World of Tanks Mercenaries Commander Mode Phase 2! Feedback post!

commander mode commander mode

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Elefanterible #101 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22137 battles
  • [OMAHA]

View PostRaiBOT01, on 11 October 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

No.  Just in this Phase as stated in the Progress chart. 

Ok thanks for makeing it clear. Good thing i was grinding ,only 7.5k EXP away from Lt. col. II.

LiteralComic635 #102 Posted Yesterday, 05:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 478 battles

View PostClintRad4, on 12 October 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

@raibot01 can you confirm the deadline to earn the fv4202p?

I sincerely hope that this is bad information. You are 100% correct that nothing in the official list of stages and prizes indicates that the FV is only available for week 2. I am ahead on the 83 points per week schedule and I am on the Captain II. I would have to earn 45000 more XP before Tuesday? At 65 to an average 500-600 XP per match? Crazy sauce!

ChubbyBuckle06 

AurorBorealis #103 Posted Yesterday, 06:04 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20446 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 08 October 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

Rai, what time is the cut off each day for the leaderboard stuff?

Been looking for an answer to this everywhere but to no avail.

@Rai: Can you provide a bit more details about how the leaderboard works please? +Pretty Please :girl:

Furthermore: How is the rating calculated (maybe not in detail but would be great to know what influences it like "# of battles", "winratio" of course but maybe even "tank selection", "time in battle" or so?)

Would there be an option to see your own rating at least if you didn't make it on the leaderboard?

Edited by AurorBorealis, Yesterday, 06:07 AM.

Tempest fox3 #104 Posted Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20673 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAurorBorealis, on 13 October 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

Been looking for an answer to this everywhere but to no avail.

@Rai: Can you provide a bit more details about how the leaderboard works please? +Pretty Please :girl:

Furthermore: How is the rating calculated (maybe not in detail but would be great to know what influences it like "# of battles", "winratio" of course but maybe even "tank selection", "time in battle" or so?)

Would there be an option to see your own rating at least if you didn't make it on the leaderboard?

It's midnight UTC for the leaderboard. I got the answer from max. 

Also the rating calculation is annoyingly simple. 

Number of wins * win rate = leaderboard rating.

If you're not on the leaderboard you'll have to know how many games you've played and won to know your rating. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Masterunsu #105 Posted Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44569 battles
Need more xp per battle, need more maps, need more ops as tankers (I didn't play as a commander). Does anyone know if we can just compete as a tanker and still get enough points for the final prize?

AurorBorealis #106 Posted Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20446 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 October 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

If you're not on the leaderboard you'll have to know how many games you've played and won to know your rating. 

Thanks very much for the update! Much appreciated. Didn't track my games or wins so no way to find out at all.

But more interestingly: You're saying that the first day only had 6h of playtime to get on the board (because it started at 4pm UTC)??? And because the commander mode started at 4am local time I had effectively not really a chance to score 5 games on the first day so Leaderboard is not actually possible for me?

Well that ...:facepalm:

Tempest fox3 #107 Posted Yesterday, 02:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20673 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAurorBorealis, on 13 October 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Thanks very much for the update! Much appreciated. Didn't track my games or wins so no way to find out at all.

But more interestingly: You're saying that the first day only had 6h of playtime to get on the board (because it started at 4pm UTC)??? And because the commander mode started at 4am local time I had effectively not really a chance to score 5 games on the first day so Leaderboard is not actually possible for me?

Well that ...:facepalm:

You don't have to play 5 games each day to qualify. You could play 0 day 1 and 10 games on day 2 and still qualify from what I understand. As long as your total number of games in over the min 5 * number of days you should still qualify. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

AurorBorealis #108 Posted Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20446 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 October 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

You don't have to play 5 games each day to qualify. You could play 0 day 1 and 10 games on day 2 and still qualify from what I understand. As long as your total number of games in over the min 5 * number of days you should still qualify. 

I would really like to have this ↑ confirmed officially as I read what's on the website a bit differently ("To be eligible to participate, you must play at least 5 battles as a Commander in the Commander Mode every day. " )  ;)

Edited by AurorBorealis, Yesterday, 03:04 PM.

