Jump to content


Accumulated xp is gone? I should probably...


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CORSAIR_CRAZY #1 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:10 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

already know this but I couldn’t find any information on it so I thought maybe you guys could help out.  

 

In the past I’ve sold tech tree tanks and repurchased them but for whatever reason sometimes the xp that had already been accumulated on them disappeared and other times it didn’t.  

 

Does this have something to do with elited tanks and so on, like when you convert xp to free xp? 

 

But the tank I had this issue with recently is not an elited tank because the tier ten is still locked.  That’s why I repurchased it so I could use it for the sharpshooter grind while unlocking the tier ten.

 

is their a grace period like an expiration date on xp earned?  Does it have to do with how long it’s been outta the garage?


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


Red Dough Boy #2 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:18 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27144 battles
  • 4,730
  • [APG]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
XP doesn't expire, but I have had the same issue with converting XP to free XP and it happened to use it on a tank I had to repurchase and grind. Maybe the tank moved spots in the tree so the XP is on a different tank? What tank is it exactly?

If I only had a Baneblade....

 

 

 


CORSAIR_CRAZY #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostRed Dough Boy, on 09 October 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

XP doesn't expire, but I have had the same issue with converting XP to free XP and it happened to use it on a tank I had to repurchase and grind. Maybe the tank moved spots in the tree so the XP is on a different tank? What tank is it exactly?

It happened to me on the Vk B tier 9 german heavy.  I’m not making a stink about it and I didn’t submit a ticket or anything like that.  I’m just wondering why sometimes it’ll do away with progress and other times it won’t 


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


CheweyBadge #4 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38806 battles
  • 1,457
  • [F_X_A]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 09 October 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

It happened to me on the Vk B tier 9 german heavy.  I’m not making a stink about it and I didn’t submit a ticket or anything like that.  I’m just wondering why sometimes it’ll do away with progress and other times it won’t 

 

The xp is probably on the Mauschen now I'm guessing even though you already have the Maus that doesn't matter 



MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:19 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13062 battles
  • 20,643
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 09 October 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

already know this but I couldn’t find any information on it so I thought maybe you guys could help out.  

 

In the past I’ve sold tech tree tanks and repurchased them but for whatever reason sometimes the xp that had already been accumulated on them disappeared and other times it didn’t.  

 

Does this have something to do with elited tanks and so on, like when you convert xp to free xp? 

 

But the tank I had this issue with recently is not an elited tank because the tier ten is still locked.  That’s why I repurchased it so I could use it for the sharpshooter grind while unlocking the tier ten.

 

is their a grace period like an expiration date on xp earned?  Does it have to do with how long it’s been outta the garage?

 

Hello, your tank is Elite. You had elited this tank before the German tech tree was re-arranged to add the new Heavies in. The XP is gone from converting XP. :honoring:

Edited by MaxChaos24, 09 October 2019 - 11:19 AM.


CORSAIR_CRAZY #6 Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 October 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

Hello, your tank is Elite. You had elited this tank before the German tech tree was re-arranged to add the new Heavies in. The XP is gone from converting XP. :honoring:

Ahh, now it makes sense, it came from changes to the tech tree from 2 years ago, lol

 

thanks max:honoring:


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


Tempest fox3 #7 Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:17 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20673 battles
  • 17,825
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 October 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

Hello, your tank is Elite. You had elited this tank before the German tech tree was re-arranged to add the new Heavies in. The XP is gone from converting XP. :honoring:

 

Why when you convert does it choose the most random things to draw xp from? These days I pick a tank and convert its xp rather than using the converter in the store.

 

But at times I've had premium tanks or tier 10s sat with like 500k xp on them, but it'll draw the 50k from my conquerors xp or my AMX M4 45 or something else that has a new tech tree branch I was saving xp for instead of the hundreds of thousands of xp sitting on other tanks. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

HighSpyker #8 Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35124 battles
  • 6,134
  • [IRN]
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013

View PostTempest fox3, on 09 October 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

 

Why when you convert does it choose the most random things to draw xp from? These days I pick a tank and convert its xp rather than using the converter in the store.

 

But at times I've had premium tanks or tier 10s sat with like 500k xp on them, but it'll draw the 50k from my conquerors xp or my AMX M4 45 or something else that has a new tech tree branch I was saving xp for instead of the hundreds of thousands of xp sitting on other tanks. 

Yeah, I noticed last night I have 40 mil convertible XP.  That'll never happen.  :sceptic:



psmobius1 #9 Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30635 battles
  • 2,559
  • [USA1]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016
Always, always, always choose the tank you want to take the XP off of to convert or the game will choose randomly and it will take XP from those you are grinding which is just a waste of time. Most know this already but there may be some newer players that don't realize it yet. 

CORSAIR_CRAZY #10 Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:53 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View Postpsmobius1, on 09 October 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Always, always, always choose the tank you want to take the XP off of to convert or the game will choose randomly and it will take XP from those you are grinding which is just a waste of time. Most know this already but there may be some newer players that don't realize it yet. 

