• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

XLilabnerX #21 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 63138 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 08 November 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

im not sure what you mean by 2 points of view?

op started thread as theory but gave just gave one outcome as plausible for shooting circling tank. The first responder brought up " turret rotation" but didn't elaborate. I posted my bewilderment at the opening of a new, and problematic direction using op's response to the vague " turret rotation " issue. Since my post was lumped mistakenly with the one who didn't read the whole theory I responded with a quote mark around the word that wasn't read in my post. I then again posted the ' wonder ' if op was going to adress the part of his theory that in practice a large number of tanks can't do which is to rotate fast enough.

First point of view op's well thought out worded mathmatical theory, 

Second point is to open up room for first responders direction ... Or not!

Edited by XLilabnerX, 08 November 2019 - 04:24 PM.

vVMr GoodCatVv #22 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28872 battles

View PostXLilabnerX, on 08 November 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

op started thread as theory but gave just gave one outcome as plausible for shooting circling tank. The first responder brought up " turret rotation" but didn't elaborate. I posted my bewilderment at the opening of a new, and problematic direction using op's response to the vague " turret rotation " issue. Since my post was lumped mistakenly with the one who didn't read the whole theory I responded with a quote mark around the word that wasn't read in my post. I then again posted the ' wonder ' if op was going to adress the part of his theory that in practice a large number of tanks can't do which is to rotate fast enough.

ahhh I understand now. Sure discuss it with the other posters I just dont think op wants to as thats not relevent to his original post.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

Teffisk #23 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23692 battles
  • [-L7-]
Personally, I feel latency has gotten worse lately and I'm missing more shots/ shooting behind people more than ever.

allhavoc #24 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51047 battles
  • [10SR]

I do try to compensate for lag, but it feels like it is not consistent lag so I can't really get the hang of it.

We need the server reticle, like the PC version has.  It shows where the server thinks your gun is aiming.

[10SR]  

M4ntiX #25 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29445 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postallhavoc, on 08 November 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

I do try to compensate for lag, but it feels like it is not consistent lag so I can't really get the hang of it.

We need the server reticle, like the PC version has.  It shows where the server thinks your gun is aiming.

I agree, been asking for it for years. But I bet there are 360 reasons we won't get it... :(

360 - the 'ole ball and chain...

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

marinefish666 #26 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41359 battles

It is just the lag in the game.

I have had games where my aim ring is on the enemy when I pulled the trigger.

When you watch the replay the turret is trailing the tank.

You just have to shoot in front of the tank and the lag will drop the shell in the right spot.

It sucks but that s how it is.

One thing that helps is gong into zoom mode.

It shows the lag better visually.

Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

OldRugger51 #27 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19969 battles
  • [C-X-L]
So crying when you get circled is not correct.......noted! :great:

“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

Long before The Witcher, Elric of Melnibone, with Stormbringer, was the Blonde of Death!

TiagoBarriga #28 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7039 battles
We need to aim not for the tank but somewhat for where its going, depending on the speed of the target and of your shells, lag is a problem but its not the problem here, lag affect all your game, not just part of it, not just your shells, now i would also say that light tanks are doing creazy things that are not supossed to occour in real war
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Joco3000 #29 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26534 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostWarthog II, on 08 November 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

It's never truly center mass on a moving target though

Maybe if there's some sort of latency that could explain why that's even more so?

When using autolock, it targets the part of the tank where the part that is controlled by aiming links up with the rest of the tank. 

This is usually the turret ring, but on certain vehicles this can simply just be the gun.

This is part of the reason why autolock doesn't work on a circling light tank, and is very much the reason why it doesn't work on the UDES 03 and the rest of its line (as their gun links up to the hull at the very back of the tank).

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

M4ntiX #30 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29445 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

We need to aim not for the tank but somewhat for where its going, depending on the speed of the target and of your shells, lag is a problem but its not the problem here, lag affect all your game, not just part of it, not just your shells, now i would also say that light tanks are doing creazy things that are not supossed to occour in real war

Thanks, I was hoping someone would come along and put what I said in layman's terms.

Not sure how you managed since you clearly didn't get it yourself, but I appreciate it. :)

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

HollowPoint_808 #31 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19994 battles
  • [PATS]

Interesting post 

I've had some luck hitting by placing shot ahead of target, doesn't hit every single time but enough. 