Medgar20 #109 Posted Yesterday, 03:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27814 battles
  • [ARSES]

View PostAurorBorealis, on 13 October 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

I would really like to have this ↑ confirmed officially as I read what's on the website a bit differently ("To be eligible to participate, you must play at least 5 battles as a Commander in the Commander Mode every day. " )  ;)

I didn't play at all the first day and I'm still on the board, think it's just poorly worded and tempest is right.

LiteralComic635 #110 Posted Yesterday, 04:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 478 battles

View PostRaiBOT01, on 11 October 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

No.  Just in this Phase as stated in the Progress chart. 

Rai, the progress chart certainly DOES NOT say only in this phase. Can you please triple check and confirm that you were either correct, though again this isn't stated in the progress chart, or simply gave incorrect information about this being the ONLY phase that the FV is going to be available?

Thanks, 

ChubbyBuckle06 

Medgar20 #111 Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27814 battles
  • [ARSES]

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 October 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Was about to ask the first point too as I have less games listed than I should have. That's good, should have a few points to be updated then already :)

BrogueOne #112 Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23061 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostLiteralComic635, on 13 October 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

Rai, the progress chart certainly DOES NOT say only in this phase. Can you please triple check and confirm that you were either correct, though again this isn't stated in the progress chart, or simply gave incorrect information about this being the ONLY phase that the FV is going to be available?

Thanks, 

ChubbyBuckle06 

Right hand column of the chart.  Phases of availability are also color coded.  It’s still pretty poopy to expect players to grind that kind of XP in a week given how little can be earned from an average match.

LiteralComic635 #113 Posted Yesterday, 06:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 478 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 13 October 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Right hand column of the chart.  Phases of availability are also color coded.  It’s still pretty poopy to expect players to grind that kind of XP in a week given how little can be earned from an average match.

That is really not good news. I would have to get 35000 XP between now and the Tuesday morning shutdown. 450 XP average for Tanker mode and I have been treated to a low of just 62 XP and highs of just over 1000 XP for Commander mode. I usually get 250 to 750 XP in Commander depending on win or loss. That adds up to a lot more playing time in a busted, boring game mode than I might be willing to put in. 

Really cheesy WG. And many thanks for taking a few days to generate muddy and unclear conditions for this experiment too. I love this game, but this is the sort of thing that leads even players like myself to get a little salty. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

LiteralComic635 #114 Posted Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 478 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 13 October 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

I still don't see how the color coding indicates the FV is only available for completion during this week. Those OP's allegedly carry over. The color coding supposedly just indicates when OP'S become active. 

Also I played the first week under the illusion that the final mystery tank required 500 total points through all six weeks. Nope I now see, assuming that the FV is only available this week I should have pushed for more XP last week. I wasn't focusing on XP because the earnings were a little better last time and points were supposed to be the key for the final prize.

Argh!

ChubbyBuckle06 

JaRIS42 #115 Posted Yesterday, 08:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31910 battles

I've not seen any definitive wording (including the news article) that states or even implies that the tank is ONLY available this week.

Commanders will earn the FV4202 (P) after they reach Lieutenant Colonel II in the Progression Ops!

...is the clearest statement I've read. The Progression Ops roll over until the end of event 6 so why would the prize not?

LiteralComic635 #116 Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 478 battles

View PostJaRIS42, on 13 October 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

I've not seen any definitive wording (including the news article) that states or even implies that the tank is ONLY available this week.

Commanders will earn the FV4202 (P) after they reach Lieutenant Colonel II in the Progression Ops!

...is the clearest statement I've read. The Progression Ops roll over until the end of event 6 so why would the prize not?

WG speak? :hiding:

Ch6

Davelander #117 Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20262 battles
  • [5UNA]

View PostJaRIS42, on 14 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

This. The wording of the requirements could not be more spurious if they tried. Logically as long as you get to lt colonel II by end of season you should be eligible for the tank

Also tagged with commander mode, commander, mode

19 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

Crawler325