Which Tanks Are Actually No Good When -2?

MM -1/+1 -2/+2

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

M4ntiX #61 Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30047 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 04 November 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

premium round does nto count loool its pay to win, the tank is pure junk, tier 8 its almos unplayable with most tanks

:facepalm:  ... and you're seriously expecting to have a civilized conversation after posting statements like this?

Please, explain it to me. How exactly is premium ammo pay to win? And how is tier 8 unplayable?

* MY TEAM IS ALWAYS MADE BY MONGOL TRISOMIC STYLE PLAY LIKE NO BRAIN! *

* I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here. * For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact. *

* 4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you. * Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens. *

Joco3000 #62 Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:27 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26642 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 04 November 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

premium round does nto count loool its pay to win, the tank is pure junk, tier 8 its almos unplayable with most tanks

I do hope that after 6 and a half thousand battles, and god knows how many on other platforms, you are aware that you can buy premium ammunition with silver, right?

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

TiagoBarriga #63 Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7827 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 04 November 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

:facepalm:  ... and you're seriously expecting to have a civilized conversation after posting statements like this?

Please, explain it to me. How exactly is premium ammo pay to win? And how is tier 8 unplayable?

Because tier 8 plays always against tier 9 and 10 at least for me but then never plays against tier 6 and 7, one shoot from tier 10 is like half the hp of tier 8 is that no enought a reason? premium rounds is pay to win bebause even if oyu use silver, your always running out of silver, the silver is scarce maybe not for you but in a healty game it's supossed that the majority os playerbase do not have all the tanks already, for a normal player you are alwasy grinding soem tank, and they are expensive plus the upgrades. I know what you'll say "well play more time in the same tier before the next" but the truth is players want the next one and there can only be new players if the grind is easier because gaming is notsuposed to be hard work its supossed to be fun 
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

John Arrowsmith #64 Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 79224 battles

Sorry op,  but your thread is doomed.  Such a shame as it was actually an interesting thread.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

STUART SHERMAN #65 Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41012 battles
  • [FLT]
Meanwhile......I think if they go -1/+1 tier IV and below, the “Bot tiers” which wouldn’t be as big a change since tiers I and II only go +1 already. It may also go a long way toward addressing the retention of new players. 
If so then we are only talking about tiers V to VIII, not many Arty, Lights, or TDs. Maybe addressing the tanks that really need it and the way MM is weighted and how Platoons are added should be a priority and might go even further toward that elusive “Balance” we all want.  

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

SaltyMcD #66 Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:29 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 21692 battles
Tier 8 pref tanks are bad at tier 10 . Please stop platooning with non pref 8’s.

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

Vampire_Izumi #67 Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27552 battles
  • [LEONI]

Fv4202 (P)'s armor is awful VS 9s and 10s.

i would actually say The Nameless is awful VS 10s due to no gun depression (making it harder to hit lower plates, side of tanks or just hitting tanks in general) and if tier 10s load premium you are ruined.

skullcap is awful VS 9s due to awful pen on both premium and standard rounds. (144/194/44 pen at tier 7) slapjack has the same issue except that it has somewhat usable armor.

FV201 (A45) is insanely awful vs 8s and 9s due to nonexistent armor and having a poor pen pea shooter. (171/239/38 pen)

Stubbs is useless against most tiers except some tier 5 and 4s. the RoF nerf really ruined this tank.

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 04 November 2019 - 03:40 AM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

steelheadclan #68 Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15586 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostM4ntiX, on 03 November 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

I gave up on that clown.

It's not worth the trouble.

deadman1921 #69 Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:30 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29349 battles
  • [-STO-]
Stubbs lol.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

XT356 #70 Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10556 battles
  • [FOE]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 03 November 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

Sorry op,  but your thread is doomed.  Such a shame as it was actually an interesting thread.

That is hilarious and makes me never want to ride another train again :teethhappy:

Then again, last time I actually rode in a train was almost 20 years ago.

Edited by XT356, 04 November 2019 - 06:08 AM.

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

M4ntiX #71 Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30047 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 04 November 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Because tier 8 plays always against tier 9 and 10 at least for me but then never plays against tier 6 and 7, one shoot from tier 10 is like half the hp of tier 8 is that no enought a reason?

