Artillery and map selection enhancement

artillery maps

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Should artillery be restricted to certain maps? (18 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should artillery be restricted to certain maps?

1. Yes (7 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. No (11 votes [61.11%])

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

Vote Hide poll

Potato QQ #21 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22605 battles

View PostALF EXTREME, on 24 October 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

how about you play an actual tank and not camp in the back.

Would be easier to Git Gud and Arty won't be a problem. 

PapaG9CY #22 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22075 battles
  • [CYLOK]
Of course no.

The only thing they have to do is max 2 arty each side are more than enough!

Greek Cypriot Squadron. The merge of -CYP- and LOK! You mad bro?

Add Cyprus flag ingame! Keep Calm and Respect small countries!

EE-9 Cascavel Commander 2001-2003 Cypriot National Guard.

Capn Ratchet45 #23 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22240 battles

View PostRed Dough Boy, on 22 October 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

1 time out of 10 does this happen, the other 9 times on Ensk arty is one of the first to die because most of them at high tier can't move fast enough. By balance you mean handicapping teams and players, which if people care about stats in the slightest having to play arty in a city map is just killing stats. True balance of arty would be following PC and cutting their damage but giving slightly better rate of fire to compensate. One shot from across the map, shame on arty. Three shot from across map, shame on the person for not moving. Doing that and having arty not see the claustrophobic city maps would be the best solution. 

Gif is also Conqueror Gun Carriage doing CGC things. :D

With a range of 1000 meters it's basically built for shorter ranges anyway. 

not sure how it handicaps the team when they both have arty that are not killing it on the city map.

balance is when both teams are equal.  that's all I ask for. give me similar tanks on both teams and I'm a happy player. (which I'm not tbc lol)

A better solution would be a vote prematch. Like COD does.. You get a choice of two maps. 30 sec. vote.

Let the teams vote and you pick the map that ends up suiting the majority of intrests, most of the time.

I played arty when I was new. Lots of it. That's probably why I dont get hit by it often anymore. I understand it. I haven't played one in a couple of years.

Its frustrating to be taken out by one shot. It happens. But its also RARE. Gets old hearing about one shots. They just don't happen as often as people claim. 

Anyone playing high tier tds can shut up about arty too. Youre just as bad lol

I also expect nobody to feel sorry for arty. I dont! Restrict it to two per side, and leave it as is. No new arty. No ops requiring arty. No encouraging its use.

Just balance the teams by class. Same number of each per side, is the closest balance you can ask for. That's where WG screws up balance.

5 russian hvys, vs my m4 ravioli, and some other junk tier 8 meds, and a soft td make up my top 5? Guess how that ends lol

Also tagged with artillery, maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users