Jagdpanzer E 100 or T110E4 or T110E3 or Object 268?

Tier X Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

lI_Redline_Il #61 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2191 battles

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

it is as good a tank at bouncing premium as any in the game. seems your issue isn't the tank.  no one will pen your casemate with premium except another Jagdpanzer, if you angle it properly. they will pen your LFP, but there isn't a single tank in the game that is immune to Tier 10 TD premium ammo. the first battle, for instance i put a sloppy premium shot through an E3's gun mantle. Is it a bad tank because it couldn't take the single highest pen round in the game?

E4 is a knock off E-100, only markedly better for people who can't handle less than 280mm of pen at tier 10 in heavy tanks, and can't handle not having a turret on their TDs, E3 is a broken monstrosity, that does not make the Jadpanzer bad, Both Brits are slotmachines and the 4005 is dead meat against a jagdpanzer's 1450 Apha, 90+mm Pen HE, wheras the HESH will struggle with a properly angled Jageruu. the deathstar has terrible gun handling in exchange for worse armor, rather than nonexistant.  I have no ideas about the Badger, but our version looks super-nerfed.

the Jageruu is maybe the 3rd most powerful in the OP's line-up, but only a bollocks player in it would call it bollocks.

there is a saying, "Don't knock it 'til you try it"  personally snipey stealthy TDs aren't to my taste at tier 10 (because stealthy isn't at tier 10) but hey, it is fast... (er than a chieftain, so it must be flexible right? ;):trollface:)

Is stealth kind of a non-factor at tier 10? Like too many tier 10 lights buzzing around?  Is that why you don't like the STRV 103B?  What's the best tier 10 TD in the game of any line in your opinion?

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

Back to this topic, though, I do want to warn you that the siege mode mechanics can take some getting use to and do keep the STRVs from playing exactly like the E25. That mechanic basically just makes the Swedish TDs a bit better when sniping while undetected while making them much worse at flanking enemies and turning corners, and as such they don't really play just like the E25, but at the same time once you get used to how siege mode works the 103B's gun handling especially is just incredible.

Ah, I see.  So can't play it like the E25, but still it sounds like an amazing tank..  Too bad I don't have any Swedish tanks whereas in the other lines I mentioned in my op I have like 1 tier 5 (stug iii g), and 3 tier 6's (hellcat, jackson, su 100), hence this thread.   But almost tempted now to start grinding the Swedish td line from scratch and get the STRV 103B over the E4.  Should I or bad idea?  And curious, since I asked Deathstalker this question too but what's the best tier 10 TD right now, meta and everything considered in your opinion?  I guess my condition would be fairly accurate and reliable gun, forgiving armor and playstyle for newb vs what is likely to be a lot of very good players at tier 10.. 

lI_Redline_Il #62 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2191 battles

View PostTeffisk, on 09 October 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

I haven't played the 103B, but I have played the S1. There are several things I disagree with here. "It isn't good" is completely subjective and unfair. It's my highest average damage tank with a 71% win rate, so I think it's pretty dang good. 

The Grille 15 can react a lot faster than the STRV. No siege mode and it has a turret. It has higher alpha and can trade a lot better than the STRV. The turret and lack of siege mode also means it can brawl a lot better and play peek-a-boo, which is all but impossible in the STRV. 

You also have a whopping 14 games in the Waffle Pz IV and you've never played the Grille. I'm not sure I trust you saying that it is "overshadowed by the TD one tier before it". You also have a 35% win rate in the Waffle Pz IV, so I'm not sure why you are raving about that tank. 

Point of the story, the Grille 15 is dope and you should try it.

I love the idea of the Grille, I really do.  I'ts just the sort of gun that I love but it lacks armor and camo right?  Now that's a fatal combination imo for someone not super experienced such as myself.  I'm thinking it probably has a very high learning curve and maybe you have to be a pretty good player to survive and do well in it in tier 10 matches, no?

FusionStar287 #63 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:44 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

Ah, I see.  So can't play it like the E25, but still it sounds like an amazing tank..  Too bad I don't have any Swedish tanks whereas in the other lines I mentioned in my op I have like 1 tier 5 (stug iii g), and 3 tier 6's (hellcat, jackson, su 100), hence this thread.   But almost tempted now to start grinding the Swedish td line from scratch and get the STRV 103B over the E4.  Should I or bad idea?  And curious, since I asked Deathstalker this question too but what's the best tier 10 TD right now, meta and everything considered in your opinion?  I guess my condition would be fairly accurate and reliable gun, forgiving armor and playstyle for newb vs what is likely to be a lot of very good players at tier 10.. 

I would suggest finishing the grind for the E4 first and going up the line for the 103B later. While both are great TDs in their own right the E4 is, as a whole, a better tank in the current meta mostly because it's just more flexible (the STRV can struggle on city maps, for example, while the E4 can do well on pretty well any map). The E4 is also considerably less expensive to run for a few reasons, as it doesn't need to run food as much as the STRV, its shells deal over twice the damage while barely costing more credits per shell, and since the E4 never has to worry about getting a map on which it struggles to be effective it doesn't have to worry about being taken apart before doing much as often. In fact, the difference in the operating costs of both tanks is so great that I'll struggle to make credits without a premium account in the 103B but can often run a 30-60k profit in the E4. The E4 is also a more forgiving tank to play, so it generally doesn't take as much effort or focus to do well in.

