No-Artillery Queue

Artillery Que Chemotherapy

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: No-Artillery Que (103 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

If given the option to opt of of games with artillery, would you like to have, and use this feature?

1. Yes (64 votes [62.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.14%

2. No (39 votes [37.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.86%

Vote Hide poll

ThermalStone #21 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33014 battles
  • [80085]
Arty is fine.  Don't play like a moron and you will almost never get crapped on.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

duc888sps #22 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24157 battles

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 30 October 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Not an apt comparison.  Those are tanks using direct fire over sights to knock out other tanks.  They can hide and derp you back to the garage sure but they still need to be on the front line and exposed to return fire to a degree.  You can also directly combat and/or evade those tanks you mention.  Arty is only exposed if some brave light tank YOLOs and runs a terrible gauntlet of fire to get to the red's spawn which can then get the arties on your team involved.  But this is not always likely to happen in the early game unless the map is small or something or the YOLO spotting goes well or the light is willing to kamikaze like that. 

Typically arty is spotted all the way mid game or likelier late game and by then they've had ample opportunity to impact the match in many nasty ways.  They do this by using some sci-fi HD skyview system that reveals things that would never be revealed to arty of that period.  Actually even in present day world-class militaries I am hard to find anything analogous.  The best I can come up with is laser-guided artillery shells like the Russian Krasnopol developed in the 70's that requires scouting infantry.  But that system doesn't use some kind of godlike HD skyview and there are countermeasures available against it.  

Jeez, offended you are, hmmm.  Just a little insight, greens, generally have arty too, generally.

Just saying.

CybeRai5 #23 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3505 battles

View Postduc888sps, on 30 October 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

Jeez, offended you are, hmmm.  Just a little insight, greens, generally have arty too, generally.

Just saying.

Not offended at all man.  And yeah, I am aware.  

vVMr GoodCatVv #24 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29344 battles

View PostThermalStone, on 30 October 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Arty is fine.  Don't play like a moron and you will almost never get crapped on.

nonsense

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

XLilabnerX #25 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 64102 battles
  • [-THT-]

How is this playing like a moron<---- ( I have been banned for less thanks to a certain group)?

https://twitter.com/...8629251/photo/1

duc888sps #26 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24157 battles

View PostlI_Redline_Il, on 30 October 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Not offended at all man.  And yeah, I am aware.  

Sometimes I just wish that people would see arty for what it is.  Without arty this game would be imo pretty dull and lifeless, 2 dimensional.  Flat earth society if you will.

Arty adds that elusive 3rd dimension, sure it's hated because you fear what you can't see, so it follows ...

It's a lateral thing ...

Warthog II #27 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43735 battles
  • [KMD]

So, what am I to do when teammates or opfor gets hit?

There are players out that that would prefer for those other people to not get crapped on.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

XLilabnerX #28 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 64102 battles
  • [-THT-]

View Postduc888sps, on 30 October 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

Sometimes I just wish that people would see arty for what it is.  Without arty this game would be imo pretty dull and lifeless, 2 dimensional.  Flat earth society if you will.

Arty adds that elusive 3rd dimension, sure it's hated because you fear what you can't see, so it follows ...

It's a lateral thing ...

I wish people could reason with logic rather than mental psychology ( Which is a practice because it is all theoritical).

This lack of logic says mines could be used, they are invisible.

This lack of logic completely dismisses skill. Although it could be argued that op meant to equalize skill to a single simple dimension ( Quite a leap tho).

Maps, map terrain, tank, tank abilities, situation variables, equipment, crew level/perks, team play, focus fire, cross fire, ammo variables, .... All of these plus a few more represent dimensions.

SirDerp-a-lot #29 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55887 battles
  • [GER_1]

Yes, let's get rid of arty, Machines, Death Stars of any kind, and ugly Monster tanks.

Oh wait, I cannot choose which kinds of tanks I won't see anymore? I can only pick the tank that you don't like?

duc888sps #30 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24157 battles

View PostXLilabnerX, on 30 October 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

I wish people could reason with logic rather than mental psychology ( Which is a practice because it is all theoritical).

This lack of logic says mines could be used, they are invisible.

This lack of logic completely dismisses skill. Although it could be argued that op meant to equalize skill to a single simple dimension ( Quite a leap tho).

Maps, map terrain, tank, tank abilities, situation variables, equipment, crew level/perks, team play, focus fire, cross fire, ammo variables, .... All of these plus a few more represent dimensions.

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing, the post was based on logic but yes I used a psychological angle to impact the point.  There's no smoke in the game either that arty could hide behind, assuming they had the intelligence to deploy it, or move around the map and stay undetected for as long as possible.  You know, in an unskillful way.  Logically speaking?