PS4 

ElderTigerJedi #32 Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21317 battles
  • [1CAB]

I cant hit some tanks circling me from 5 meters away, shot just goes into the dirt 

could be user error though 

De4thSt4lker206 #33 Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11993 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 08 November 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I still use RB/RT to fight light tanks.  I just wait for them to turn so that I get a shot on them coming towards or away from me before I fire.  I also use manual, but RB/RT works if you can wait till the right moment to fire. 

true, but "every shot you don't fire is a miss"  i personally use auto-lock to get the target and then manually compensate about half a tank ahead.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

MaximusBoonie #34 Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 64161 battles
I just close my eyes and blindfire. Works better than these thumbs trying to figure out what the brain is telling them.

TocFanKe4 #35 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21000 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 08 November 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

true, but "every shot you don't fire is a miss"  i personally use auto-lock to get the target and then manually compensate about half a tank ahead.

Every shot you can't take because you're reloading is a miss as well. 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

CHAFFEE 512 #36 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49983 battles
duh, wait for it to come around in front of you then bam.

De4thSt4lker206 #37 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11993 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 08 November 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Every shot you can't take because you're reloading is a miss as well. 

well in your scenario you may never get a shot on the light at all... i generally follow the principle of if i am moving and not going to stick around to aim i might as well fire it and see what RNGesus does for me, same goes for the enemy if i am not aimed in but i won't have a shot if i wait.

i'll aim if i feel i have time to, otherwise i'll just let rip and pray.  just watched a saved replay i have of my KV-2 from back in 2016. i fail platooned it with a buddy's SU-152 (durp platoon!) but we actually got amazing matchmaking, only 3 7s a side. i ended up hitting 4 un-aimed shots, including but not limited to a oneshot on a cromwell knight at 400+, 260+ off of a Tiger 1 for a kill, one-shot on a wolverine at 300 meters...

T34-3 master race

De4thSt4lker206 #38 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11993 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostCHAFFEE 512, on 08 November 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

duh, wait for it to come around in front of you then bam.

a smart light will never do that if you are holding your gun in one position. thye will just stop on the opposite side of you, unless you have allies, in which case they will shoot 'n scoot.

regardless, the thread is very informative for those who might not know why shells behave the way they do at close range.

Edited by De4thSt4lker206, 09 November 2019 - 04:30 AM.

T34-3 master race

TocFanKe4 #39 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21000 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 08 November 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

well in your scenario you may never get a shot on the light at all... i generally follow the principle of if i am moving and not going to stick around to aim i might as well fire it and see what RNGesus does for me, same goes for the enemy if i am not aimed in but i won't have a shot if i wait.

i'll aim if i feel i have time to, otherwise i'll just let rip and pray.  just watched a saved replay i have of my KV-2 from back in 2016. i fail platooned it with a buddy's SU-152 (durp platoon!) but we actually got amazing matchmaking, only 3 7s a side. i ended up hitting 4 un-aimed shots, including but not limited to a oneshot on a cromwell knight at 400+, 260+ off of a Tiger 1 for a kill, one-shot on a wolverine at 300 meters...

You're trying to wedge what I wrote into an all or nothing proposition. I wrote that I still use manual aim. I also RBRT if needed. I'm making no statements about how long I'm aiming. It depends on how the light I'm fighting is moving. It's best to be flexible. It doesn't help you to keep doing RBRT shots if they're moving too fast to hit them across your aim. If I know they're going to double back, I'll wait a second for that shot instead of sitting there reloading whilst they present their backside to me. 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

De4thSt4lker206 #40 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11993 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 08 November 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

You're trying to wedge what I wrote into an all or nothing proposition. I wrote that I still use manual aim. I also RBRT if needed. I'm making no statements about how long I'm aiming. It depends on how the light I'm fighting is moving. It's best to be flexible. It doesn't help you to keep doing RBRT shots if they're moving too fast to hit them across your aim. If I know they're going to double back, I'll wait a second for that shot instead of sitting there reloading whilst they present their backside to me. 

fair enough. i was just saying it is better to seek a good shot than wait for a perfect shot, and manual is the only real way to hit a circling light; They will only break off if you have support or demonstrate you can still handle them.

T34-3 master race

Also tagged with Lag, Latency, Tinfoil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users