FV 305

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

sergeant-slow741 #1 Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24365 battles
Does anyone else that own's this have a hard time getting team win's in it ? I just bought it and have played 19 battles and have only got 6 win's in it. It does have 16 kill's so far and a few of the players on here say don't worry about the win's but just do your best..But loosing that much just takes the fun right out of playing it..Im not good enough to carry my team in it and obviously my team's sucked...Most of those game were blow out one sided battles....HELP.....
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

SirDerp-a-lot #2 Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55831 battles
  • [GER_1]

I have a 52% winrate. Lower than my average, but I don't have 100 games in it yet, and that's my minimum before taking those things seriously.

What's your result in the FV304?

sergeant-slow741 #3 Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24365 battles

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 03 November 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

I have a 52% winrate. Lower than my average, but I don't have 100 games in it yet, and that's my minimum before taking those things seriously.

What's your result in the FV304?

I really like it with the great gun arc and mobility and I guess at 19 battles it's a overkill to ring the panic alarm yet...LOL Thank's for you feedback

Edited by sergeant-slow741, 03 November 2019 - 10:59 AM.

End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

matematicalone #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 2880 battles

Don't worry it's defo not you, all arty is rigged to have under 50% WR.

Spoiler

SPUK4U #5 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11407 battles

I started a pretty much same way with FV305, a lot of losses, I did not mind as I used it as crew trainer and silver maker.  Now, after 395 battles I have WR 48% with it and average damage 1k / battle, 10M more silver and nice arty crews with Snakebite skill that went into CGC.   If you want make difference with that little arty, you need to have a good crew, a light tank or TD crew with camo skillls help a lot and you need to use premium ammo.  That 5mm more pen in premium ammo does not sound much, but it if it comes in angle to 40mm top armor you need all the pen you get to make damage, so use premium ammo if you can't damage tanks with normal HE.  With FV305 trick is that you need to control the fire distance. Optimum distance is when your aiming circle is round, this is where you get best pen, so move back and forward to adjust the distance to the target area.  Focus only one flank at the time, if you want wins you either focus on strong flank to speed it up or weak flank to buy other flak more time. Forget shooting at random tanks between flanks, your gun needs to be shooting all the time  so focus on target rich hot spots in front of green heavy tanks.  Finally, keep your eye on the minimap, if you ire a lot your tracers are easy to see so you get attacked by light tanks or hit by counter battery fire.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

sergeant-slow741 #6 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24365 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 03 November 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

I started a pretty much same way with FV305, a lot of losses, I did not mind as I used it as crew trainer and silver maker.  Now, after 395 battles I have WR 48% with it and average damage 1k / battle, 10M more silver and nice arty crews with Snakebite skill that went into CGC.   If you want make difference with that little arty, you need to have a good crew, a light tank or TD crew with camo skillls help a lot and you need to use premium ammo.  That 5mm more pen in premium ammo does not sound much, but it if it comes in angle to 40mm top armor you need all the pen you get to make damage, so use premium ammo if you can't damage tanks with normal HE.  With FV305 trick is that you need to control the fire distance. Optimum distance is when your aiming circle is round, this is where you get best pen, so move back and forward to adjust the distance to the target area.  Focus only one flank at the time, if you want wins you either focus on strong flank to speed it up or weak flank to buy other flak more time. Forget shooting at random tanks between flanks, your gun needs to be shooting all the time  so focus on target rich hot spots in front of green heavy tanks.  Finally, keep your eye on the minimap, if you ire a lot your tracers are easy to see so you get attacked by light tanks or hit by counter battery fire.

Thank's for the advice...I have a 11 skill crew in it.. I do really like the shoot and scoot ability.:honoring:

Rodimus Prime l #7 Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17111 battles
  • [47R-2]

Took me a while but finally got mine up over 50% a month or so ago.  Then lost 12 in a row.  Right now, Im back up to 47% of 141 battles.  I get quite a bit of fan mail when I play it.  In fact, got the obligatory "reported" message from a T10 a few nights ago.  :D

I don't play much Arty so I assume this is all par for the course.

TheTraskmaster #8 Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7266 battles
i just got back into the game and my FV305 win rate always hovered around 58%.  I don't worry too much about it though, I have a blast playing it.  I enjoy it even more as it's the only tank class I've gotten hate mail for playing.  Drop me in a Tier 8 match and perma-tracking a heavy so it get shot to death when teammates notice it's stuck in the open. Drop me in a tier 6 match and show me a hellcat trying to snipe from behind some rocks and i'm pretty bloody jubilant.  Win or lose playing it gives me joy

PinkishOcean430 #9 Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5444 battles
  • [UMFF5]
I haven't played mine much since I got it in a crate/wasn't looking to get it.... But it has been Sexton dirty for me and @100% wr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users