Jagdpanzer E 100 or T110E4 or T110E3 or Object 268?

Tier X Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

lI_Redline_Il #1 Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2333 battles

This is for all the people here who've played these tanks.  Basically the issue is this, I've got 4 TD tanks right now that lead up to these 4 Tier X's but I won't have the time to get all 4 by the end of this year because I'm also grinding for a Tier IX heavy (E75) and a Tier X medium (E50M).  So basically not enough time to do like all 6 tanks.  I can get the E75, E50M and one of those TD's. 

But which one?  Please give actual experience, if any, playing these lines and also maybe some +/-'s and opinions about the tanks themselves.  How well you do in them, how competitive they are, how forgiving for a non-unicum, which one is most fun, etc. 

All feedback welcome, thank you!

Edited by lI_Redline_Il, 09 October 2019 - 05:44 PM.

steelheadclan #2 Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15211 battles
  • [REAL]

I only have the E4 and it’s excellent. 
It’s turret makes it pretty flexible and if you juke n jive it can pull off some nice bounces. 

Of the four the E3 seems the best frontally but not impenetrable. 

lI_Redline_Il #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2333 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 09 October 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

I only have the E4 and it’s excellent. 
It’s turret makes it pretty flexible and if you juke n jive it can pull off some nice bounces. 

Of the four the E3 seems the best frontally but not impenetrable. 

Thanks steelheadclan.  I think that's the Hellcat line, if I'm not mistaken..  So from the Hellcat to the E4 is it a horribad grind or decent?

STUART SHERMAN #4 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 39976 battles
  • [FLT]
I have E3, and Jp 100. I like Jp E100s gun just a little more and it seems to bounce more shots. It’s a very close call for me but the 1200 hp high rolls are too awesome. 

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

steelheadclan #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15211 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Thanks steelheadclan.  I think that's the Hellcat line, if I'm not mistaken..  So from the Hellcat to the E4 is it a horribad grind or decent?

it’s not bad. 
T25 is ok. 
T28 and T30 both have a well deserved reputation 

T28 was competitive in the last ranked.   

xXxDlNOxXx #6 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29978 battles

JgdPz E100: It's huge - really. Frontal armor is overall good, lower plate is ok when angled but easily penetrated by HEAT rounds. Upper hull and "turret" front will bounce nearly all AP rounds, turret can be penetrated by HEAT if unangled. Small weakspot on top, but close to the rear. If you use the gun depression it's not that easy to hit. If the tank is angled the sides are pretty decend. 

Gun is awesome. 1150 alpha and a reload of around 20 seconds with a penetration of nearly 300. HEAT as premium ammo with 420 penetration if I remeber correctly. Without a turret and the small gun arc of around 30° it's sometimes lost against flanking lights.

Overall good for sniping in the second line, guess it would fit the best in your called style to play.

T110E4: Good frontal armor with lower plate compareable to E5 and a hatch as a easy to hit weakspot. 

Gun deals 850 alpha on 295 penetration, APCR with 375. The adventage of the E4 is its turret. The playstyle is more like a heavy. Gun depression is good but the turret traverse is only 180 degrees. 

The E4 is my absolute favorite. Was my first T10 with 3 marks and is one of the best heavies in the game. With a reaload of around 16 seconds it's nearly like the E100 with a better gun. It should be possible to snipe with that tank, but I really don't know.

T110E3: Again a really good frontal armor. Everything above the lower plate is neary an autobounce. Sides are not that good, but will bounce a snapped shot if angled a bit. 

Gun is as good as the E4, but without the turret. I can't tell you much about this tank, because I'm really bad in it. 

Hope some of these information helped. :)

xXxDlNOxXx

Potato QQ #7 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21938 battles
  • [FEN1X]

Depends on what your style of play is.

E3 can be played either as a front lines brawler or Sniping mid range.

E4 is a great support TD, just follow a Heavy tank use it as cover and peak round and pop shots at enemies as there focuse on the heavy tank. 

Obj268 and the Jagaroo from what i remember are more support sniper TD

lI_Redline_Il #8 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2333 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 09 October 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

I have E3, and Jp 100. I like Jp E100s gun just a little more and it seems to bounce more shots. It’s a very close call for me but the 1200 hp high rolls are too awesome. 

Yeah the E100 has a scary gun.  The only thing is it's bad mobility I guess.  Which in your opinion is a better choice for 1st time Tier X TD?