That all said, I do still recommend getting the 103B in the future if you do enjoy sniping TDs, as I wasn't joking when I said I firmly believe it to be the best sniper in the game. The line can be a fairly difficult grind and it's not until tier IX that you get any armor at all, but once you put the time into learning how the siege mode works they can feel very satisfying to play. Of course, the 103B can't turn a corner and slam a tank for more than 900 damage on a slightly high roll while bouncing that tank's return shot like the E4 can. :P

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Teffisk #64 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23160 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 10 October 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

I love the idea of the Grille, I really do.  I'ts just the sort of gun that I love but it lacks armor and camo right?  Now that's a fatal combination imo for someone not super experienced such as myself.  I'm thinking it probably has a very high learning curve and maybe you have to be a pretty good player to survive and do well in it in tier 10 matches, no?

But it's 5x more mobile than every tank on your list, and mobility is more important. Camo is good for like 5 maps, while mobility is important on every map. Also the Grille camo isn't tragic. Fully equipped, move has a value of 62/100. The T110E4 had 60/100 for reference. 

De4thSt4lker206 #65 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11600 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 09 October 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Is stealth kind of a non-factor at tier 10? Like too many tier 10 lights buzzing around?  Is that why you don't like the STRV 103B?  What's the best tier 10 TD in the game of any line in your opinion?

it pretty much is a non-factor if playing properly. i have no opinion on the STV, wasn't in when i left and i just got back, though if you are lucky and get an open map i think it *could* still be stealthy. the problem is the other TDs can still snipe, but also have the armor for city maps.

I would say the most powerful is probably the E3, but it is generic and boring, FV215B 183 is up there, but not a consistent tank. I enjoy the Jagdpanzer. enough armor, a thumper but accurate gun, more mobility than the E3 (same as the E-100). it is just a mildly harder tank to use. the E3 is mindnumbingly *point at enemy* *profit*

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

FusionStar287 #66 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:05 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

i have no opinion on the STV, wasn't in when i left and i just got back, though if you are lucky and get an open map i think it *could* still be stealthy. the problem is the other TDs can still snipe, but also have the armor for city maps.

I just want to mention that the 103B's armor is way better than I believe you think it is. If the enemy are using a 120mm or smaller gun they simply can't pen your front with most ammo types, 122mm-150mm guns have to hit a rather thin strip of armor to pen and will bounce anywhere else, and even though HEAT shells can pen where the same caliber AP/APCR shells can't the 103B's HEAT shield can absorb a surprisingly large amount of HEAT shells as well. Its armor was probably the most surprisingly good aspect of the STRV for me (apart from its gun handling), and even on small city maps it's not uncommon to hold a corridor single handily simply because the tanks that push that flank can't pen through your armor.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

De4thSt4lker206 #67 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11600 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostFusionStar287, on 09 October 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

I just want to mention that the 103B's armor is way better than I believe you think it is. If the enemy are using a 120mm or smaller gun they simply can't pen your front with most ammo types, 122mm-150mm guns have to hit a rather thin strip of armor to pen and will bounce anywhere else, and even though HEAT shells can pen where the same caliber AP/APCR shells can't the 103B's HEAT shield can absorb a surprisingly large amount of HEAT shells as well. Its armor was probably the most surprisingly good aspect of the STRV for me (apart from its gun handling), and even on small city maps it's not uncommon to hold a corridor single handily simply because the tanks that push that flank can't pen through your armor.

well then they can rush you, or load HE. many tanks at tier 10 have 150+ guns now too. entire lower plate and the gun "line" are 40, so 121+ can pen it there. looks like there is also a hatch too, though granted not huge.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

FusionStar287 #68 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:47 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 09 October 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

well then they can rush you, or load HE. many tanks at tier 10 have 150+ guns now too. entire lower plate and the gun "line" are 40, so 121+ can pen it there. looks like there is also a hatch too, though granted not huge.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the type of armor that you can always rely on by any means, but at the same time it's incredible in the right situations and is also great at bouncing rushed shots (which occur often when enemies snap shots off in your direction just as you're spotted or backing up over a ridgeline). It has been especially good over the last few months due to the large amount of British and American heavies and mediums around, as none of those tanks can pen the front with standard ammo and tanks like the British heavies can't pen your front at all. HE, while it can be a problem, also is mitigated by the spaced armor plated covering the front (the HEAT shield on top and the plow over the lower plate), and I'd argue that forcing tanks to deal 100-200 damage per shot when they'd normally be hitting for 400-500 per shot makes your armor rather solid.

