Jump to content


VRR over HDMI FreeSync Variable Refresh Rate

vrr variable refresh rate freesync g-sync HMDI vrr over hdmi xbox xbox one x hdmi 2.1

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SprungNickel427 #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33966 battles
  • 860
  • [UMFF5]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2015

I spoiled myself with a 65" LG OLED C9 TV. Game looks amazing HDR 4K etc. It offers Variable Refresh Rate or VRR over HDMI as part of the HDMI 2.1 standard and currently VRR is available on Xbox One S and X.

 

Buttery Smooth, no stutter, or screen tearing at 4K 40-60FPS range is offered. At 1440p 40-120fps is offered. Enabled in Display & Sound, Video Output, if you have the capability.

 

BUT, the game developer needs to uncap their game to offer the benefits of VRR for buttery smooth gaming. PC offers this option but I believe Xbox is locked at either 30 or 60fps at 4K, leaning towards 30 in WoT Console. 

 

Please make your game certified for VRR Variable Refresh Rate so we lucky owners of VRR over HDMI, Freesync over HDMI Monitor users, can benefit.

 



John Arrowsmith #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 79224 battles
  • 16,176
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Isn't  the game locked at 30fps to stop an advantage for newer consoles?    I'm not sure why last gen has the advantage of knowing which bushes are real or not though,  seems like an advantage to me.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


TocFanKe4 #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21080 battles
  • 24,500
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 28 October 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Isn't  the game locked at 30fps to stop an advantage for newer consoles?    I'm not sure why last gen has the advantage of knowing which bushes are real or not though,  seems like an advantage to me.

 

I think this is what they said.  It's capped at 30 so the older consoles won't be at a disadvantage.  Not sure if they actually said that, though.

 

PC has no such cap.  You play on an old piece of crap system, you have to play with lower settings.  Should be that way on console.  New systems should get better frame rates.  360 players get catered to so much on this game.  It makes me think PAINGOD only plays on 360. 


 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


John Arrowsmith #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 79224 battles
  • 16,176
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 October 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

I think this is what they said.  It's capped at 30 so the older consoles won't be at a disadvantage.  Not sure if they actually said that, though.

 

PC has no such cap.  You play on an old piece of crap system, you have to play with lower settings.  Should be that way on console.  New systems should get better frame rates.  360 players get catered to so much on this game.  It makes me think PAINGOD only plays on 360. 

 

:teethhappy:

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


Potato QQ #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22616 battles
  • 4,862
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 October 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

 

I think this is what they said.  It's capped at 30 so the older consoles won't be at a disadvantage.  Not sure if they actually said that, though.

 

PC has no such cap.  You play on an old piece of crap system, you have to play with lower settings.  Should be that way on console.  New systems should get better frame rates.  360 players get catered to so much on this game.  It makes me think PAINGOD only plays on 360. 

 

This ^^^

 

 



IBROX 04 #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20549 battles
  • 9,447
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014
OP, you seem to know what you're doing, so can I ask a question? It's about HDMi Arc. I have a blue Ray player with built-in surround sound and the usual speakers. Tv has HDMi arc. So if i hook both with an HDMi cable I won't need an optical cable? And I should get tanks in surround sound? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

 

 

 


USSWISCONSIN94 #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12185 battles
  • 27,940
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 October 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

 

I think this is what they said.  It's capped at 30 so the older consoles won't be at a disadvantage.  Not sure if they actually said that, though.

 

PC has no such cap.  You play on an old piece of crap system, you have to play with lower settings.  Should be that way on console.  New systems should get better frame rates.  360 players get catered to so much on this game.  It makes me think PAINGOD only plays on 360. 

 

Agree with this.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


scwirpeo #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40810 battles
  • 11,355
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 October 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

I think this is what they said.  It's capped at 30 so the older consoles won't be at a disadvantage.  Not sure if they actually said that, though.

 

PC has no such cap.  You play on an old piece of crap system, you have to play with lower settings.  Should be that way on console.  New systems should get better frame rates.  360 players get catered to so much on this game.  It makes me think PAINGOD only plays on 360. 

 

Pain worked for Sega. Dudes probably scared of anything that makes Sonic look slow.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


TocFanKe4 #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21080 battles
  • 24,500
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postscwirpeo, on 28 October 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

Pain worked for Sega. Dudes probably scared of anything that makes Sonic look slow.

 

I will give him credit for MechAssault.   I loved that game back in OG Xbox days.  I didn't have the ability to play online at the time, but did some really cool local system link games with split screen. 

 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


scwirpeo #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40810 battles
  • 11,355
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 October 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

 

I will give him credit for MechAssault.   I loved that game back in OG Xbox days.  I didn't have the ability to play online at the time, but did some really cool local system link games with split screen. 

 

True. I'm just trying to be a jerk. It's 2019 no positive thing a person does is important anymore only the bad crap, don't you watch the news?

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


TocFanKe4 #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21080 battles
  • 24,500
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postscwirpeo, on 28 October 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

 

True. I'm just trying to be a jerk. It's 2019 no positive thing a person does is important anymore only the bad crap, don't you watch the news?

 

Only when I visit my parents. We have to stop whatever we're doing at 5 and 10 pm to watch the local news. Usually one hurries into the room and yells something about the news being on. 


 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


OldRugger51 #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:08 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20032 battles
  • 731
  • [C-X-L]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSprungNickel427, on 28 October 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

I spoiled myself with a 65" LG OLED C9 TV. Game looks amazing HDR 4K etc. It offers Variable Refresh Rate or VRR over HDMI as part of the HDMI 2.1 standard and currently VRR is available on Xbox One S and X.

 

Buttery Smooth, no stutter, or screen tearing at 4K 40-60FPS range is offered. At 1440p 40-120fps is offered. Enabled in Display & Sound, Video Output, if you have the capability.

