FV 4005 NERF

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

wake_the_move #21 Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11209 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 13 November 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Right but like I said - 20 vids of me doing my max hesh damage (I go full hesh). Not one of them is above 1800. I've a platoon mate who has played this tank way way more than I do and he's not had a roll above ~1800.

I've never been one shot in a Tier 10 vehicle, including the 4005 itself. I've been put down to double digit health AFTER a fire but still not one-shotted by a 4005.

I know how RNG works, I'm saying it doesn't seem to happen and I've never seen it, in ~42,000 games. I'm sure there's lots of videos on youtube, probably from the PC but of all the console vids I've seen I've not seen high dmg roll where the entire HP pool is deleted.

So you go full HESH, and got the nerf to complain about full HEAT 430U players? Honestly...

But thanks! You‘re the perfect example regarding the „cancer 183‘s“, to use your own words.

Your 20 videos are pretty irrelevant, as is your personal (bad) luck. I often enough saw Deathstars and Sh*tbarns rolling up to 2k damage to know that the description isn‘t wrong. Got even oneshotted myself by a Sh*tbarn in my T9 Conq once...1950HP gone in an instant without ammo rack or engine fire. It can be done and it is done. Maybe not by you, not by your buddy for unknown reason, but (too) often enough out there on live servers. And that‘s what is to deal with.

Edited by wake_the_move, 13 November 2019 - 02:51 PM.

Orbtastic1 #22 Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42152 battles
  • [UK]

Yeah, what's the point in working all the way up to Tier 10 through a completely miserable and mediocre line and having a 183mm gun that can roll ~1800 ish routinely with 275mm of pen and not using it? Who wants to roll 1100 with 310mm of pen? You bet I'm gonna run full hesh on all 12 of my shells.

430u players who spam heat, well that's on them but it's a no skill tank that blaps auto aimed shots out with stupid pen of 340. Much like Machine players who go full heat, no skill whatsoever. The two tanks are completely idiot proof and require no skill to play them.

You could say the same about the 4005 but most players won't get a second shot off nor will they do more than 600 dmg with their first and only shot playing the same way. So yeah, I take full pleasure in smashing machines and 430us in my 4005, in fact I actually go out of my way because they are a cancer on the game and usually driven by complete mouth breathers who autoaim and spam heat.

wake_the_move #23 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11209 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 13 November 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Yeah, what's the point in working all the way up to Tier 10 through a completely miserable and mediocre line and having a 183mm gun that can roll ~1800 ish routinely with 275mm of pen and not using it? Who wants to roll 1100 with 310mm of pen? You bet I'm gonna run full hesh on all 12 of my shells.

430u players who spam heat, well that's on them but it's a no skill tank that blaps auto aimed shots out with stupid pen of 340. Much like Machine players who go full heat, no skill whatsoever. The two tanks are completely idiot proof and require no skill to play them.

You could say the same about the 4005 but most players won't get a second shot off nor will they do more than 600 dmg with their first and only shot playing the same way. So yeah, I take full pleasure in smashing machines and 430us in my 4005, in fact I actually go out of my way because they are a cancer on the game and usually driven by complete mouth breathers who autoaim and spam heat.

Haha, thank you! Indeed, why should you use AP ammo with 1150 alpha with 310mm pen, when there is the no-brainer HESH, which was not adjusted to 230mm pen like on PC/mobile. There players are forced to also use AP, since HESH does not solve all their problems. Further they need a little tactical foresight on when to load which ammo, or that their intuition perk kicks in (2 loaders = 34% chance).

So, to use your own words again :“Deathstar/Shitb*rn player, who spam HESH well that‘s on them, but it‘s a no skill tank that blaps insta-kill shots with stupid pen of 275.“

The 183s are as much of a no-brainer tanks as the ones you are accusing to be. You said it yourself, why go with AP, respectively mixed ammo...you‘ve got the cart before the horse.

On a side note, even a non-penetrating HESH deals significant amount of damage, and afaik they don’t bounce. What does a non-penetrating/bouncing HEAT deal?

Edited by wake_the_move, 13 November 2019 - 03:14 PM.

Orbtastic1 #24 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42152 battles
  • [UK]

Yes and no. The barn is much, much harder to play as it has zero armour, yes and it has a horrible turret and bloom etc.

Meh, can you routinely have 4k games with no effort? No, everyone hates you and will focus you and any mistake will be punished, you can't sit out in the open.

It's my go-to when I'm bored of playing lights or the games/teams are annoying or I've had a string of no skill players spamming 340 pen heat at me in my light tanks. It's fun to play.