Also, while it does have a cupola it is very, very rarely hit. A large amount of players don't know to aim at it, and many people that do try to hit it miss entirely (which is especially funny when they tank that's aiming at your cupola could pen through parts of your frontal armor). Fittingly enough the most common instance of my 103B's cupola being penned is when I'm fighting another Swedish TD since they both are accurate enough to hit it and don't have the caliber or HEAT needed to have a chance at penning the front anywhere else.

Chr15py #69 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15321 battles

I have all 4 so can give some advice :)

T110E3 - My first tier 10 tank. I love it: very heavily armoured with the only actual weak spot being the lower plate. The cupola is not a weak spot lol. Pen is very good and unless you really are unlucky you wont generally require premium rounds. I take a few of the HE as they can be very, very funny against hull down tanks (IS7 etc) hitting for 400-600 very often. The grind to it is good also. I played the T28 and T95 prior to its speed buff and didn't have an issue with them at that point. Have kept my T95 too :).

T110E4 - My second tier 10 tank. Loved it, turret cheeks got a nerf, I rage sold it and bought it back at a later point. Still love it now. Its not really a TD but more of a "lightly armoured" Heavy with a big boom stick. Very much a "peek a boom" tank as the cheeks are penned by all tier 9+ and the cupola is cheese. The grid is easy as pie from the Hellcat too and I kept the T28 Proto and T30 as they're just mega awesome...the T30 especially!!! Gun is as good as the E3s albeit with a longer aimtime and slightly worse accuracy. the turret makes all the difference though.

Jageroo - I love it and play it like a front row siege tank. Generally awesome armour against everything bar mega high pen ammo. I am in the minority in that I didn't like the Jagdpanther 2 and Jagdtiger even slightly. They are both awesome tanks but I just couldn't stand them. Standard rounds are awesome, the 400mm plus HEAT rounds are epic. If you ever want a giggle, fire only HE ;)

Obj 268 - mega high pen AP and like the Jageroo, even better prem rounds. Armour is "so so" and does bounce. Play it like the previous tanks and you'll have no issues at all. I like it but don't play it that often as the others are more fun.

In conclusion: T110E3 & 4 are best followed closely by the Jageroo and the 268

Hope that helps

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

lI_Redline_Il #70 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2191 battles

@Teffisk, De4thSt4lker206, FusionStar287   thanks again for the replies guys.  A lot of great feedback on issues like stealth, mobility, armor and firepower for these TD choices at tier 10. 

I think I'll go with the E4 to start with (because it seems most noob friendly), then Jageroo, and then something like 103B or Grille.   

lI_Redline_Il #71 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2191 battles

View PostChr15py, on 10 October 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have all 4 so can give some advice :)

T110E3 - My first tier 10 tank. I love it: very heavily armoured with the only actual weak spot being the lower plate. The cupola is not a weak spot lol. Pen is very good and unless you really are unlucky you wont generally require premium rounds. I take a few of the HE as they can be very, very funny against hull down tanks (IS7 etc) hitting for 400-600 very often. The grind to it is good also. I played the T28 and T95 prior to its speed buff and didn't have an issue with them at that point. Have kept my T95 too :).

T110E4 - My second tier 10 tank. Loved it, turret cheeks got a nerf, I rage sold it and bought it back at a later point. Still love it now. Its not really a TD but more of a "lightly armoured" Heavy with a big boom stick. Very much a "peek a boom" tank as the cheeks are penned by all tier 9+ and the cupola is cheese. The grid is easy as pie from the Hellcat too and I kept the T28 Proto and T30 as they're just mega awesome...the T30 especially!!! Gun is as good as the E3s albeit with a longer aimtime and slightly worse accuracy. the turret makes all the difference though.

Jageroo - I love it and play it like a front row siege tank. Generally awesome armour against everything bar mega high pen ammo. I am in the minority in that I didn't like the Jagdpanther 2 and Jagdtiger even slightly. They are both awesome tanks but I just couldn't stand them. Standard rounds are awesome, the 400mm plus HEAT rounds are epic. If you ever want a giggle, fire only HE ;)

Obj 268 - mega high pen AP and like the Jageroo, even better prem rounds. Armour is "so so" and does bounce. Play it like the previous tanks and you'll have no issues at all. I like it but don't play it that often as the others are more fun.

In conclusion: T110E3 & 4 are best followed closely by the Jageroo and the 268

Hope that helps

Chris

Very good pointers, thanks!  The only thing about that E3 is the T95 monstrosity at tier 9.. which doesn't seem like it can move lol.  I've heard people describe it as a brutal grind because by the time it gets anywhere half the battle might be over?  Don't know how true that is but it might not be the most noob friendly grind..  

XT356 #72 Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9833 battles
  • [WOOO]
I find the jag e100 to be the worst of the bunch. Too team dependent. Slow, cumbersome, the obj and the E4 are much better choices. Then again, I lived the jagdtiger and found the jag e100 to be a letdown. Loved the T28p and hated the T30. Then again, the 5.5in conway is the best ir you just want pure lolz. That 140mm gun will overmatch almost everyone and their mom. Not to mention the turret is extremly trollish.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

Also tagged with Tier X Tank Destroyers

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users