Jump to content


Jagdpanzer E 100 or T110E4 or T110E3 or Object 268?

Tier X Tank Destroyers

  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

vVMr GoodCatVv #21 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:02 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27995 battles
  • 12,430
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

The E4 is a discount E-100 with mediocre armor, a TD HP pool, and a limited traverse turret in exchange for a better gun. E-100 is a better choice for it's playstyle IMO, though the E4 can also snipe if you are really into that in your slow tanks. personally i didn't find it interesting in the few matches i played in it.

 

The E3 is the biggest pain in the posterior to deal with at tier 10. it is probably the only tank that is almost completely invincible frontally if it hides the LFP, and is still immune to all but premium, lucky shots, and TDs if the LFP is exposed. i have not personally played it, though I imagine it is not very difficult, though probably boring, and who seriously wants to play a T95 to get it?

 

The Jagpanzer E-100.... I love it. "instructional" videos below, though they are from 2016 there really isn't any new groundbreaking "beat the jageruu" tank that has been added so just be careful of the light tanks i guess...  Fusion summed it up quite nicely, though I feel the E4 is more of a E-100 whereas the Jagdpanzer is a Deathstar with armor and good gun handling.  it definitely doesn't need to snipe. the armor is excellent, it just needs to be managed properly, whereas something like the E3 is just a case of "point it forward".

 

Spoiler

 

The 268... I haven't played, but whereas the other 3 are mid-close range brawlers the 268 is a stealthy sniper TD. the problem being the poor shell velocity, and the inrush of new "scouts" in all the high tier light tanks floating about now.

 

it's armor is worse than the E4, more like a durable medium to the E4's mediocre heavy

 

the t95 is great.

 

Op do not get the jageroo, its bollox. E4 is easily the best on your list


"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        


De4thSt4lker206 #22 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11596 battles
  • 7,715
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 09 October 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

 

the t95 is great.

 

Op do not get the jageroo, its bollox. E4 is easily the best on your list

 

The T95 is great at what it does, it is also a complete slug that used to compete with the TOG II for slowest tank in the game. i do believe it was buffed somewhat but is still terribly slow. very boring tank to play 200+ battles in.

 

Calling a tier 10 TD bollocks... XD    The Jagdpanzer is actually a fairly balanced TD, though it is also very good at what it does. the E4 is an E-100 that trades what the E-100 does well for pen.... could just press "A" for that.


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


vVMr GoodCatVv #23 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:14 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27995 battles
  • 12,430
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

 

The T95 is great at what it does, it is also a complete slug that used to compete with the TOG II for slowest tank in the game. i do believe it was buffed somewhat but is still terribly slow. very boring tank to play 200+ battles in.

 

Calling a tier 10 TD bollocks... XD    The Jagdpanzer is actually a fairly balanced TD, though it is also very good at what it does. the E4 is an E-100 that trades what the E-100 does well for pen.... could just press "A" for that.

 

the jageroo is bollox. No real armour (everyone minces it with prem even through the superstructure). Cammo rating of a london bus on an iceberg and about as agile a limbless toad.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        


HollowPoint_808 #24 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19382 battles
  • 899
  • [PATS]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2016
Done w E3 grind , have the e4 , may not get Jag ... so far so good w E4 , one day ill get E3 just to try it 

Cyrex005 #25 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10736 battles
  • 1,141
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

Yeah the E100 has a scary gun.  The only thing is it's bad mobility I guess.  Which in your opinion is a better choice for 1st time Tier X TD?

 

 

That T30 looks like a T29 which I already have.. More powerful, but maybe similar playstyle.  

The T30bwas originally a heavy tank in thos game before becoming a TD. Peek-a-boom is it's best playstyle. I've snapshot the ammo rack of tanks with this thing. Funniest one was a Motherland. You can also get to the E3 via the M18 line instead of grinding the T40 again as you can  grind the T28 from the T28 Proto. The E4 can pen the cheeks of the Jageroo with standard AP rounds. The E4 and T30 can be played best as second line support Heavy with a big punch. The issue with the T30 is the hull. Keep the hull hidden and actually elevate the front a degree or two and that will hide your roof.



RAGNAR0K N ROLL #26 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:18 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19238 battles
  • 10,833
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
I can only comment on the Jageroo and the E4 but I much prefer the Jageroo. When it’s gun wants cooperate and not hit tracks it hurts people. The armor while not lolridiculous E3 levels of absurdity is workable. Of course the E4 is too but hull down like most American anything. I’m going for,the E3 next just because I want to play the doom turtle

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

 


De4thSt4lker206 #27 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11596 battles
  • 7,715
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 09 October 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

 

the jageroo is bollox. No real armour (everyone minces it with prem even through the superstructure). Cammo rating of a london bus on an iceberg and about as agile a limbless toad.

