Disable grass in sniper view

annoying grass MaxChaos24 RAIBot01

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Mythic7oad #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:06 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12589 battles

Wargaming, please consider giving us an option to disable grass, and any other frivolous, non-physical graphical objects that don't actually provide any camouflage value. Yes, the environments are beautiful, the grass blowing in the wind looks cool, but gameplay is more important (Anyone who prefers pretty graphics could simply leave the option unchecked).

It is incredibly frustrating trying to peek a ridge and having your entire screen filled with blades of grass that are taller than a tank for some reason, and having to overextend just to see what you're trying to shoot at. This isn't a problem on the 360, which means not only is it easier to play on an outdated console, but 360 players also have a distinct advantage over the Xbox one.

I know that the grass becomes transparent when you aim at an enemy tank, but the problem is that it only goes transparent around that one tank. Anything else, whether it's terrain, a dead tank, or another enemy, is IMPOSSIBLE to see.  This shouldn't be too difficult to implement since the ability to turn grass transparent already exists. If we can't completely disable it, just make all the grass on your screen go transparent anytime you're in sniper view.

Thanks for reading, and I would greatly appreciate a wargaming official to chime in on whether or not something like this is plausible.

Edited by Mythic7oad, 30 October 2019 - 04:22 PM.

TMiiTS

MiikwanXxXiis #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22506 battles
I second the motion. Motion passes.

USSWISCONSIN94 #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12185 battles
  • [47R]
Horse, Cow, Donkey, Llama, Elephant are all dead so doubt after this long much will be changed. and yes do wish WG would give us the option for this as well

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

Sammael85 #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25570 battles
  • [FAC]
Meanwhile, in the 360 Master Race Headquarters... 

XLilabnerX #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 63852 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostMythic7oad, on 28 October 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Wargaming, please consider giving us an option to disable grass, and any other frivolous, non-physical graphical objects that don't actually provide any camouflage value. Yes, the environments are beautiful, the grass blowing in the wind looks cool, but gameplay is more important (Anyone who prefers pretty graphics could simply leave the option unchecked).

It is incredibly frustrating trying to peek a ridge and having your entire screen filled with blades of grass that are taller than a tank for some reason, and having to overextend just to see what you're trying to shoot at. This isn't a problem on the 360, which means not only is it easier to play on an outdated console, but 360 players also have a distinct advantage over the Xbox one.

I know that the grass becomes transparent when you aim at an enemy tank, but the problem is that it only goes transparent around that one tank. Anything else, whether it's terrain, a dead tank, or another enemy, is IMPOSSIBLE to see.  This shouldn't be too difficult to implement since the ability to turn grass transparent already exists. If we can't completely disable it, just make all the grass on your screen go transparent anytime you're in sniper view.

Thanks for reading, and I would greatly appreciate a wargaming official to chime in on whether or not something like this is plausible.

Wait you have to include The Weed otherwise the developers dillusions of grandure will put them back in touch with ambition.

So please harvest the weed.

John-berg1995 #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12659 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostMythic7oad, on 28 October 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Advantage??..yeah I'm calling [edited]on that lol when an enemy is spotted you can see their outline. you can clearly see the outline at all times. I don't understand why this is even a problem.

M4ntiX #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29996 battles
  • [JOCO]

360 users reading this thread be like:

Grass? Haha! What grass, scrub? :D

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Hinsir #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19408 battles

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 28 October 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Advantage??..yeah I'm calling [edited]on that lol when an enemy is spotted you can see their outline. you can clearly see the outline at all times. I don't understand why this is even a problem.

Have you ever done an A/B between 360 and XbOne? If not, I strongly suggest you do. If you haven't then please reconsider having an opinion on the matter until you have. I regularly play my old 360 (it's been relegated to vacation home) and the difference is not only noticeable but outright game-changing. We're not talking whether or not the outline is visible. We're talking "red outline through moving grass" vs. "straight line of sight with clear view of red tank". The grass on XbOne forces you to expose more of your tank than you need to on the 360. The grass on Bone impairs your vision, whereas on 360 you have unobstructed line of sight. My wn8 and w/r both took serious dives when i upgraded to the One. It is a very palpable and directly demonstrable difference.

Edit: Also, it is much easier to know whether your barrel is above or below the ridgeline on 360. All you have to go by on the XbOne is the much-debated outline. On 360 you get the outline, of course, but you also get to see the tank you're looking at. This is especially useful when there are multiple tanks in you reticle - you can actually distinguish the other tanks, and not have the outline o fsome other tanks suddenly overlapping the one of the tank you're aiming at like it happens on the Bone.

