Lag on eu server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

pilotguy79 #1 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17443 battles
  • [AOO]

looking for some help. I’ve been playing for a while now on both NA and EU with no issues. No lag. Today however a totally different experience. Only on EU. When I go to NA it runs fine. 

As I said I have been playing on both servers for years with no issues and last night I had no issue. 

Today, actually just this last couple hours from about 3pm (pst) my signal strength has started in the green then jumps down to red then yellow then green. Yet if I go to NA it stays full green.

in the past (except today) my signal on Eu has been 1 bar lower than full and never fluctuated.

i called my service provided and they ran a test and all was good. They recommended doing a speed test from eastern US. So I ran a test with a company from Chicago. It came back great, so I ran a Speed test from Europe (in the uk) it came back as expected with slight diminished results from my North America speed tests. 

Ive reset my modem and use only a hard wired connection.

SPUK4U #2 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10417 battles
Sounds like your operator has long distance problems. When connection speed moves up and down the route that data packets use may change.  When operators sell internet connection, they advertise the speed to their local network, but they don't tell what is their contract with international operators and that is what makes Internet connection fast or slow for gamers. 
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

pilotguy79 #3 Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17443 battles
  • [AOO]

View PostSPUK4U, on 10 October 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

Sounds like your operator has long distance problems. When connection speed moves up and down the route that data packets use may change.  When operators sell internet connection, they advertise the speed to their local network, but they don't tell what is their contract with international operators and that is what makes Internet connection fast or slow for gamers. 

I’ve had this issue only on wot, I jumped on world of warships which has its server in Eu I think. Had no issue. I proceeded to play on pc wot with the euro server with no issue. I’ve had this provider for 3 1/2 years. 

SPUK4U #4 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10417 battles

View Postpilotguy79, on 10 October 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

I’ve had this issue only on wot, I jumped on world of warships which has its server in Eu I think. Had no issue. I proceeded to play on pc wot with the euro server with no issue. I’ve had this provider for 3 1/2 years. 

Some latency issues can come up when server load exceeds it nominal capacity. Did you chech how many people where online when you had issues?  Also, has it's own Internet connection and service provider that can cause issues. It only takes one weak link in the chain and user experiences lag. If other things in Internet work fine and other WoT server is ok then peoblem is not in your side and you can't do anything other than report it to WG with much data as you can gather.
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users