Helpful Tips (instead of complaints) for Commander Mode as Tanker

Commander Mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Schiavoser #1 Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37299 battles

Yes, this mode is wacky. Most people feel your pain. The AI tanks have ridiculous accuracy, and your game will be over quickly without careful teamwork or an inept Commander opponent.

Instead of another complaint thread, I thought it might be useful to the community to concentrate on what WORKS. Please provide useful information here to help players earn the nice rewards via Tanker mode. I'll start:

Defend yourself. Don't drive out in open or expose weak sides. I have good success playing Tanker mode with the Scourge Kirovets heavy. This tank and other tanks with excellent armor up front can provide excellent utility to you and your team. Prioritize defense while the bots are locked on you and allow your team to attack their flank. Plan your escape ahead of time, if possible, in case the enemy Commander sends his bots to surround you. You're dead if he does surround youGG.

Don't Waste Attacking Opportunities. If your teammate is getting hammered by all the bots at once, you may be next. You better attack them while they're vulnerable and hopefully kill a few. Don't be too passive. Your cosy ridgeline probably isn't going to save you when you're the last tank alive versus 4-5 bots.

M4ntiX #2 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28617 battles
  • [JOCO]

Good tip: Don't play as Commander, play as Tanker and farm bots. Use a Premium tank with either great DPM (Scorpion G) or armor (Mutant) or both (T28 Proto).

Better tip: Go and play multiplayer instead.

Edited by M4ntiX, 09 October 2019 - 04:35 PM.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

SuperSherman44 #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21300 battles
I agree with M4ntiX on that.........:great:

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

coff33guy #4 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16441 battles

View PostSuperSherman44, on 09 October 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

I agree with M4ntiX on that.........:great:

Same. I really want to like playing as a commander but it is so clunky and the boys are so irresponsive. Hats of to WG for the reward structure but unfortunately, it is only reachable as a tanker IMO. Kind of defeats the point of playing tank commander...

matematicalone #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2299 battles
Is it possible to afk it all the way till the end? I'm asking for a friend..:hiding:

Also tagged with Commander Mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users