Italian Auto-Reloaders Buff

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

AshFlex3m #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:09 AM

Private

• Players
  • 31534 battles
  • [FK45]
I think it’s high time we talked about how excruciatingly bad the Italian auto-reloading tanks are. Have you noticed that nobody who knows better plays them? It’s because the reload times are absolutely gargantuan! These tanks have been through multiple updates nice they were released and nothing has been done to improve them. If you were to calculate their highest possible dpm using their “fastest” reload times you be met with an excruciatingly low number. For example: The tier X Progetto 65 takes 12.6 seconds base for its “fastest” reload for a shell that only does 360 dmg on average. The IS4 shoots faster than that. The tier 9 Standard B takes a whopping 15.7 sec. base for its “fastest” reload. It takes longer to load just 3 shells than an AMX 50 100 takes to load 6 shells. Not to mention it’s very slow intraclip reload time on top of that. And the tier 8s (tech tree and premium) require 10.6 sec base for their “fastest” reloads. These tanks WOULD require skill and mastery to use properly sure but the ridiculously long reload times make them virtually unplayable. Even the pc version of these tanks have noticeably lower dpm than other medium tanks of the same tier wielding the same caliber of guns. There is absolutely no reason these tanks should be nerfed to this degree on console. They should have the exact same stats as the PC.

DwarfOnDrugs #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31759 battles
  • [-UNL-]

Quite simply WG don’t think about the reasons behind stats. They just balance based on stats.

That is the reason the E-50 was nerfed even though it was considered a weak tank.

Same with the AMX 30

AnonymousHobo69 #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40308 battles
  • [-L7-]
They have too high a survival rate from chai sniping to compensate for their dpm and engine nerfs, nerf incoming to balance that out.

John-berg1995 #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12659 battles
  • [CIA]
I agree, they need to be buffed. they nerfed them way to hard. Along with k-91

swindle 321 #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:43 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38865 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

It is a shame that these tanks were ruined before they were brought over, they actually look good on PC. They were way too heavy handed with the nerfs, 27% worse rate of fire to it's PC counter part is atrocious. It completely put me off the line, I won the Ariete on Twitter and so far that's the only Italian tank that I've bothered with. You would think that they'd want people to be hyped about new tanks coming over, the only thing most of us are hoping these days is that the new tanks they bring over aren't ruined before they get here.

It takes longer to fully load the tier 10 than it does to fully load a Waffle, just let that sink in for a minute.

Edited by swindle 321, 28 October 2019 - 08:45 AM.

YouTube

KD9WjLi.jpg

MaxAmmo10562 #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30173 battles
  • [239G]
I was really looking forward to grinding that line when it was announced they were coming, but was heartbreakingly disappointed after finding out how badly they were nerfed. For shame WG...:( 

Vampire_Izumi #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27531 battles
  • [LEONI]

when i play my progetto 65, i only really play it like a poor autoloading support tank.

autoloader playstyle has a clip potential 1,440. but a base reload of 64 seconds for FOUR rounds! this is beyond awful compared to other autoloaders.

WT Auf E-100 takes 50-60 seconds to load 4-6 shots that has a clip potential of 3,000-3360 damage.

T57 Heavy takes 25 seconds to load 4 rounds that has a clip potential of 1,600 damage.

Batchat 25T takes 44 seconds to load 5 rounds that has a clip potential of 1,950 damage.

this does not put into account the awful 2.50s intraclip reload.

if you play it like a single shot tank, almost all tanks at tier 10 EASILY out DPM it.

and if you use all 4 rounds in your clip, have fun waiting 60ish seconds to go back to that amazing 13s  single shot reload for a gun that does 360 damage a shot.

ofcourse with a gun rammer, vents and a good crew you could lower the reload to like 10-11 seconds..

the Italian line needs a buff! the tier 9 and 10 are awful in single shot, autoloading and both combined!

Please unnerf/buff the line please WG!

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 28 October 2019 - 09:06 AM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

animatethant #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 81772 battles
I like them but yeah, would love a reload buff.

vVMr GoodCatVv #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29202 battles
They wont buff them. This company are bad at their supposed job.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

Tempest fox3 #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:33 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21023 battles
  • [JOCO]

I've played the Standard B quite a bit. I actually like the tank, far more than any of the others in the line.

I would agree the DPM is far too low. You'll be firing in single shot mode non-stop burst a few tanks out of the game to secure some kills and you'll look at the damage counter and you'll be lucky if it reads 4k.

A lot of battles are just over too quickly. Before the Italian autoreloaders are able to have any impact on the match.

In the long games they can really shine, especially when things get low on health and can be clipped out. They do have the advantage in terms of gun handling soft stats compared to other autoloaders. But In short games it'll be over to quickly for them to do anything. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

HollowPoint_808 #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 20143 battles
  • [PATS]
Done with grind but haven't purchased it , some say it ok, clearly this post tells us otherwise.  The fact is something has to be done with it reload times.  
                                                                                        PS4 

KanderisBAE #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29925 battles
i refuse to even play that line because of the bad press it gets so another tech tree line thats not even worth bothering with (jap heavy line , german meduim e50 line  after nerf ) come on wg whats the point ?

