Falcon T92

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

sstewart21 #1 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23967 battles
  • [BEARD]
Seeing as it the DOTW what do those that own think about it?  Thinking of picking it up.

FusionStar287 #2 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:14 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

It's not for everyone, but personally speaking it's one of my favorite tier VIII premiums. To quickly cover its few negatives, the tank is slow for a light tank (being capped to 60kph), it has low alpha damage and mediocre pen for the tier (it's damage and pen are identical to the Lycan's), and while it obviously has no armor it also has a low health pool of just 1k hit points. Its positives more than make up for these negatives though, as the tank has both one of the best power to weight ratios in the game as well as the best ground resistances in the game (meaning that it very easily reaches and maintains its top speed, even up many slopes), it has some of the best on the move dispersion values in the game along with a very good shell velocity with standard ammo (making it one of the best light tanks at circling enemies to death in the game, especially when combined with its good traverse speeds and very good ROF), and because it is a rather low profile tank it is a decently stealthily light tank that can shoot over ridges without exposing much more than its cupolas.

Simply put, it's not the best scout light tank due to its slower top speed and it's not the best damage dealing light due to its low damage per shot, but at the same time its great gun handling and mobility easily make it plenty capable in both of those roles. When you can circle enemies safely there are very few lights that can do it better, when you can't circle enemies it's still very, very good at getting quick snap-shots off over ridges and around corners, and as long as you're careful about avoiding other lights that may rush you down it's still very good in a scout role as well. More than anything, though, it just feels like a very reliable light tank when compared to most (namely due to its great dispersion values), and in many ways it feels like a much better version of the single shot T71 tier for tier.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

MaxAmmo10562 #3 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:46 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29766 battles
  • [RATIO]
I second what Fusion said, it's a fun light tank and one of my fav tier VIII premiums. If you like lights you should pick it up especially as it's DOTW.

Unassuming Noob #4 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 32312 battles
Does it make decent silver

'Arty safe' is an oxymoron. Balance does not exist at tier 10. 

FusionStar287 #5 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:59 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostUnassuming Noob, on 09 October 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

It's on the lower end of silver earning as far as tier VIII premiums go since it only gets a 50% credit multiplier and its shells have low alpha damage and pen for the tier (which means that you're not making as many credits when firing standard APCR and losing far more credits than other premiums when firing HEAT). Of course, in the matches where you spot effectively that high shell cost/damage ratio won't matter since you're credit earning will come from spotting damage and as long as you're mostly firing APCR you're almost certainly not going to lose credits, but it won't print them as well as other premiums can for sure (which, to be fair, can be said about most tier VIII premium light tanks).

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

mockney_piers #6 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9729 battles
  • [FILTH]

Got it as DOTW.

Additional to the above observations, the p/w is excellent and its ground resistances absurd, meaning it get to its speed cap very quickly, on any surface (turning in water is quite another matter, yikes).

400m view range and decent camo mean it's actually a decent passive scout, manged 4k last night just sitting in a bush in a tier X game (rammer, optics, v-stabs), which is very unusual.

Also codded an obj 705 in reverse, which was fun.

swindle 321 #7 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37841 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

The gun feels a lot like the Lycans only without the autoloader, I know that might sound like a bad thing but the rate of fire does make up for it a bit, the reload is very good. I haven't played the tech tree walker bulldog since they removed the autoloader but I would imagine the 2 would be very similar, so if you're a fan of the WB in its current form I don't see why you wouldn't like the Falcon T92.

View PostUnassuming Noob, on 10 October 2019 - 04:52 AM, said:

It's fairly average for earning silver for me, if you want to make 100k you're going to need at least 3.5k combined. I haven't played it much but I do like it and on a good game you'll pull decent silver.

YouTube

KD9WjLi.jpg

FatGummyhead #8 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10855 battles
I am also thinking about spending the gold to get it . looks fun but  with black friday around the corner not sure ....

milesizdead #9 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17575 battles
  • [47R]

Two or three games in it, and it seems like a blast :)

Agility makes up for the lack of top speed, handbrake and the Falcon go nicely together :)

HuggerOrange6 #10 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18940 battles
Just throwing it out there but is it as fun as the Vanguard? Maybe not a great comparison side by side, just curious about overall performance. I'm on the fence.

Teffisk #11 Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23160 battles
  • [-L7-]
I love the tech tree American Bulldog. I'm not so sure 20 less alpha and 12 kph less is worth the camo benefit. I think I'll stick with the tech tree tank.

AJH387 #12 Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15699 battles
  • [HLCAT]

View PostHuggerOrange6, on 10 October 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Just throwing it out there but is it as fun as the Vanguard? Maybe not a great comparison side by side, just curious about overall performance. I'm on the fence.

I'd say the performance as an end result are pretty similar. Just because the T92 gun handling is much better. Obviously the Vanguard is better for lulz and as a pest role, but I think the T92 is just as effective in it's own way.

FusionStar287 #13 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTeffisk, on 10 October 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I love the tech tree American Bulldog. I'm not so sure 20 less alpha and 12 kph less is worth the camo benefit. I think I'll stick with the tech tree tank.

It's worth mentioning that the T92 gains more than just camo in comparison to the Bulldog. The T92's gun fires faster, which both makes it better at keeping tanks perma-tracked and gives it a slightly higher DPM, its dispersion values are significantly better than the M41 WB (which makes it much better at firing on the move, especially when considering its slower top speed), the T92's better acceleration and ground resistances make it that extra bit faster to accelerate up to its top speed, and of course its better camo values also means that the tank is a lower profile tank (which is especially true when working ridgelines, as it leaves a much, much smaller target that enemies can hit when doing so). Of course, the M41 does get a faster top speed, better traverse speeds, and that just tiny bit better alpha damage, but I'd still say that I prefer the T92 for its advantages personally.

FusionStar287 #14 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:37 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAJH387, on 10 October 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

I'd say the performance as an end result are pretty similar. Just because the T92 gun handling is much better. Obviously the Vanguard is better for lulz and as a pest role, but I think the T92 is just as effective in it's own way.

Pretty much what AJH said. The Vanguard is a much better scout and is a ton of fun if for no other reason than the memes (like sitting next to tanks without them being able to aim down at you, remaining undetected 55m away from M48 Pattons, etc.), but the T92 can often be more effective because of how much better its gun is. Personally speaking I enjoy the Vanguard more (it's my favorite tank in the game currently), but the T92 is still a really fun and rather good light tank as well.

Pit Friend #15 Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33111 battles
  • [PTATO]
I’m still just baffled by how the crew is expected to do their jobs while also operating those MG turrets. :)

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users