Edit 2 (because I always have to click 'Submit' before I come up with another point): To make the best comparison, let's first divide ridgelines into two different types. "Grassy" (think Steppes or Westfield) and "Bare" (like desert and winter maps, or stones and rubble).

On bare ridgelines, the views when you poke over are very similar. You get line of sight, and whatever is in that line of sight is viewable by you. You kan see the enemy tank popping into view, even if you're not aiming at it and the ouline is grey. Simple.

The similarity end, however, when you pop over a grassy ridge. One X1 you can have a very hard time seeing the enemy tank, let alone determine the way it is moving, because the wavy grass obscures its outline and blurs its movement. On 360 the grass simply isn't there, making the view more or less exactly the same as if you were poking over a bare ridge. That is a significant advantage to the 360 player. 

Blackbird Syndicate
The only BS worth listening to

#BlackbirdPropaganda

Allegheny64 #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 53856 battles

This issue was brought to WG's attention about two years ago ... many times.  

Calls to remove the grass have gone unanswered.  

'An what I do on yer' grave won't pass for flowers

M4ntiX #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29996 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAllegheny64, on 28 October 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

So did the calls to remove 360 support. :P

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Potato QQ #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22603 battles

View PostAllegheny64, on 28 October 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

This issues was brought up when WOT launched on Xbox One. That was 2015.

JelliedPenny08 #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16235 battles

View PostSammael85, on 28 October 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

Meanwhile, in the 360 Master Race Headquarters... 

I'm on 360. Please do this WG! Let me upgrade if I want to. 

I truly think that if there was a setting to remove the superfluous and unnecessary graphics on the xbone that more 360 users would be happy about upgrading. We've been asking nicely for it since the xbone launch. I honestly struggle to play on the xbone because of the graphics and have just retained my 360 instead. It would be really nice to take advantage of party chat and all the other options that now seem to be xbone only. Platooning on a 360 just gets more awkward as time goes on. 

JelliedPenny08 #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16235 battles

View PostPotato QQ, on 28 October 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

This issues was brought up when WOT launched on Xbox One. That was 2015.

4 years of mow the grass threads... wow...

Pit Friend #14 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33535 battles
  • [PTATO]
It still amuses me that the grass in the game is so high you can see it in the sights of tanks up to 10 feet off the ground. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

LacqueredBacon #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35343 battles
This would be very nice.

Sammael85 #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25570 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostPit Friend, on 28 October 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

It still amuses me that the grass in the game is so high you can see it in the sights of tanks up to 10 feet off the ground. 

And, to add salt to the injury, fireflies bigger than some helicopters, scorpions that could jam the threads of your tank, shadowy people taller than streetlights running on certain merc map with a zeppelin...

There's so many things out of tune on this game, geez.

xKingTidusx #17 Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11313 battles

+1 I had an awkward situation last day where I had to expose to much of my tank because I couldn't see sh*t!

Why isn't there an option to turn it off or on? 

So simple, but we still don't have it, I really don't understand why there isn't such an important option.

Hinsir #18 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19408 battles

View PostxKingTidusx, on 28 October 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

+1 I had an awkward situation last day where I had to expose to much of my tank because I couldn't see sh*t!

So simple, but we still don't have it, I really don't understand why there isn't such an important option.

I wonder how many would turn it on if it was an option on the 360.....

Blackbird Syndicate
The only BS worth listening to

#BlackbirdPropaganda

RELIC x #19 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26874 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 28 October 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

I'm on 360. Please do this WG! Let me upgrade if I want to. 

I truly think that if there was a setting to remove the superfluous and unnecessary graphics on the xbone that more 360 users would be happy about upgrading. We've been asking nicely for it since the xbone launch. I honestly struggle to play on the xbone because of the graphics and have just retained my 360 instead. It would be really nice to take advantage of party chat and all the other options that now seem to be xbone only. Platooning on a 360 just gets more awkward as time goes on. 

So much this.  I find it so bad that I won't play WOT on the One even if the 360 craps out.

XLilabnerX #20 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 63852 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostxKingTidusx, on 28 October 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

Iam sorry but it is my opinion the WG console developers hide from their customers in the Grass, my proof is the small billow of smoke you see and their lack of ambition

Also tagged with annoying, grass, MaxChaos24, RAIBot01

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users