I don’t convert often (45 million xp available for conversion) and even though I’m not new this is the first I’ve heard of this, how does it work?  I mean how do you get to pick which tank or whatever.


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


RadiantPup27709 #11 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27455 battles
  • 6,425
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 10 October 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

I don’t convert often (45 million xp available for conversion) and even though I’m not new this is the first I’ve heard of this, how does it work?  I mean how do you get to pick which tank or whatever.

 

Chose a tank and select the convert exp option. It will only convert that tanks exp.


psmobius1 #12 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30635 battles
  • 2,559
  • [USA1]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016
Radiant beat me to the answer. :)

CORSAIR_CRAZY #13 Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

OMG!  I can’t believe I didn’t know this:ohmy:  right there between customize your tank and sell your tank, IT’S RIGHT THERE!

 

omg, i’m so stupid:facepalm:

 

I’ve always gone to the store whenever I needed to convert xp:facepalm:


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


CORSAIR_CRAZY #14 Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
I tell you what tho, I think the system should stay away from regular tanks and automatically tap into premiums or tier tens, anything that wouldn’t otherwise destroy progress you’ve made in the past.

  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


psmobius1 #15 Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30635 battles
  • 2,559
  • [USA1]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 10 October 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

I tell you what tho, I think the system should stay away from regular tanks and automatically tap into premiums or tier tens, anything that wouldn’t otherwise destroy progress you’ve made in the past.

 

Yes, that would make sense but unfortunately it doesn't. I learned this the hard way early on when I had converted a chunk of XP and then noticed some of the tanks I was grinding were well short of the XP they had before. Even though I had plenty of premium tanks and elite tanks with ample XP, it drew from the ones I was actively grinding. Anyways, glad you see the option now as it will save you a headache at some point. I think I am down to my last 10 or so tier IX grinds to get to X. Then all X's will be in my garage in their shiny (or dusty) glory :)

CORSAIR_CRAZY #16 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View Postpsmobius1, on 11 October 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

Yes, that would make sense but unfortunately it doesn't. I learned this the hard way early on when I had converted a chunk of XP and then noticed some of the tanks I was grinding were well short of the XP they had before. Even though I had plenty of premium tanks and elite tanks with ample XP, it drew from the ones I was actively grinding. Anyways, glad you see the option now as it will save you a headache at some point. I think I am down to my last 10 or so tier IX grinds to get to X. Then all X's will be in my garage in their shiny (or dusty) glory :)

Add it to the long list of things that don’t make sense, look at my situation, I lost a bunch of previous work and effort on one of my last 2-3 grinds when I have 45 million convertible spread out in tier tens, premium tanks, and tanks that already have the tank after them unlocked.  It’s absolutely inexcusable not to make darn sure that the xp would NEVER come from a tank line that is open, ESPECIALLY when changes were made to the line reopening new tanks behind an elited vehicle, it’s simply inexcusable:facepalm:

 

also an option would be to close the store xp exchange to avoid doing that to your player base, just sayin’


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


psmobius1 #17 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30635 battles
  • 2,559
  • [USA1]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 11 October 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

Add it to the long list of things that don’t make sense, look at my situation, I lost a bunch of previous work and effort on one of my last 2-3 grinds when I have 45 million convertible spread out in tier tens, premium tanks, and tanks that already have the tank after them unlocked.  It’s absolutely inexcusable not to make darn sure that the xp would NEVER come from a tank line that is open, ESPECIALLY when changes were made to the line reopening new tanks behind an elited vehicle, it’s simply inexcusable:facepalm:

 

also an option would be to close the store xp exchange to avoid doing that to your player base, just sayin’

 

Totally agree but doubt they'll make any changes. Same as how sometimes your consumable change from silver back to gold after an update. Its a bit of free gold for them when players don't check after an update so they aren't going to change it. 

CORSAIR_CRAZY #18 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View Postpsmobius1, on 11 October 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

 

Totally agree but doubt they'll make any changes. Same as how sometimes your consumable change from silver back to gold after an update. Its a bit of free gold for them when players don't check after an update so they aren't going to change it. 

 

I submitted a ticket once and got 450 gold back, but you’re right, I never should’ve had to deal with in the first place:sceptic:

  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato


IBROX 04 #19 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20300 battles
  • 9,060
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 11 October 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

I submitted a ticket once and got 450 gold back, but you’re right, I never should’ve had to deal with in the first place:sceptic:

 

Aye true, wondering how many players have said ah bugger it, it's only 450 gold and never bothered. 

 

 

 

 


CORSAIR_CRAZY #20 Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:21 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33816 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostIBROX 04, on 11 October 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

 

Aye true, wondering how many players have said ah bugger it, it's only 450 gold and never bothered. 

Or even more still how many that never even noticed they lost gold?

 

because a lot of guys are used to keeping wads of cash laying around in the garage and between log-ins they might not exactly keep tabs on how much they have at all times.


  

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users