View Poststeelheadclan, on 09 October 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

it’s not bad. 
T25 is ok. 
T28 and T30 both have a well deserved reputation 

T28 was competitive in the last ranked.   

That T30 looks like a T29 which I already have.. More powerful, but maybe similar playstyle.  

lI_Redline_Il #9 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:46 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2333 battles

View PostxXxDlNOxXx, on 09 October 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

JgdPz E100: It's huge - really. Frontal armor is overall good, lower plate is ok when angled but easily penetrated by HEAT rounds. Upper hull and "turret" front will bounce nearly all AP rounds, turret can be penetrated by HEAT if unangled. Small weakspot on top, but close to the rear. If you use the gun depression it's not that easy to hit. If the tank is angled the sides are pretty decend. 

Gun is awesome. 1150 alpha and a reload of around 20 seconds with a penetration of nearly 300. HEAT as premium ammo with 420 penetration if I remeber correctly. Without a turret and the small gun arc of around 30° it's sometimes lost against flanking lights.

Overall good for sniping in the second line, guess it would fit the best in your called style to play.

T110E4: Good frontal armor with lower plate compareable to E5 and a hatch as a easy to hit weakspot. 

Gun deals 850 alpha on 295 penetration, APCR with 375. The adventage of the E4 is its turret. The playstyle is more like a heavy. Gun depression is good but the turret traverse is only 180 degrees. 

The E4 is my absolute favorite. Was my first T10 with 3 marks and is one of the best heavies in the game. With a reaload of around 16 seconds it's nearly like the E100 with a better gun. It should be possible to snipe with that tank, but I really don't know.

T110E3: Again a really good frontal armor. Everything above the lower plate is neary an autobounce. Sides are not that good, but will bounce a snapped shot if angled a bit. 

Gun is as good as the E4, but without the turret. I can't tell you much about this tank, because I'm really bad in it. 

Hope some of these information helped. :)

xXxDlNOxXx

Very detailed & instructive post, thank you.  Curious though why you say that E4 has a better gun than E100?  I thought E100's gun was second only to Deathstar, no?

lI_Redline_Il #10 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2333 battles

View PostPotato QQ, on 09 October 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

Depends on what your style of play is.

E3 can be played either as a front lines brawler or Sniping mid range.

E4 is a great support TD, just follow a Heavy tank use it as cover and peak round and pop shots at enemies as there focuse on the heavy tank. 

Obj268 and the Jagaroo from what i remember are more support sniper TD

Yeah you know I'm kind of torn tbh.  On the one hand, I like sniping.  I am partial to tanks with really good guns.  But that E4 is very, very tempting simply because of its versatility.  I also like versatile tanks. 

So I guess the question then is, what's more important in a Tier X match in your opinion.. versatile tanks or more specialized tanks?  Can't have it all I suppose lol. 

Teffisk #11 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

That T30 looks like a T29 which I already have.. More powerful, but maybe similar playstyle.  

This is not correct. The turret is extremely similar to a T29 turret, except it's 2 tiers higher. The roof will be easily overmatched by most tier 8, 9, and 10 guns, and higher tier HEAT round wills absolutely slice and dice your cheeks in this thing. The T30's best features are it's alpha and it's fully rotatable turret, but it is NOT a good heavy tank unless you are in an extremely favorable match up. It's also lumbering with terrible turret and track traverse speeds, so if you get into a brawl up close, lights, mediums, and fast heavies will easily out flank you. Don't over trust the T30. It's capable but it's delicate. 

Teffisk #12 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Yeah you know I'm kind of torn tbh.  On the one hand, I like sniping.  I am partial to tanks with really good guns.  But that E4 is very, very tempting simply because of its versatility.  I also like versatile tanks. 

So I guess the question then is, what's more important in a Tier X match in your opinion.. versatile tanks or more specialized tanks?  Can't have it all I suppose lol. 

If you like sniping, I'd recommend the Grille over anything you listed here. The grind is interesting, the higher tiers are all good, and the mobility, gun, and flexibility are better than all the tanks you listed. If you want to have tier 10 tank destroyers, I'd add this one to the list. 

The most flexible, least specialized in your list is the T110E4. It's a beast, always a good choice. Go for that one. 