F1DrivingZombie #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11557 battles
  • [UNKWN]
I’ve been pushing for these buffs ever since the day they were released, they’re not gonna get buffed because WG simply looks at the win ratio and says it’s ok

Just An0maly #14 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 31214 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Postswindle 321, on 28 October 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

It is a shame that these tanks were ruined before they were brought over, they actually look good on PC. They were way too heavy handed with the nerfs, 27% worse rate of fire to it's PC counter part is atrocious. It completely put me off the line, I won the Ariete on Twitter and so far that's the only Italian tank that I've bothered with. You would think that they'd want people to be hyped about new tanks coming over, the only thing most of us are hoping these days is that the new tanks they bring over aren't ruined before they get here.

It takes longer to fully load the tier 10 than it does to fully load a Waffle, just let that sink in for a minute.

Just because it bears repeating ...

Vampire_Izumi #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27531 battles
  • [LEONI]
i guess the only way to make them buff it is to do poorly in it soo much that it drags it's stats down

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

Just An0maly #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

First lieutenant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 31214 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
The Italian line may be the classic example of frustration and unmet expectations, in my view, for the player base.

The line was highly anticipated -- the introduction of a new mechanic, new tanks, and a new line -- and players old and new were keen to experience them. Many of my clan mates and friends were dusting off their credit cards and waiting anxiously. 

As the release drew closer, many went and watched reviews and gameplay vids of the line from PC to better learn the mechanic and to begin to understand the potential of the line. To say it was highly anticipated is an understatement.

And then it released.

You could almost hear the community deflate -- it sounded like a combination of a scream and fart, for those who couldn't quite pick up on the frequency.

Disappointment had found a home.

Every review panned the DPM nerfs, and every review more or less said that as much potential as the line had it simply wasn't worth the effort; it wasn't competitive and you'd end up being disappointed. Save your time, save your money, and save your sanity.

The diplomatic amongst us assured the community that it was better to have things nerfed upon release (than it be OP, shivers shivers) because it allowed it to be buffed later. Snickers and deep gut laughs followed, but not buffs.

And here we are. The community still believes they are non-competitive, not fun, not worth the grind, and generally, a picture perfect example of the gulf between WOTC and its player base; seeing the same object in completely different terms, unable to agree on what they are even looking at.

And yes, it is sad. One would like to think that all the development time and marketing hype could have been transitioned to making the community happy, and that the excitement might have morphed into higher player population and a return of some players. But, unfortunately, that did not happen.

Can WOTC buff the line, and resurrect that hype and excitement? Sure. That said, it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Still, I applaud the OP. For many, the Italian line was the straw that broke the camel's back and that it continues to serve as a symbolic irritant to the community - that it hasn't been buffed and remedied - is vexing.

marinefish666 #17 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41627 battles

Just get rid of the shell reloading penalty.

The wait after the last shell of a clip is ridiculous.

Make every shell the same time to reload.

The DPM does will rise because of this and it will also fix the biggest complaint.

While we are on tanks with clip.

If you have one premium shell left in a 3 shot clip let the game put in 1 premium and 2 regular shells.

There is no reason a 1 shot clip would happen in the real world.

Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

steelheadclan #18 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15567 battles
  • [REAL]
That’s a stupidly long reload for the damage potential. 
how does WGC expect it to be competitive or desirable?

ItsRobbyRhino #19 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26988 battles

View PostJust An0maly, on 28 October 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

The Italian line may be the classic example of frustration and unmet expectations, in my view, for the player base.

The line was highly anticipated -- the introduction of a new mechanic, new tanks, and a new line -- and players old and new were keen to experience them. Many of my clan mates and friends were dusting off their credit cards and waiting anxiously. 

As the release drew closer, many went and watched reviews and gameplay vids of the line from PC to better learn the mechanic and to begin to understand the potential of the line. To say it was highly anticipated is an understatement.

And then it released.

You could almost hear the community deflate -- it sounded like a combination of a scream and fart, for those who couldn't quite pick up on the frequency.

Every review panned the DPM nerfs, and every review more or less said that as much potential as the line had it simply wasn't worth the effort; it wasn't competitive and you'd end up being disappointed. Save your time, save your money, and save your sanity.

The diplomatic amongst us assured the community that it was better to have things nerfed upon release (than it be OP, shivers shivers) because it allowed it to be buffed later. Snickers and deep gut laughs followed, but not buffs.

And here we are. The community still believes they are non-competitive, not fun, not worth the grind, and generally, a picture perfect example of the gulf between WOTC and its player base; seeing the same object in completely different terms, unable to agree on what they are even looking at.

And yes, it is sad. One would like to think that all the development time and marketing hype could have been transitioned to making the community happy, and that the excitement might have morphed into higher player population and a return of some players. But, unfortunately, that did not happen.

Can WOTC buff the line, and resurrect that hype and excitement? Sure. That said, it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Still, I applaud the OP. For many, the Italian line was the straw that broke the camel's back and that it continues to serve as a symbolic irritant to the community - that it hasn't been buffed and remedied - is vexing.

Completely agree.

I have no motivation to play the line. Hardly anyone plays them and the people that do are usually better players who skew the statistics of the vehicles. 27% nerf to DPM is absolutely ridiculous. I know we are not PC but not everything that comes over from PC has to be changed so much just to be different.

Haukkis #20 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34518 battles

View PostJust An0maly, on 28 October 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

And then it released.

This. You summed it up perfectly.

Also tagged with Italian, Auto-Reloaders, Buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users