Platoon matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

jonesofcolorado #21 Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12293 battles

View PostSpandexRockstar, on 28 October 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

If your failing to take advantage of being in a platoon, then you are letting your team down because you're being weighted against other platoons who may be using it as intended. If you just chat (nowt wrong with that btw), why bother platooning just use party chat? (assuming PS4 here). With match making, you're already on the back foot if you don't a platoon to your advantage.

We party chat, but we want to play the game together. We want to play the same game, but it's not like we all stick together and all attack the same tank. Seems like we usually branch of in 2's or 2's and 3's. 

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #22 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postjonesofcolorado, on 26 October 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Your assuming platoons actually play together and coordinate attacks ha ha. We just do it to chat. I don't think a platoon gives much advantage, and no advantage or fun being - 2 every time.

Ideally it surely does. And there are quite a few of our better players who platoon together which makes them more lethal. I'm not talking about the randos who just do it for the lols but people who actively use it to make a more effective offensive line

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

FlamMabel #23 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26310 battles
  • [SIX]

We were in a 3 man platoon last night, and we were the only platoon in the whole game. Enemy team was all 9, a few 8's, and one lone T29. Our team 9's, a few 8's, us, plus 2 more 7's.  Go figure. :sceptic:

I managed to stay alive and finish 3rd among a sea of 9's in my Comet, and we won, but we really shouldn't have been in there in the first place. Fortunately there was no arty, so I could be more cautious and take pot shots and distract at opportune moments without being worried about being dumped on in an already challenging game.

Cobravert #24 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View Postjonesofcolorado, on 24 October 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Are platoons punished? Last night my friends and I played a few hours in a platoon. I don't think we played 1 game where we were top tier. They were mostly like this:

FACT:

Only green team platoons are punished.

Also tagged with Platoon, matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users