Potato QQ #13 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21938 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

I personally like versatile tanks,  and E4 is a great tank to be in from the beginning to the middle and to the end of the game,  E4 has the Alpha and versatile  turret to help your team give that edge to win.

FusionStar287 #14 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:11 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

I've played all four at least a fair amount now, so I'll provide my opinions on them:

JagerooTo put as simply as possible, its an E100 that trads some hit points and a turret for an extremely hard hitting gun. Its armor is very tough when angling and sidescraping, and as long as you wait until the enemy fire before you turn to aim you'll rarely be penned unless they're hitting your lower plate. Its gun is also very strong, as it gets more than a thousand average damage, the third highest pen standard shells in the game, and the highest pen premium shells in the game (all while being surprisingly accurate when fully aimed). Of course, this armor and gun comes at the expense of mobility, as the Jageroo is slow and turns slow as well, but if you enjoy slower heavy tanks and want one that needs to be played a bit more cautiously in exchange for having a very powerful gun this tank is great. 

T110E3To be honest, I like the T95 and T110E4 quite a bit more than the E3 and it's the only TD of the four listed that I don't own anymore. That's because the E3 just isn't very flexible like the E4, and while its armor is phenominal when aiming directly at an opponent (preferably while hiding its lower plate) it also has garbage side armor unlike the T95 before it. To but simply the E3 is easily the strongest TD listed when it can keep its opponents directly in front of it while hiding its lower plate, but the second the enemy can get even a slight angle on its side it gets taken apart quickly, and considering that it's also the slowest/least mobile of the four TDs listed it's not difficult for the enemy to catch your flank or overwhelm you.

T110E4On the other hand, the T110E4 is the best of the four listed TDs and is one of the strongest tier Xs listed. To start with its negatives: It's not very quick (although it's not slow like the Jageroo and E3), its armor can bounce quite a few shells but isn't reliable, and its gun has some pretty bad features to it (namely its bad gun depression and fairly poor gun handling). That said, what this tank does have is a 180 degree turret and a gun that deals 850 average damage per hit with great standard and premium shells and a decent enough ROF. This allows the E4 to be extremely flexible compared to the other TDs, it makes the E4 great at trading or snapping shots around corners at closer ranges, and even at longer ranges its very high pen and decent enough accuracy allow it the option of sniping as well. It's just a great all-around TD that hits harder than most tanks can, and as such there's rarely a situation in which the E4 is bad in.

Object 268And for this last TD, I'd say it isn't bad but is overrated, as its faults hold it back. I mean, on one hand you have that same alpha damage as the E4 and E3 with even better pen, a much better ROF, and better accuracy, you get decently strong frontal armor (especially on ridgelines), and you get rather good speed, mobility, and camo ratings for a tier X TD as well. However, this TD is also held back quite a bit by the facts that it has an awful gun arc (meaning it can barely look left or right without turning the tank), it has an awful shell velocity (which means that you have to lead targets by a ton at range and the shells arc almost like a derp gun would), and while its armor can be good frontally it's still not that difficult to pen and as such isn't reliable. All in all I'd say the 268 is still a very good TD that can certainly be very effective when it's able to flank and snipe safely (preferably at slower targets), but it also can't take a beating like the Jageroo or E3 can and it's not as flexible as a whole as the E4.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

FusionStar287 #15 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:19 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTeffisk, on 09 October 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

If you like sniping, I'd recommend the Grille over anything you listed here. The grind is interesting, the higher tiers are all good, and the mobility, gun, and flexibility are better than all the tanks you listed. If you want to have tier 10 tank destroyers, I'd add this one to the list. 

The most flexible, least specialized in your list is the T110E4. It's a beast, always a good choice. Go for that one. 

The Grille 15 isn't good and is overshadowed by the TD one tier before it though. Honestly if anyone wants a really good sniping TD I'd recommend the STRV 103B since it has what is arguably the best gun in the game (due to its best in game gun handling and accuracy, great shell velocity, great pen, and very good DPM), its rather mobile and decently quick both forwards and backwards, and its armor is way better than it ever should be frontally. You could even argue that the grind to the STRV is just as easy as the Grille grind since both lines have some rather good tier VIIIs and IXs and at least one awful tank earlier in the line.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Teffisk #16 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23216 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

The Grille 15 isn't good and is overshadowed by the TD one tier before it though. Honestly if anyone wants a really good sniping TD I'd recommend the STRV 103B since it has what is arguably the best gun in the game (due to its best in game gun handling and accuracy, great shell velocity, great pen, and very good DPM), its rather mobile and decently quick both forwards and backwards, and its armor is way better than it ever should be frontally. You could even argue that the grind to the STRV is just as easy as the Grille grind since both lines have some rather good tier VIIIs and IXs and at least one awful tank earlier in the line.

