Banana Buster

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MrZombieChicken #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13105 battles

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched the forum, but was unable to find a recent thread regarding the Banana Buster. I wanted a recent opinion of this tank since relying on old info doesn't take into consideration tank nerfs and power creeps. 

So this tank is on sale for 50% this week. I normally don't pay too much attention to Mercenary tanks, however this one intrigues me because it's: 1) A heavy 2) Has preferential match making.

If it's fun to play and has good stats I will probably end up buying it, if nothing else to use it in ops where I need to get tier5+ wins, damage...etc.

So what is everyone's opinion of the tank. Is it worth 3,750 gold?

Also, maybe I am missing something. But what is the point in getting bonus XP on a premium tank other than possibly getting more free xp? Does it affect crew xp any?

Thanks

Edited by MrZombieChicken, 17 October 2019 - 05:48 PM.

Haukkis #2 Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34543 battles
If you like Churchills, you'll probably gonna like Banana Buster too. I love all Churchills and I really like Banana Buster, it's better than Boulder (which is bit too slow). It has good view range, pretty good armor, okay mobility (just barely) and 300 alpha gun which is decent. It's biggest drawback is poor penetration in both regular and premium rounds... if you come across enemy O-Ho, there's nothing you can do againts it. Still, good tank and definitely worth the gold if you need crew trainer for Mercenaries.

MrZombieChicken #3 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:09 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13105 battles

Thanks. Just bought it.

Also a quick question. Is there a way to remove a crew without dismissing them or assigning them to a different tank. I'd like to use Banana Buster to train my Absolution crew, but I would rather not dismiss any of my Mercenary crews just to be able to move crews around. 

Haukkis #4 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34543 battles

View PostMrZombieChicken, on 18 October 2019 - 02:09 AM, said:

Thanks. Just bought it.

Also a quick question. Is there a way to remove a crew without dismissing them or assigning them to a different tank. I'd like to use Banana Buster to train my Absolution crew, but I would rather not dismiss any of my Mercenary crews just to be able to move crews around. 

Yes, just put your Absolution crew into you Banana Buster, it sends your Banana Buster crew in barracks, it does not disappear into oblivion or anything :)

MrZombieChicken #5 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:37 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13105 battles

View PostHaukkis, on 18 October 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

Yes, just put your Absolution crew into you Banana Buster, it sends your Banana Buster crew in barracks, it does not disappear into oblivion or anything :)

You'd think that after playing the game for years, I'd know something this simple. Truth is that I pretty much have 1 crew for each nation and I move them between vacant tanks. Thanks for the info. :confused:

Since I have your attention. If I move one crew that already has 100% mastery for one tank to another tank, then I move them back again to their original tank, do they start again at 0%? Or do they retain their mastery for any tank they had mastered before? I only move my crews to premium tanks because I am afraid that they'd lose their mastery for the non-premium tank I am currently playing.

Haukkis #6 Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34543 battles

View PostMrZombieChicken, on 18 October 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

You'd think that after playing the game for years, I'd know something this simple. Truth is that I pretty much have 1 crew for each nation and I move them between vacant tanks. Thanks for the info. :confused:

Since I have your attention. If I move one crew that already has 100% mastery for one tank to another tank, then I move them back again to their original tank, do they start again at 0%? Or do they retain their mastery for any tank they had mastered before? I only move my crews to premium tanks because I am afraid that they'd lose their mastery for the non-premium tank I am currently playing.

U cannot move crews freely between regular tanks, let's say if you want to move IS-7 crew into KV-3 you have to pay silver and your crew mastery drop down to 75% where you have to earn around 25k crew xp to reach 100%. However, you can move move crews freely between regular and premium tanks and of course between premium and premium tanks. You can put your IS-7 crew into Churchill 3 freely, without any penalty and move it back to your IS-7 or some other premium tank without silver or any penalty. Hope that helps.

Haukkis #7 Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34543 battles

View PostMrZombieChicken, on 18 October 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

I'm assuming that you're using silver (75% crew) whenever you want to move your crew into new tank. There is also free option but it drops your crew training to 50% and then there's 100% crew option but it costs gold so most players, like me never use those two options. 75% silver option is the best, silver is easy to earn.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users