Does it need a nerf? Don't think so, no. Wouldn't cry if they nerfed the pen on the hesh, I'd still go full hesh for the memes, it's funny hitting stuff for 1800. The PC buffed it - more ammo etc. Then they nerfed it again, reverse speed etc.

wake_the_move #25 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11209 battles

Again, yes the Sh*tbarn has no armor and camo, but with support and cover that can be compensated pretty well. And no armor means nothing to your adversary, if already got one-shotted by you. And even if not, dealing 1750 damage (+/-25%) for 400/490/750 damage (+25%), is still a bargain.

Of course, that‘s why everyone hates the Sh*tbarn...as much as they fear it. Most people are even to scared to attack it, while it‘s reloading. Seeing it often enough. Hell, a WT auf E100 has a harder time staying alive.

Trust me, if the‘d adjusted the HESH to the 230mm, like it is on PC I predict...

- You won‘t got full HESH anymore

- It would be seen way less on servers, since the no-brainers and 40%ers would quit playing it.

PS.: Who shoots HEAT at light tanks? Any other ammo is suitable yet cheaper. Best is APCR, since it‘s faster.

Edited by wake_the_move, 13 November 2019 - 06:31 PM.

MegaHesh #26 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23361 battles

View PostCol Bastos, on 05 November 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

STOP with this sort of tanks, i play with my new obj 263, and the FV 4005 one shot me !

and, after this 4005 nerf, if my Grille15 one-shots your tank, you will ask to nerf the Grille? :)

WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Orbtastic1 #27 Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42152 battles
  • [UK]

>> PS.: Who shoots HEAT at light tanks? Any other ammo is suitable yet cheaper. Best is APCR, since it‘s faster.

Seriously, you want me to start recording it from now on? The 430u doesn't fire APCR as default, it fires AP.

People will say "oh I had heat loaded for X tank" yeah well I just watched you fire nothing but heat. Same with the majority of machine players, heat spam because well, they don't want to bounce.

The 4005 is a different playstyle, the 430u you can literally sit there and people will bounce because hey, cupolas on a medium tank you cannot pen with 340 heat rounds is a perfectly legitimate reason right? So not only is the armour complete AIDS, they have to double down and spam heat at any tank.

Trust me, I play almost lights exclusively now and every time I see one of these being driven it's nothing but heat. Same with the machine.

Look at the well known youtubers for console, even they are spamming heat in it. The videos are there for all to see.

HighSpyker #28 Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36130 battles
  • [IRN]
Loading HEAT makes more sense on vehicles w/ slower reloads.

wake_the_move #29 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11209 battles

View PostMegaHesh, on 13 November 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

and, after this 4005 nerf, if my Grille15 one-shots your tank, you will ask to nerf the Grille? :)

There is a difference between „getting one-shotted via ammo rack“ and „getting one-shotted via no-skill HESH“.

Ammo-rack kills are no reason to nerf a tank.

View PostOrbtastic1, on 13 November 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

>> PS.: Who shoots HEAT at light tanks? Any other ammo is suitable yet cheaper. Best is APCR, since it‘s faster.

Seriously, you want me to start recording it from now on? The 430u doesn't fire APCR as default, it fires AP.

People will say "oh I had heat loaded for X tank" yeah well I just watched you fire nothing but heat. Same with the majority of machine players, heat spam because well, they don't want to bounce.

The 4005 is a different playstyle, the 430u you can literally sit there and people will bounce because hey, cupolas on a medium tank you cannot pen with 340 heat rounds is a perfectly legitimate reason right? So not only is the armour complete AIDS, they have to double down and spam heat at any tank.

Trust me, I play almost lights exclusively now and every time I see one of these being driven it's nothing but heat. Same with the machine.

Look at the well known youtubers for console, even they are spamming heat in it. The videos are there for all to see.

Please, at least try to read more carefully. I said APCR is the most suitable to kill lights, because of it‘s velocity. Nowhere did I say that the 430U features APCR. Yes, I know it got AP as conventional ammo, and that‘s exactly what I use vs lights, because it‘s sufficient and cheap. The only exception is when I already have a HEAT loaded for a „sturdier target“, and a light suddenly interferes. This should be self-explanatory however.

No, I don‘t trust you, since you ignore the fact that also with a 4005 you can sit somewhere far out of range (on certain maps), while on city maps you win, by just waiting for the right moment to literally „peekaboom“.

The 430U is not the only one with HEAT. Also while being potent it can still fail to penetrate, or even bounce.

Anyway HEAT is meant to take on the bigger guys, so why should people fall back to AP? So they bounce, or not penetrate, losing time during the match? Do you fall back to AP with your 4005? No, because you want to get rid of your target as reliably and quickly as possible. But with the 275mm no-skill HESH this goes a little too fast. 

That ammo needs a nerf, either pen, or alpha.

Edited by wake_the_move, 14 November 2019 - 02:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users