Cross-play should be coming soon, right?

Cross-play Sony Microsoft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

TocFanKe4 #61 Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21260 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostR2Q59416, on 21 October 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

Ok let me make this clear for you as you obviously will not read the press statements.

Starting next year with cloud and rolling out to their entire networks both Sony and Microsoft systems will run on Microsoft servers..

Yes wargamming use their own servers for their game but both PlayStation and Xbox will be using the same Microsoft connection to these servers.

WG can talk smoke and mirror's all they like about conflict of purchase content meaning we can't have Cross play. 

But this is boiling down to a fight between Microsoft, Google with their Stadia cloud service and Amazon's as yet unannounced cloud system. 

People can bury their heads in the sand all they like but Sony are now effectively a customer of Microsoft and they needed to do this to survive.

Plus do you think WG will pass up the opportunity to put World of tanks on Googles and Amazon's service to keep some Xbox 360 customers happy..

I doubt microsoft want that either. 

Maybe I am wrong and these companies don't want world of tanks on their systems. 

I read the press release.  It says nothing about the 360.  This is only about PSN moving to new servers.  That's it.  Everything else you're saying about this killing the 360 is your own speculation.  Since the 360 is already running on MS servers, I doubt this announcement will have any effect on it. 

Also, WG didn't say that cross gifting is holding up crossplay.  They just said that cross gifting won't be possible.  The confusion comes based on a forum post where the author mistakenly said cross gifting was holding it up.  But that poster walked back on that statement, though nobody seemed to read the retraction.  

Edited by TocFanKe4, 21 October 2019 - 07:42 PM.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

R2Q59416 #62 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 415 battles
  • [4-LOM]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 October 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

I read the press release.  It says nothing about the 360.  This is only about PSN moving to new servers.  That's it.  Everything else you're saying about this killing the 360 is your own speculation.  Since the 360 is already running on MS servers, I doubt this announcement will have any effect on it. 

Also, WG didn't say that cross gifting is holding up crossplay.  They just said that cross gifting won't be possible.  The confusion comes based on a forum post where the author mistakenly said cross gifting was holding it up.  But that poster walked back on that statement, though nobody seemed to read the retraction.  

Yes you are right they did not mention the 360, they should not have to. 

Everyone knows that the 360 is incompatible with playstation, it's literally in the code and they cannot exist on the same server. 

When playstation moves onto the Microsoft servers next year games such as this either die or drop the 360 support. 

TocFanKe4 #63 Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21260 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostR2Q59416, on 22 October 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

Yes you are right they did not mention the 360, they should not have to. 

Everyone knows that the 360 is incompatible with playstation, it's literally in the code and they cannot exist on the same server. 

When playstation moves onto the Microsoft servers next year games such as this either die or drop the 360 support. 

You're really good at making things up, I'll give you that. The article says nothing about both services using the same code and 360 getting shut down.

PlayStation using a cloud server owned by Microsoft won't affect Xbox servers. It's all about game streaming in the future.  They're going to possibly collaborate on that.  You took an announcement that a major cloud services company is hosting servers for another company and turned it into "PlayStation is going to run on Xbox servers which will shut down 360". There's none of that in the press release.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Also tagged with Cross-play, Sony, Microsoft

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users