No, it is not. While I appreciate you *feel* tier 8's are always going against tier 10's, that's simply not true. And even if it were, tier 8 would still be the most played tier due to the sheer amount of Premium tanks. What you're seeing is probably caused by the latest Mercenary contracts that saturated tiers 9 and 10, making tier 8 matchmaking less favorable. Tbh, it sounds like you would like to be top tier in your tier 8 and stomp on tier 6 tanks. But weren't you advocating for +/-1 just the other day? Very confusing.

premium rounds is pay to win bebause even if oyu use silver, your always running out of silver, the silver is scarce maybe not for you but in a healty game it's supossed that the majority os playerbase do not have all the tanks already, for a normal player you are alwasy grinding soem tank, and they are expensive plus the upgrades.

"Premium is pay to win because if you use silver you always run out of silver...?" That make sense to you? Two things.

One, WG made it very easy recently to get silver through various ops, events, etc. I often play without Premium time and I still make silver even when I have to fire premium from time to time. So lack of money shouldn't be an issue for any player nowadays.

Two, even spamming prammo you can still make money, you just need to be good at the game and make your shots count. Watch Ghost of Gera, this dude pretty much fires nothing but prammo and still makes a nice profit. Learn from him.

I know what you'll say "well play more time in the same tier before the next" but the truth is players want the next one and there can only be new players if the grind is easier because gaming is notsuposed to be hard work its supossed to be fun

Correct. The game is supposed to be fun, and it is! How do you think it survived for nearly a decade and became one of the most successful free to play titles in the history of computer gaming? Not by being easy, but instead being challenging and with a shallow learning curve. Nobody would get hooked on a game that's easy and doesn't require skill to play. Actually, by definition there will always be an element of challenge because you're playing against other players.

As far as the grind is concerned, again, we never had it better. Complete a montly op and get permanent x2 till the end of said month. Plentiful ops, contracts and events pay out in xp boosts. Use them to shorten the grinds. Be smart about it and use it to your advantage. It is possible to fully upgrade a tier 8 tank in less than 10 battles. There is another thing, the length of the grinds give you time to learn the tank and get good playing it. If you advance too quickly, you will have a bad time. Higher tiers are unforgiving.

Now, back on topic. :)

I don't agree Black Prince is no good when bottom tier. It is challenging for sure, but the rate of fire and ability to side scrape makes it a great perma-tracker. Peek around a corner, track and pin a tier 9 in place and wait for your team to waste it. Also, its premium round is good enough to slice through higher tier tanks. Personally, I didn't mind tier 9 games in this tank.

Besides... It's too slow to get into any real trouble anyways. :P

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/234604-the-black-prince-a-heavy-gem/

* I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here. * For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact. *

* 4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you. * Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens. *

PANDoGGA #72 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36437 battles
  • [BLAK]

(HMH) ISU-130

Useless against Tier X with a maximum penetration of 215mm

Tanks mastered: 403

Tanks 3 marked: 69

M4ntiX #73 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30047 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostPANDoGGA, on 04 November 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

(HMH) ISU-130

Useless against Tier X with a maximum penetration of 215mm

You're right! I actually completely forgot about ISU-130. It was so bad I sold it. Apart from the broken Abomination, It's the only Premium tank I ever sold. Definitely needs a pen buff.

STUART SHERMAN #74 Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41012 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 03 November 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

i would actually say The Nameless is awful VS 10s due to no gun depression (making it harder to hit lower plates, side of tanks or just hitting tanks in general) and if tier 10s load premium you are ruined.

skullcap is awful VS 9s due to awful pen on both premium and standard rounds. (144/194/44 pen at tier 7) slapjack has the same issue except that it has somewhat usable armor.

FV201 (A45) is insanely awful vs 8s and 9s due to nonexistent armor and having a poor pen pea shooter. (171/239/38 pen)

Stubbs is useless against most tiers except some tier 5 and 4s. the RoF nerf really ruined this tank.

Thank you for you honest input. +1

FV4202 P I cannot say about this tank as I’ve never owned one. It has that 20pdr that I personally do not like much. 

I’ve also not had Nameless and probably never will as it is poorly thought of by the community in general. 

Skullcap is another that someone else will have to address, but Slapjack has no issues at -2 IMO. I got it ran a couple rounds then sold it as I don’t keep many Merc. tanks on principle. Their value to me is the silver, and other perks you win while grinding them. 

FV201 (A45) I don’t see an issue with the 17pdr in this tank. 239 pen prammo and an under 5 sec reload sounds pretty good to me. For reference T29’s 105 has 245 pen prammo and a 11.4 sec reload, and I don’t think anyone feels that T29 is no good at -2. As for the armor, Caernarvon hull and Centurian turret sounds workable to me but I don’t have this one either. 

