Platoon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ragyoo #21 Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26587 battles

Hello,

Yeah my platoon experiences were fun but platoon invites are rare for me, I'm on euro server most of times and noone will randomly invite someone.

That's the only way for me I got into platooning as I don't know players IRL & how the hell you can mate with other players on PS4 online.

That last time when there was a platoon event did entice me to try & find a method to platoon. But I didn't understand it yet.

TransparentBlue #22 Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles

View PostRagyoo, on 04 October 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

Hello,

Yeah my platoon experiences were fun but platoon invites are rare for me, I'm on euro server most of times and noone will randomly invite someone.

That's the only way for me I got into platooning as I don't know players IRL & how the hell you can mate with other players on PS4 online.

That last time when there was a platoon event did entice me to try & find a method to platoon. But I didn't understand it yet.

It's never random. I invite people who actually speak during the match and don't seem like raging tinfoil hat wearers.

That's probably how I get invites, too.  Just speak up, and don't go on a rager about everyone in the team sucks because they're doing it wrong. (Even if they ARE doing it wrong.)

RaunchyWallaby #23 Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7856 battles
  • [CUMMM]
I was a solo player for the longest time until not long ago one random game a random guy on my team sent me a "GG, we should platoon" message. I obliged, and I've been having a great time just BSing around with him and his other platoon mates ever since. WoT is much more fun when you platoon imo, it takes some of the rage out of the game. Bonus points if you're thoroughly intoxicated. Platooning with decent players also adds a bit of friendly competition where we're always trying to see who can have the best game of the night. Now, I'm always open to platoon inquiries. If anyone ever wants to platoon, just shoot me a message (I play on XB One, fwiw). I ain't the best player, but I do what I can.

OldRugger51 #24 Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19944 battles
  • [C-X-L]

Random platooning - never done that. Hearing the vitriol, kids and wives yelling and general mayhem had me convinced game chat was a nightmare to use. Luckily I was able to join a clan early on which was a paradigm shift for my tanking game play. Had to do research to find a clan which sounded like it would be a good fit, then go through their vetting process, but it was not that difficult to find a "home"

I guess my suggestion would be to try both, see which works for you - perhaps both work, and that would be cool! :great:

Edited by OldRugger51, 04 October 2019 - 01:36 PM.

“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

Long before The Witcher, Elric of Melnibone, with Stormbringer, was the Blonde of Death!

JelliedPenny08 #25 Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15928 battles

I'·ve recently piatooned up with friend - it was great. I'd recommend people try it. 

Previously I just tooned up with my family. Although we used to have random players asking to join and we would often end up with a group. It can work out, just try and be positive. 

.com;:)

Very Classy #26 Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32665 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostRagyoo, on 03 October 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

Hello,

I built up an initial group exactly how TransparentBlue suggested. However, now that the devs made PlatoonChat the default... who knows how many folks you'll find.

I don't know much about the PS4, but I would look at streamers and their Chats & Discord. Just chatting, you might run across some folks that seem interesting. See if they want to platoon.... 

Are there any PS4 forumers that seem interesting to you? Send 'em a message. Check out the Clan page. Some clans will have stringent requirements, but many are social... and don't need Purple recents.

Good luck. Find the right folks and platooning is great fun.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Also tagged with Platoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users