Ability to merge crews to get a more skilled crew

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Aliyat EJ #1 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16367 battles
Hello,
My suggestion is for the ability to merge crews to create a new crew with higher Crew XP and therefore more skills/perks. Basically, for the price of gold we would dismiss a crew and add its Crew XP to another crew of the same nation.

For example:
a) I have four crews with 1 skill each. For the price of XX (times 3) gold, I can dismiss three of those crews and add their Crew XP to the last crew to create a 4 skill crew.
b) I have two 4 skill crews and for the price of XX gold, I can dismiss one of them to change the other into a 6 skill crew (because of higher Crew XP requirements per 4 skills).
c) Take a 16 skill crew, a 1 skill crew, and for the price of XX gold I can have everyone on the forum laugh at me for wasting XX gold. :medal:

The XX amount is up to you (obviously) but I think something like 50 gold is reasonable.

In my opinion, this will increase the appeal of mercenary crews and add to the value of crews won in war chests. Take those three 1 skill Yeti from your Monster War Chests and for XX (times 2) gold, turn them into a proper 3 skill monster!
Thank you for your consideration.
- EJ

You say potato, I say tomato..

Red Dough Boy #2 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:08 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27294 battles
  • [APG]
I've thought about this too, would be nice as buying or earning premiums gives you a crew that is dismissed almost immediately if it's for a nation you have well trained crews for. Maybe make the crew vouchers count for something extra and have the ability to spend those instead of gold. 

If I only had a Baneblade....

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:58 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27982 battles
  • [A4C]

+1

Been asking for something like this for a while.  I'd be happy if they'd let us merge crews we don't use for half of the Crew XP of the other crews being absorbed.  

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

TransparentBlue #4 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles

View PostRed Dough Boy, on 16 October 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

I've thought about this too, would be nice as buying or earning premiums gives you a crew that is dismissed almost immediately if it's for a nation you have well trained crews for. Maybe make the crew vouchers count for something extra and have the ability to spend those instead of gold. 

Why in the world would you ever dismiss a crew?   Are your barracks full?  Do they drink too much and leave the latrine a mess?

Starting with a premium tank crew, get the first skill (Sixth Sense) then move them to the target tank.  You're not starting with a 75% crew to get Sixth Sense, so you get that first skill faster.  Or you can start by getting your premium crew 25k XP and when you move them, they'll be masters in the new tank while paying only the silver transfer fee.

Once you have whatever skills you deem essential, you can move them. But why start fully green when you have a starter crew right there?

Basically, you're costing yourself 25k XP by dismissing the crews from your Premiums.

Gallant Prime #5 Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 45273 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTransparentBlue, on 16 October 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

Why in the world would you ever dismiss a crew?   Are your barracks full?  Do they drink too much and leave the latrine a mess?

Starting with a premium tank crew, get the first skill (Sixth Sense) then move them to the target tank.  You're not starting with a 75% crew to get Sixth Sense, so you get that first skill faster.  Or you can start by getting your premium crew 25k XP and when you move them, they'll be masters in the new tank while paying only the silver transfer fee.

Once you have whatever skills you deem essential, you can move them. But why start fully green when you have a starter crew right there?

Basically, you're costing yourself 25k XP by dismissing the crews from your Premiums.

At some point, you don't need any more crews.  After 10-15 crews in the larger nations and most if not all trained up to 8-10 skills, why bother with a new crew at all?  I'm not starting new crews.  

As to OP's suggestion, I wanted this a long time ago.  Some responded saying it was pay to win.  I still want it.  I would consider buying the monster crews if we had this.  I would then dump an experienced crew into a monster crew to maintain the skill level.  No point in monster crews for me, though I do like the pics.  

Aliyat EJ #6 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16367 battles
I had not seen (or maybe remembered) your original suggestion. I don't think people were suggesting that merging crews was "pay to win" so hopefully our merging crew suggestion will gain traction.

- EJ

You say potato, I say tomato..

PapaG9CY #7 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21751 battles
  • [CYLOK]
a good idea since almost everybody have gold crews in garage without using them

Greek Cypriot Squadron. The merge of -CYP- and LOK! You mad bro?

Add Cyprus flag ingame! Keep Calm and Respect small countries!

EE-9 Cascavel Commander 2001-2003 Cypriot National Guard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users