 

BUT, the game developer needs to uncap their game to offer the benefits of VRR for buttery smooth gaming. PC offers this option but I believe Xbox is locked at either 30 or 60fps at 4K, leaning towards 30 in WoT Console. 

 

Please make your game certified for VRR Variable Refresh Rate so we lucky owners of VRR over HDMI, Freesync over HDMI Monitor users, can benefit.

 

 

I have a similar set up with regards to stats, except for the OLED, as I have the non O previous version 4k. A word of caution....

 

I had a One X where the video died (MS replaced it thankfully) but with the new unit I still get a screen that every 6-8 weeks flashes to a blank screen for a couple seconds, and then that happens more and more frequently. I tested to make sure the TV was ok (using the trusty PS4!), and it was, checking the TV settings and the cords, and then tested my way through all of the video settings on the One X - switching them from one setting to another or on then off - did a couple hard resets and the issue seems to go away. 

 

Not a resolution, as I dunno what I did that resets/fixes it, but as mentioned, the One X has faults with the video. Hopefully yours will be trouble free.


Edited by OldRugger51, 28 October 2019 - 09:11 PM.

“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

Long before The Witcher, Elric of Melnibone, with Stormbringer, was the Blonde of Death!


TocFanKe4 #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21080 battles
  • 24,500
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostOldRugger51, on 28 October 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

 

I have a similar set up with regards to stats, except for the OLED, as I have the non O previous version 4k. A word of caution....

 

I had a One X where the video died (MS replaced it thankfully) but with the new unit I still get a screen that every 6-8 weeks flashes to a blank screen for a couple seconds, and then that happens more and more frequently. I tested to make sure the TV was ok (using the trusty PS4!), and it was, checking the TV settings and the cords, and then tested my way through all of the video settings on the One X - switching them from one setting to another or on then off - did a couple hard resets and the issue seems to go away. 

 

Not a resolution, as I dunno what I did that resets/fixes it, but as mentioned, the One X has faults with the video. Hopefully yours will be trouble free.

 

 

The black screen happens sometimes on my 4k.  I switched HDMI ports on my TV and it mostly went away.  Still happens but much more rare.


 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


IBROX 04 #14 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20549 battles
  • 9,447
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostOldRugger51, on 28 October 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

 

I have a similar set up with regards to stats, except for the OLED, as I have the non O previous version 4k. A word of caution....

 

I had a One X where the video died (MS replaced it thankfully) but with the new unit I still get a screen that every 6-8 weeks flashes to a blank screen for a couple seconds, and then that happens more and more frequently. I tested to make sure the TV was ok (using the trusty PS4!), and it was, checking the TV settings and the cords, and then tested my way through all of the video settings on the One X - switching them from one setting to another or on then off - did a couple hard resets and the issue seems to go away. 

 

Not a resolution, as I dunno what I did that resets/fixes it, but as mentioned, the One X has faults with the video. Hopefully yours will be trouble free.

 

Yeah i get that also. Plus switching between 4k channels on the Virgin media V6 box. Xbone X powered down yesterday after that black screen thing and was only going to view the community feed. Seem to have been an update for when the WOT login video starts and the Xbox one x powers down. Touch wood hair Woods better. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

 

 

 


OldRugger51 #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:28 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20032 battles
  • 731
  • [C-X-L]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 October 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

 

The black screen happens sometimes on my 4k.  I switched HDMI ports on my TV and it mostly went away.  Still happens but much more rare.

 

View PostIBROX 04, on 28 October 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

 

Yeah i get that also. Plus switching between 4k channels on the Virgin media V6 box. Xbone X powered down yesterday after that black screen thing and was only going to view the community feed. Seem to have been an update for when the WOT login video starts and the Xbox one x powers down. Touch wood hair Woods better. 

 

Yep - tested everything on PS4 and switched cables all over the place one the 1X so I looked like a monkey eating spaghetti, but so far this is the only way mine seems to sort itself......almost like a buffer or something fills and has to be cleared.

 

Better this, I guess, that tromping downtown into DC traffic and angrily begging MS store for a replacement again.

 

Ibrox, I know from previous interactions you are Scottish, but how are the English reacting to their win to move to the finals?


Edited by OldRugger51, 28 October 2019 - 09:32 PM.

“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

Long before The Witcher, Elric of Melnibone, with Stormbringer, was the Blonde of Death!


IBROX 04 #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20549 battles
  • 9,447
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostOldRugger51, on 28 October 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

 

Yep - tested everything on PS4 and switched cables all over the place one the 1X so I looked like a monkey eating spaghetti, but so far this is the only way mine seems to sort itself......almost like a buffer or something fills and has to be cleared.

 

Better this, I guess, that tromping downtown into DC traffic and angrily begging MS store for a replacement again.

 

Ibrox, I know from previous interactions you are Scottish, but how are the English reacting to their win to move to the finals?

 

The usual. All over the TV. News, papers . So i avoid the news and papers if England do well. If someone mentions it at work Lol yeah he'll get slagged all day. So I'd like to say congrats to English & good luck for Saturday to community of WoT and then not talk about it. Haha

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

 

 

 


OldRugger51 #17 Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20032 battles
  • 731
  • [C-X-L]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostIBROX 04, on 28 October 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

 

The usual. All over the TV. News, papers . So i avoid the news and papers if England do well. If someone mentions it at work Lol yeah he'll get slagged all day. So I'd like to say congrats to English & good luck for Saturday to community of WoT and then not talk about it. Haha

 

Haha.....over-hyping. We got that as well every Superbowl, but it lasts 2 friggin' weeks here!

 


“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

Long before The Witcher, Elric of Melnibone, with Stormbringer, was the Blonde of Death!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users