 

watch my videos and tell em how bad the armor is again, i specifically posted those two for people like you. I am still waiting on my 5 Spartan medals from WG for the first one.. you evidently don't know how to use it as i have 1 less steel wall in 28 games than you do in 211. if you are not shooting you should be angling. and you should only be shooting after your opponent has bounced off of you, you are confident they won't pen, or are willing to trade 1050 of your damage against whatever they have.

 

it can be played as a sniper, it isn't a sniper, so camo rating is rather meaningless.


Edited by De4thSt4lker206, 09 October 2019 - 10:24 PM.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


vVMr GoodCatVv #28 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:31 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27995 battles
  • 12,430
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

 

watch my videos and tell em how bad the armor is again, i specifically posted those two for people like you. I am still waiting on my 5 Spartan medals from WG for the first one.. you evidently don't know how to use it as i have 1 less steel wall in 28 games than you do in 211. if you are not shooting you should be angling. and you should only be shooting after your opponent has bounced off of you, you are confident they won't pen, or are willing to trade 1050 of your damage against whatever they have.

 

it can be played as a sniper, it isn't a sniper, so camo rating is rather meaningless.

 

cool you didnt get spammed with prem, congrats. Its bollox. E4 is far better, e3 is better, both brit tds are better. 

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        


FusionStar287 #29 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:40 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • 16,424
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostTeffisk, on 09 October 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

I haven't played the 103B, but I have played the S1. There are several things I disagree with here. "It isn't good" is completely subjective and unfair. It's my highest average damage tank with a 71% win rate, so I think it's pretty dang good. 

The Grille 15 can react a lot faster than the STRV. No siege mode and it has a turret. It has higher alpha and can trade a lot better than the STRV. The turret and lack of siege mode also means it can brawl a lot better and play peek-a-boo, which is all but impossible in the STRV. 

You also have a whopping 14 games in the Waffle Pz IV and you've never played the Grille. I'm not sure I trust you saying that it is "overshadowed by the TD one tier before it". You also have a 35% win rate in the Waffle Pz IV, so I'm not sure why you are raving about that tank. 

Point of the story, the Grille 15 is dope and you should try it.

 

I don't think saying that the Grille 15 isn't good is subjective at all, much less completely subjective. It's a very large TD with a bad camo rating and no armor, so it's a very easy to hit and pen target that can't remain undetected unless it keeps out of the enemy's spotting range entirely in most instances. Its gun has good alpha damage, solid pen, and great accuracy, but it also has absolutely abysmal dispersion values that make it very inaccurate when not fully aimed. And while it is fast in a straight line it has terrible traverse speeds (which are actually worse than the Waffle) which means that it can still be easily flanked and can't take corners without losing a ton of speed. I'm not saying that you can't do well in the Grille or that you can't enjoy playing it, but it's really not a good tank, especially as a sniper, since it's a large target with bad view range, bad camo rating, no armor, bad shell velocity (with premium shells), fairly poor pen by TD standards, and bad accuracy when not fully aimed.

 

As for the 103B, while its siege mode mechanics can certainly make the tank unwieldy in close quarters situations they can also benefit the tank when sniping, since while it's in siege mode it can turn 360 degrees without losing its camo rating or its binos/camo net, and when you add all of the great features of the 103B it's without a doubt the best pure sniper in the game (or at the very least at tier X). I'd also argue that it can even be more effective in some mid-close range fights than the Grille 15, as while it might not have a turret it can still carefully turn corners or poke over ridgelines to hit enemies while maintaining a very good chance at bouncing return fire where the Grille would have to expose a much larger target without any chance of bouncing incoming shells.

 

And as for the Wt. auf Pz. IV, I've played it enough to know how well it performs. The main reason I say that it overshadows the Grille 15 is, to be frank, because it's a much better tank in a direct comparison despite it being a tier lower. Sure, the Grille 15 is faster and is more accurate when fully aimed, but the Wt. auf Pz. IV has a vastly superior camo rating, actually gets a full turret, has 20m better view range, gets a much faster traverse speed, has the option to use the arguably better 128mm gun, and even when using the 15cm gun it has a better ROF and better dispersion values with the exact same premium pen and alpha damage. If the Wt. auf Pz. IV was moved up to tier X I'd still much rather play it than the Grille 15, and as a tier IX that can avoid seeing tier Xs at all on rare occasions it's not even close as to which tank is significantly better.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