Stubbs? Yeah they could just remove it and I don’t think many would care. 

Premiums and Mercs are optional in the game so using them is at your discretion rather than a necessary grind to get to another tank so not as relevant here. 

Tempest fox3 #75 Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21043 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 04 November 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

FV4202 has an amazing gun, good view range and good mobility. It does fine as bottom tier.

Skullcap does fine, the penetration is average for the mediums in the tier. But it's mobile enough to flank. The tier 7 medium that really suffers when bottom tier is the Jammer, the penetration on that really sucks.

Slapjack has usable Armour? Where? That thing is crap even when top tier. Dunno why they nerfed it so much.

Still haven't played the FV201 despite having had one in my garage for at least 2 years.

The Stubbs is just a turd at all tiers. Most of the tier 4 lights are better than it. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

steelheadclan #76 Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15586 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 03 November 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

I agree. 
I was interested to see others opinions on tanks when bottom tier but then this fine topic got infected with thread clap. 
An acute case of Tiago gonorrhoeae. 

prognosis?

It’s terminal!   

El Materdor43 #77 Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33442 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostTempest fox3, on 04 November 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

FV4202 has an amazing gun, good view range and good mobility. It does fine as bottom tier.

Skullcap does fine, the penetration is average for the mediums in the tier. But it's mobile enough to flank. The tier 7 medium that really suffers when bottom tier is the Jammer, the penetration on that really sucks.

Slapjack has usable Armour? Where? That thing is crap even when top tier. Dunno why they nerfed it so much.

Still haven't played the FV201 despite having had one in my garage for at least 2 years.

The Stubbs is just a turd at all tiers. Most of the tier 4 lights are better than it. 

Agree about the 4202p. It does well when bottom tier and the UFP is sloped in such a way as to induce many bounces. 

Vampire_Izumi #78 Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27552 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostTempest fox3, on 04 November 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

FV4202 (P) is easily penned in the turret and hull, the gun is inferior or on par with  other British premiums at it's tier that have better turret/hull armor. the view range is average and on par with other British mediums.

the RoF is also tied with the Huntsman for worst RoF of tier 8 british tanks with 20 pounders. infact it is the same RoF as the Caernarvon which gets a 32 pounder. imo the Centennial is better than this tank.

(armor is better)

skullcap has penetration on par with tier 6 mediums, the T-43 may have the same gun but it is waaay smaller (Better camo), has better armor and on par mobility, the mobility is good but you are a huge easy to pen target. overall the Panther is just a better tank, give up 45 average damage for a gun with, better RoF, waay better pen, waaay better accuracy and same aim time. the Panther also has WAAY better mobility and armor. (skullcap's turret is awful)

Panther VS Skullcap        RoF: 12.50 VS 10.91    Pen:198/244/38 VS 144/194/44 Accuracy: 0.32 VS 0.37 Aim Time: 2.30s   Top Speed: 55kph VS 58kph Power to Weight: 19.42hpt VS 15.82hpt Turret Armor: 120/60/60 VS 76/25/25

the slapjack's armor is usable, you just need to keep your tank moving. it has the very trollish IS hull that loves to bounce shells, the turret face may be poor but the turret cheeks are great. do not try to play it like a T-29. but maybe this is just me, 

the FV 201 (A45) has nothing going for it, the gun is even inferior to the Black Prince's gun. the Rof is slightly better than the Firefly, .03 better accuracy, has worse aim time by .20 and better gun handling. tbh i have bounced more in my Boilermaker than i have in this tank.

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 04 November 2019 - 03:41 PM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

Panthergraf #79 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 36885 battles
I‘ll throw in the Fortress Ferdinand. Even slower than the TT Ferdi, lower alpha and pen, useless armor, no camo. Seems slaphappy against Tier X.

STUART SHERMAN #80 Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41012 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostPanthergraf, on 04 November 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

I‘ll throw in the Fortress Ferdinand. Even slower than the TT Ferdi, lower alpha and pen, useless armor, no camo. Seems slaphappy against Tier X.

I looked at FF but the numbers you just quoted steered me away especially since I didn’t like the TT version that much. 
So while I’ve never driven one I’d tend to agree with you on this one. Funny how many “Premium” tanks are making the list. 
;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users