & weaknesses of other tier 6 TD’s, I don’t see this as a major issue for the Hellcat 105.

I completely understand the need for a tank to have weaknesses....The Machine and Abomination make life "easy mode". And as for reversing into spots and playing backwards...that's how I have been playing.

Camping bush....check

Hiding way behind a bush....check

As mentioned above, I have the thing fully tricked out (camo, camo skills, muffled shot etc) and I am pretty handy with camo TDs.

The issue is having too many weaknesses. No armour, ok. Nerfed top speed, ok. Add in Slower turret traverse, longer aimtime, much larger gun bloom and the massively nerfed reverse speed and it become obvious that its not a tank with a few weaknesses, its a tank that's been handicapped a bit too far.

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

atwilliams07 #5 Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:06 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29558 battles

View PostChr15py, on 03 October 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

I completely understand the need for a tank to have weaknesses....The Machine and Abomination make life "easy mode". And as for reversing into spots and playing backwards...that's how I have been playing.

Camping bush....check

Hiding way behind a bush....check

As mentioned above, I have the thing fully tricked out (camo, camo skills, muffled shot etc) and I am pretty handy with camo TDs.

The issue is having too many weaknesses. No armour, ok. Nerfed top speed, ok. Add in Slower turret traverse, longer aimtime, much larger gun bloom and the massively nerfed reverse speed and it become obvious that its not a tank with a few weaknesses, its a tank that's been handicapped a bit too far.

Chris

Let's see what WG's "spreadsheet" says in a few months.  If it's under performing, it may get a nerf, but don't hold your breath.  I have seen many folk having big games in this thing (>3K damage) as a tier 6, so it's obviously got alot of strengths to compensate for the weaknesses you have called out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users