I haven't played the 103B, but I have played the S1. There are several things I disagree with here. "It isn't good" is completely subjective and unfair. It's my highest average damage tank with a 71% win rate, so I think it's pretty dang good. 

The Grille 15 can react a lot faster than the STRV. No siege mode and it has a turret. It has higher alpha and can trade a lot better than the STRV. The turret and lack of siege mode also means it can brawl a lot better and play peek-a-boo, which is all but impossible in the STRV. 

You also have a whopping 14 games in the Waffle Pz IV and you've never played the Grille. I'm not sure I trust you saying that it is "overshadowed by the TD one tier before it". You also have a 35% win rate in the Waffle Pz IV, so I'm not sure why you are raving about that tank. 

Point of the story, the Grille 15 is dope and you should try it.

lI_Redline_Il #17 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2333 battles

@ Teffisk, Potato QQ and FusionStar287 thank you guys for really good advice and informative posts.  Lots to ponder..  I think I'll go with E4.  

Eventually though, I'll check out that Swedish TD line.  That STRV 103B sounds like an absolute beast!  Actually sounds like the much bigger and more powerful cousin to my E25, which I love.  Best pound for pound tank in the game in my opinion.  Note that I didn't say OP, please don't nerf lol.  

xXxDlNOxXx #18 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29978 battles

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Very detailed & instructive post, thank you.  Curious though why you say that E4 has a better gun than E100?  I thought E100's gun was second only to Deathstar, no?

I meant the E100, not the Jagaroo. 

E100: 250(?) penetration and 750 alpha

E4: 295 penetration and 850 alpha

As I play both pretty similar I thought it's compareable like the average damage. E4 with 3.6k and E100 with 3.3k. Both without HEAT or premmo, so the E4 has the adventage in pen and alpha and nearly everything else.

De4thSt4lker206 #19 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11695 battles
  • [BEACH]

The E4 is a discount E-100 with mediocre armor, a TD HP pool, and a limited traverse turret in exchange for a better gun. E-100 is a better choice for it's playstyle IMO, though the E4 can also snipe if you are really into that in your slow tanks. personally i didn't find it interesting in the few matches i played in it.

The E3 is the biggest pain in the posterior to deal with at tier 10. it is probably the only tank that is almost completely invincible frontally if it hides the LFP, and is still immune to all but premium, lucky shots, and TDs if the LFP is exposed. i have not personally played it, though I imagine it is not very difficult, though probably boring, and who seriously wants to play a T95 to get it?

The Jagpanzer E-100.... I love it. "instructional" videos below, though they are from 2016 there really isn't any new groundbreaking "beat the jageruu" tank that has been added so just be careful of the light tanks i guess...  Fusion summed it up quite nicely, though I feel the E4 is more of a E-100 whereas the Jagdpanzer is a Deathstar with armor and good gun handling.  it definitely doesn't need to snipe. the armor is excellent, it just needs to be managed properly, whereas something like the E3 is just a case of "point it forward".

Spoiler

The 268... I haven't played, but whereas the other 3 are mid-close range brawlers the 268 is a stealthy sniper TD. the problem being the poor shell velocity, and the inrush of new "scouts" in all the high tier light tanks floating about now.

it's armor is worse than the E4, more like a durable medium to the E4's mediocre heavy

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

De4thSt4lker206 #20 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11695 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostxXxDlNOxXx, on 09 October 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

I meant the E100, not the Jagaroo. 

E100: 250(?) penetration and 750 alpha

E4: 295 penetration and 850 alpha

As I play both pretty similar I thought it's compareable like the average damage. E4 with 3.6k and E100 with 3.3k. Both without HEAT or premmo, so the E4 has the adventage in pen and alpha and nearly everything else.

E-100 has leagues better armor when used right, and far more health; it is a far tankier tank. The E4 is more of a peek-a-boom psuedoheavy. 

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

Also tagged with Tier X Tank Destroyers

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users