Teffisk #30 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:48 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23160 battles
  • 1,599
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

I don't think saying that the Grille 15 isn't good is subjective at all, much less completely subjective. It's a very large TD with a bad camo rating and no armor, so it's a very easy to hit and pen target that can't remain undetected unless it keeps out of the enemy's spotting range entirely in most instances. Its gun has good alpha damage, solid pen, and great accuracy, but it also has absolutely abysmal dispersion values that make it very inaccurate when not fully aimed. And while it is fast in a straight line it has terrible traverse speeds (which are actually worse than the Waffle) which means that it can still be easily flanked and can't take corners without losing a ton of speed. I'm not saying that you can't do well in the Grille or that you can't enjoy playing it, but it's really not a good tank, especially as a sniper, since it's a large target with bad view range, bad camo rating, no armor, bad shell velocity (with premium shells), fairly poor pen by TD standards, and bad accuracy when not fully aimed.

 

As for the 103B, while its siege mode mechanics can certainly make the tank unwieldy in close quarters situations they can also benefit the tank when sniping, since while it's in siege mode it can turn 360 degrees without losing its camo rating or its binos/camo net, and when you add all of the great features of the 103B it's without a doubt the best pure sniper in the game (or at the very least at tier X). I'd also argue that it can even be more effective in some mid-close range fights than the Grille 15, as while it might not have a turret it can also carefully turn corners or poke over ridgelines to hit enemies while maintaining a very good chance at bouncing return fire where the Grille would have to expose a much larger target without any chance of bouncing incoming shells.

 

And as for the Wt. auf Pz. IV, I've played it enough to know how well it performs. The main reason I say that it overshadows the Grille 15 is, to be frank, because it's a much better tank in a direct comparison despite it being a tier lower. Sure, the Grille 15 is faster and is more accurate when fully aimed, but the Wt. auf Pz. IV has a vastly superior camo rating, actually gets a full turret, has 20m better view range, gets a much faster traverse speed, has the option to use the arguably better 128mm gun, and even when using the 15cm gun it has a better ROF and better dispersion values with the exact same premium pen and alpha damage. If the Wt. auf Pz. IV was moved up to tier X I'd still much rather play it than the Grille 15, and as a tier IX that can avoid seeing tier Xs at all on rare occasions it's not even close as to which tank is significantly better.

 

Come find me after you buy the Grille 15.

FusionStar287 #31 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:50 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • 16,424
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostTeffisk, on 09 October 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

 

Come find me after you buy the Grille 15.

I guess I won't be finding you since, contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually enjoy playing bad tanks most of the time. 


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


Teffisk #32 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:51 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23160 battles
  • 1,599
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

I guess I won't be finding you since, contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually enjoy playing bad tanks most of the time. 

 

I think a player like you would absolutely tear people up in that tank. I recommend you give it a try. That's all. How many tanks have surprised you? Best I can remember, a lot.

 



I bet you can do even better.


Edited by Teffisk, 09 October 2019 - 10:54 PM.


De4thSt4lker206 #33 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11596 battles
  • 7,715
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 09 October 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

 

cool you didnt get spammed with prem, congrats. Its bollox. E4 is far better, e3 is better, both brit tds are better. 

 

it is as good a tank at bouncing premium as any in the game. seems your issue isn't the tank.  no one will pen your casemate with premium except another Jagdpanzer, if you angle it properly. they will pen your LFP, but there isn't a single tank in the game that is immune to Tier 10 TD premium ammo. the first battle, for instance i put a sloppy premium shot through an E3's gun mantle. Is it a bad tank because it couldn't take the single highest pen round in the game?

 

E4 is a knock off E-100, only markedly better for people who can't handle less than 280mm of pen at tier 10 in heavy tanks, and can't handle not having a turret on their TDs, E3 is a broken monstrosity, that does not make the Jadpanzer bad, Both Brits are slotmachines and the 4005 is dead meat against a jagdpanzer's 1450 Apha, 90+mm Pen HE, wheras the HESH will struggle with a properly angled Jageruu. the deathstar has terrible gun handling in exchange for worse armor, rather than nonexistant.  I have no ideas about the Badger, but our version looks super-nerfed.

 

 

the Jageruu is maybe the 3rd most powerful in the OP's line-up, but only a bollocks player in it would call it bollocks.

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

I guess I won't be finding you since, contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually enjoy playing bad tanks most of the time. 