De4thSt4lker206 #31 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12065 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostThermalStone, on 30 October 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

on the contrary, you have to play like a moron to NOT get crapped on. (hiding behind a rock all game, camping base, camping 500 meters from the front in heavies, hiding under a bridge, and just generally contributing nothing to the game.)

there are maybe 5 maps where there is significant enough amounts of arty cover to remain combat effective when not in a light tank.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

FBPrime #32 Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 50116 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 30 October 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Yes, let's get rid of arty, Machines, Death Stars of any kind, and ugly Monster tanks.

Oh wait, I cannot choose which kinds of tanks I won't see anymore? I can only pick the tank that you don't like?

It has to do with indirect fire mode.  Everything else can be damaged within line of sight.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

XLilabnerX #33 Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 64102 battles
  • [-THT-]

View Postduc888sps, on 30 October 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing, the post was based on logic but yes I used a psychological angle to impact the point.  There's no smoke in the game either that arty could hide behind, assuming they had the intelligence to deploy it, or move around the map and stay undetected for as long as possible.  You know, in an unskillful way.  Logically speaking?

I will be more clear: 

Your point arty adds a dimension that keeps ' dull ' away. What part of arty does that? Huge damage? Skyview? Long range? Or a combination of them. To me, and I have trained a few, nuances are not being explored, now I grant you rng has ruined many of my beautiful flanking attacks, but when I trained someone who can quote from memory how many bushes they have to bypass to get to a spot, or which of 6 arch openings is best to use and then they succeed tells me they are getting the challenge to tanking. This just one example of skill that takes away dull.

Your point ' a fear of the unknown,'  invisible, I used mines as a counter point purposely because they are not in the game. It is NOT that arty is in the game it is that the lowest skill weapon is given the greatest of advantages. Forcing this ' lazy group' ( <---- hows that for psychology?), to learn skills should have been implemented 4 years ago to find the true arty lover. It is on other threads that I and others have offered solutions, keeping arty in game. This thread after 5 plus years out of exasperation wants liberty for a time without the arty dimension.

THEpotatoskreb #34 Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:22 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13062 battles
  • [BNKR]
Arty-free modes would be great IMO, or arty free weeks. It would improve the dynamism of the gameplay, reduce camping and probably reduce sandwich consumption while gaming, leading to healthier players.  

Be a smarty, don't play arty. If your game is a clunker, visit The Bunker.

TiagoBarriga #35 Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7829 battles
No one likes arty, they are one of the nonesense things ruining the game, the only ones who like arty are the ones who always play arty, normaly they do not have any skill with others tanks so they go for arty. Arty is like camping on esteroids
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

SirDerp-a-lot #36 Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55887 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostFBPrime, on 31 October 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

It has to do with indirect fire mode.  Everything else can be damaged within line of sight.

So what? Everything else will kill you just as dead.

The point is that arty is nothing special, just different.

CybeRai5 #37 Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3505 battles

View Postduc888sps, on 30 October 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

It's a lateral thing ...

Yeah I see what you mean.  That arty creates a sense of anxiety from the threat of sudden death.  But from my pov it's actually anticlimactic.  If I had to choose as the thread asks us to whether to be in a match that gives me a constant feeling of anxiety from the threat of sudden death from above OR dramatic and uninterrupted battles between tanks minus arty.. I'd go with the latter.  But obviously it's personal preference. 

I could buy the Sexton I as a kind of surrender, a 'if you can't beat them join them'.  But I would feel dirty doing so and as a matter of principle I don't.  I've also seen YouTube videos of what the Sexton can do, and it's disgusting. 

Since I personally don't like what arty does to my matches, my reasoning is why should I inflict it on other players?  Especially new players, but really all players.  I am proud to say I have never researched or owned a single arty after about 5000 battles (combined with my 360 account).  

But the thing with discussions like this is that ultimately it's all subjective.  Either you believe it adds good things to the game or it doesn't.  

Although I'm sure that WG will pull some amazing statistic that objectively proves how balanced and not OP arty is, thereby proving how wrong I am to think this way about arty.  

Warthog II #38 Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 43735 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 31 October 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

"nothing special" just "different"

Direct fire vs Indirect fire

Line of sight, view range, render range vs Satellite view

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

FBPrime #39 Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 50116 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 30 October 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Yea you're right.  Silly me what was I thinking.  Maybe the game should be +5/-5 for matchmaking since everything can potentially kill you just as dead.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

SirDerp-a-lot #40 Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55887 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostWarthog II, on 31 October 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

"nothing special" just "different"

Direct fire vs Indirect fire

Line of sight, view range, render range vs Satellite view

No armor on the turret though.

See how much sense it makes if you pick one particular feature and pretend it's the only one that counts?

Did I say that arty was identical to a Machine? What's your point?

Also tagged with Artillery, Que, Chemotherapy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users