Jump to content


World of Tanks - Nintendo Switch Edition

nintendo nintendo switch switch Wot World of Tanks

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zentriefugal #1 Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:06 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 990 battles
  • 76
  • [STOP]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

 

today Nintendo release the sales numbers of the Ninteno Switch and in my opinion, they have overtaken Microsofts XBox One (Microsoft doesn't give any official numbers).

Based on a statement, Darold Higa (Wargaming Senior Game Designer) gave in an interview back in 2017, a Nintendo Switch version of the game should be reconsidered.


 

kind regards
Zentrie



Rotcat #2 Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18846 battles
  • 117
  • [28-TL]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013
:teethhappy:

 

Acta non verba.


matematicalone #3 Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2792 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017
Da fuq? Unknown object overtaking the Xbox One? Quick, call The Avengers!

ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18623 battles
  • 7,442
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Would be cool, but doubtful it would happen. I’d play it on my Switch when I don’t have access to my Xbox. 

Sammael85 #5 Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25545 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015
People wants the discontinuation of Xbox 360 support, yet they want the game on Switch meaning we will have the same drawbacks for much more time. THE IRONY.

 

 


Futarrari #6 Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:55 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13261 battles
  • 1,531
  • [KNOWN]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostATHFjman18, on 31 October 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Would be cool, but doubtful it would happen. I’d play it on my Switch when I don’t have access to my Xbox. 

 

That may not be a problem soon , ive read the alpha testing has been going pretty well for the streaming service . Not to be confused with the next gen streaming service but the one they are currently testing . Where you can stream from your xbox to your android phone and use a xbox controller to play when you are away .

MisSiNg PaRtZ #7 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:14 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 28407 battles
  • 1,495
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
I wonder if Nintendo Switch could support its own , like ps4.

 


Tempest fox3 #8 Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:34 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21023 battles
  • 18,387
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostSammael85, on 31 October 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

People wants the discontinuation of Xbox 360 support, yet they want the game on Switch meaning we will have the same drawbacks for much more time. THE IRONY.

 

The Nintendo switch is a more powerful system than the 360. It's not a high spec system by modern gaming standards but it wouldnt be an anchor to development like the 360 is. 

 

The biggest issue with the 360 hardware that's limiting game development, preventing larger maps and certain features being added is the amount of RAM the 360 has, It only has 512MB which is shared with the GPU. The Switch has 4GB RAM.

 

But of course, you probably didn't know that and just wanted to take a cheap shot at people who argue for the 360 to be separated so that development on the Xbox One/PS4 can continue unimpeded. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

Sammael85 #9 Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:53 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25545 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

View PostTempest fox3, on 04 November 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

 

The Nintendo switch is a more powerful system than the 360. It's not a high spec system by modern gaming standards but it wouldnt be an anchor to development like the 360 is. 

 

The biggest issue with the 360 hardware that's limiting game development, preventing larger maps and certain features being added is the amount of RAM the 360 has, It only has 512MB which is shared with the GPU. The Switch has 4GB RAM.

 

But of course, you probably didn't know that and just wanted to take a cheap shot at people who argue for the 360 to be separated so that development on the Xbox One/PS4 can continue unimpeded. 

 

Sure the RAM is higher than in a 360, never putted it out of question and it would be quite worrying if it wasn't like that (mostly because of some functionalities and multi-task offerings beyond simply running a single game and nothing else). But sure graphical and, specially, processing power on the Switch is way far away on what a Xbone or a PS4 can offer, and more in par with the previous generation like pretty much every Nintendo console has been since the Wii both on pure specs and shown material. Let's not talk about the upcoming "gen" for next year that, despite not being that much, it would make that gap even bigger.

I haven't discarded yet the option of having Switch a stand-alone version for it's own, but i won't see it that pausible considering how WG is still dodging balls at any question for Tanks in Console, yet promising way far of their own already shown potential for Warships Legends (that should give a hint on what will happen next, to 5 years vista)

 

But of course, is way more easy take for granted that a simple phrase can only mean gratuitious foolness while questioning the reasoning of the one posting it and not just a sarcastic dart which has way more implications and reasoning behind it. Mostly omitted because all the implications have been discussed way before and can be used both as arguments and counter-arguments for any of the interested parts.  :popcorn:


 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users