 

there is a saying, "Don't knock it 'til you try it"  personally snipey stealthy TDs aren't to my taste at tier 10 (because stealthy isn't at tier 10) but hey, it is fast... (er than a chieftain, so it must be flexible right? ;):trollface:)

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


vVMr GoodCatVv #34 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:53 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27995 battles
  • 12,430
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

I guess I won't be finding you since, contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually enjoy playing bad tanks most of the time. 

 

you should give it a try. I personally think that this tank too is trash but you should always give these things a shot.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        


FusionStar287 #35 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:57 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • 16,424
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

@ Teffisk, Potato QQ and FusionStar287 thank you guys for really good advice and informative posts.  Lots to ponder..  I think I'll go with E4.  

 

Eventually though, I'll check out that Swedish TD line.  That STRV 103B sounds like an absolute beast!  Actually sounds like the much bigger and more powerful cousin to my E25, which I love.  Best pound for pound tank in the game in my opinion.  Note that I didn't say OP, please don't nerf lol.  

Back to this topic, though, I do want to warn you that the siege mode mechanics can take some getting use to and do keep the STRVs from playing exactly like the E25. That mechanic basically just makes the Swedish TDs a bit better when sniping while undetected while making them much worse at flanking enemies and turning corners, and as such they don't really play just like the E25, but at the same time once you get used to how siege mode works the 103B's gun handling especially is just incredible.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


vVMr GoodCatVv #36 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:58 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27995 battles
  • 12,430
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

 

it is as good a tank at bouncing premium as any in the game. seems your issue isn't the tank.  no one will pen your casemate with premium except another Jagdpanzer, if you angle it properly. they will pen your LFP, but there isn't a single tank in the game that is immune to Tier 10 TD premium ammo. the first battle, for instance i put a sloppy premium shot through an E3's gun mantle. Is it a bad tank because it couldn't take the single highest pen round in the game?

 

E4 is a knock off E-100, only markedly better for people who can't handle less than 280mm of pen at tier 10 in heavy tanks, and can't handle not having a turret on their TDs, E3 is a broken monstrosity, that does not make the Jadpanzer bad, Both Brits are slotmachines and the 4005 is dead meat against a jagdpanzer's 1450 Apha, 90+mm Pen HE, wheras the HESH will struggle with a properly angled Jageruu. the deathstar has terrible gun handling in exchange for worse armor, rather than nonexistant.  I have no ideas about the Badger, but our version looks super-nerfed.

 

 

there is a saying, "Don't knock it 'til you try it"  personally snipey stealthy TDs aren't to my taste at tier 10 (because stealthy isn't at tier 10) but hey, it is fast... (er than a chieftain, so it must be flexible right? ;):trollface:)

 

the badger is bad and you are correct its super nerf'd. The e100 is a tank I much prefer to the e4 as its armour is far superior. The jageroo is no match for the 183 carriers. I did write more but frankly I cant be bothered. You stick with what you like and I will avoid bollox tanks. 

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        


vVMr GoodCatVv #37 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27995 battles
  • 12,430
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
The absolutely wonderful thing about the jageroo is you get to play the jagdpanther II. My favourite td in the game. Marvellous tank.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        


FusionStar287 #38 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:02 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • 16,424
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostTeffisk, on 09 October 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

 

I think a player like you would absolutely tear people up in that tank. I recommend you give it a try. That's all. How many tanks have surprised you? Best I can remember, a lot.

 



I bet you can do even better.

 

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 09 October 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

 

you should give it a try. I personally think that this tank too is trash but you should always give these things a shot.

Honestly I think y'all are overestimating how well I'd do in the Grille. I very rarely enjoy or do well in tanks that are large targets without good armor, and I almost always know how well I'd perform in a tank before I end up playing it (honestly it's very rare that a tank surprises me once I play it unless I just didn't pay attention to its stats beforehand). I may end up getting it just from playing the Wt. Pz. IV in the future, but even if I did I highly doubt that my opinion on it would change much, if at all. 


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


FusionStar287 #39 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • 16,424
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 09 October 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

The absolutely wonderful thing about the jageroo is you get to play the jagdpanther II. My favourite td in the game. Marvellous tank.

I went up to the Jageroo from the Tiger P and Ferdinand though, so I never got to play the Jagdpanther II (not that I'm complaining; the Ferdinand and Tiger P are awesome tanks).


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


De4thSt4lker206 #40 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11596 battles
  • 7,715
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 09 October 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

The absolutely wonderful thing about the jageroo is you get to play the jagdpanther II. My favourite td in the game. Marvellous tank.

 

no, no, no, it isn't a TD, it is the best tier 8 medium in the game. :great:

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race






Also tagged with Tier X Tank Destroyers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users