Arty snap shots...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Stahlbrezel #1 Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27914 battles

i just wonder... i've been snapshoted 3 times in row last week by arty. Snapshoted means: caught arty from the side... hull turned to me, quick focus, fire and i was back in the garage. 
I am just wondering because, whenever i play an arty, and i need to snapshot someone... i can bet the ammunition flies everywhere but on the target i'm focusing. 

Is there a trick or is it pure rng?

Hic Rhodus, hic salta... ~ Aesop

Merun #2 Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12379 battles
  • [FRONT]

Pure RNG and RB/R1(either by clicking or holding while turning)

Sometimes it can be extremely fun, if it works out.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

Just a german guy who loves to play weird tanks.

Playing on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Tanks to kill: 73(11 T, 8 M, 54 P)

SPUK4U #3 Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11358 battles

View PostStahlbrezel, on 14 October 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

i just wonder... i've been snapshoted 3 times in row last week by arty. Snapshoted means: caught arty from the side... hull turned to me, quick focus, fire and i was back in the garage. 
I am just wondering because, whenever i play an arty, and i need to snapshot someone... i can bet the ammunition flies everywhere but on the target i'm focusing. 

Is there a trick or is it pure rng?

The trick is not to use auto-lock, you aim manually and take a bit lead before you fire, it takes a bit practice to get the feeling for it.  You can use auto-lock on targets that are moving towards you or away, but it's better to learn how to aim manually with shotgun.  Also note that arty's accuracy is 0.8-1.2m at 100m after aim time so If target is closer it's more accurate.  The part of the trick is to relay to the fact that RNG makes majority of shots go towards the center part of the circle, so more tank you have in the circle more change you have to hit the target.

Here I use old heavy tank's counter circle tactics to take down the  light tank.

Here, a light tank was chasing my arty and I used minimap to time my shot.

Here, I move backwards while I turn so that aiming circle gets time to shrink.

Well, in the end, it's just pure clicking, no skill needed to play arty. :P

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

sergeant-slow741 #4 Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24205 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 14 October 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

The trick is not to use auto-lock, you aim manually and take a bit lead before you fire, it takes a bit practice to get the feeling for it.  You can use auto-lock on targets that are moving towards you or away, but it's better to learn how to aim manually with shotgun.  Also note that arty's accuracy is 0.8-1.2m at 100m after aim time so If target is closer it's more accurate.  The part of the trick is to relay to the fact that RNG makes majority of shots go towards the center part of the circle, so more tank you have in the circle more change you have to hit the target.

Here I use old heavy tank's counter circle tactics to take down the  light tank.

Here, a light tank was chasing my arty and I used minimap to time my shot.

Here, I move backwards while I turn so that aiming circle gets time to shrink.

Well, in the end, it's just pure clicking, no skill needed to play arty. :P

Arty going into TD mode.....:trollface:

End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

SPUK4U #5 Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11358 battles

View Postsergeant-slow741, on 14 October 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

Arty going into TD mode.....:trollface:

It's not always going as planned...sometimes RNG really shows you the middle finger.

Here, It's my turn to shoot first and RNG decides that my HE shell shall ricochet off from enemy barrel.  Other arty got better luck, he took my arty out... so it seems that barrel size do matter. The other arty used all his luck when he blocked that shot and roll down from the hill and ended upside down in front of my teammate who in turn shotgunned him.

:trollface:

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users