Would a permanent +1 -1 benefit Wargaming or hurt it?

MM PMM

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Would Permanent +1 -1 Benefit or Hurt WoT? (111 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would Permanent +1 -1 Benefit or Hurt WoT?

1. It would bring in more players, satisfaction, & revenue for WoT (81 votes [72.97%])

Percentage of vote: 72.97%

2. It would have a more negative effect with people leaving the game (30 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

Aside from how it affects Wargaming, would you prefer +1 -1?

1. Yes (78 votes [70.27%])

Percentage of vote: 70.27%

2. No (33 votes [29.73%])

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

Vote Hide poll

jonesofcolorado #1 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11739 battles

Would a permanent +1 -1 benefit Wargaming or hurt it? Seems most of the consensus is it would be a good thing and that most people like it, while there are a few opposed to it. Would it attract more players? Would more leave than it would attract? Would revenue increase or decrease? 

Personally I enjoy +1 -1 more, but that's just my opinion. :popcorn:

ll Jedi Dado #2 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27230 battles
  • [POLAR]
+1 for me too. Kind of tired of all the tier 8 games as of the past year where you get constantly in a tier 10 lobby and frequently you are among one or 2 tier 8's in the game. I know other players feel the same and noone plays tier 8's unless they have to. It used to be the most fun class in game, but its no more. Besides WG Ops like the Chisel where you need to play tier 9/10 and reduces the pool of players at tier 8, the fact is that as the game has aged, most players nowdays own and play tier 10's. Noone grinds anymore, noone really needs too. So keeping the tier 8's as a minority it hurts the player who needs silver and the potentially new player who needs to grind. So to answer your poll moving on to a +1-1 I feel it will retain more players and make the game more accessible to new ones which always results to more money for WG. A dead player does not buy new tanks and noone really buys silver with gold.

M4ntiX #3 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29380 battles
  • [JOCO]

Well. We already know it wouldn't bring more players in, because it didn't during either of the events.

Personally, I prefer +/-2 mm. Besides, +/-1 would require a global tank rebalancing and quite frankly, given previous balancing passes, this would probably be a disaster and the end of WOT as we know it.

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

x_BAlN_x #4 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59615 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 08 November 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Well. We already know it wouldn't bring more players in, because it didn't during either of the events.

Personally, I prefer +/-2 mm. Besides, +/-1 would require a global tank rebalancing and quite frankly, given previous balancing passes, this would probably be a disaster and the end of WOT as we know it.

Pretty dramatic statement there queenie.

Edited by x_BAlN_x, 08 November 2019 - 03:43 PM.

I44I Warlock #5 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38783 battles
  • [I66I]

I think it'd benefit the game. 

I can only play late evening/night (EU times) and i'm tired of fighting tier 10 every Match when playing my T8 prems. So i play less and with less motivation. 

And i know i'm not the only one. 

- Execute Order 66 -

3 marked tanks: 69 

vVMr GoodCatVv #6 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28777 battles
I dont particularly care if we have it or not (as long as light tanks retain +/-2) but it may help retain some players and frankly thats just a feeling, I have no data or anything to back that up. We have seen it doesn't increase the playerbase.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

jonesofcolorado #7 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11739 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 08 November 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

I don't see why it would require a tank rebalancing? I'd prefer it wasn't rebalanced. Also, how do we know how the player count was in the events? I saw posts form people who said they quit playing but came back and played during the +1 -1... 

M4ntiX #8 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29380 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 08 November 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Pretty dramatic statement there queenie.

Thank you, dear. :girl:

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

TiagoBarriga #9 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6850 battles
Everyone wants +1-1, the big majority of players at least, only a few hardcore duds do not
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

vVMr GoodCatVv #10 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28777 battles

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Everyone wants +1-1, the big majority of players at least, only a few hardcore duds do not

duds? Dude making friends isnt as hard as you are making it seem.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

El Materdor43 #11 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33002 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postjonesofcolorado, on 08 November 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

I don't see why it would require a tank rebalancing? I'd prefer it wasn't rebalanced. Also, how do we know how the player count was in the events? I saw posts form people who said they quit playing but came back and played during the +1 -1... 

The player numbers are in this thread 

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/184122-player-numbers-daily-tally-report/page__pid__4882728__st__1660#entry4882728

Tank balancing would have to happen. Up until tier 9, tanks are given enough pen to compete when they are -2. If those tanks retain the same values, armor would become even more irrelevant. Additionally, look at the alpha of several tanks, particularly TD’s. Why would a tier 8 TD need a 750 alpha gun if it was to only see tier 9 tanks?   There are other factors as well, not just pen and alpha. 

Cobravert #12 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

Even though I'm no longer playing (right now anyhow) I was a huge proponent for +1/-1 because my platoon was more often than not at -2 the majority of games we played for years. It made no sense as to why we were so often, and a lot of those times we were the only -2's on our team, sometimes in the game. Though we did well enough, and many times carries the team, it was sickening to have to do it so often. Then the times we couldn't just made it that much more aggravating. If we were ever top tier, we actually celebrated, for it was exceedingly less common than -2, let alone -1.

But over all, mere +1/-1 will only help those who hate being under tiered repetitiously. It will never fix the overwhelming match making broken issues that are basically ignored by the powers that be.

Until match making tank types, tiers, tank balancing, and platoons are all taken into consideration prior to setting up teams, it will never be any better. Using "tank weight" gives some of the most lopsided, mind blowing miss matched games that could never be conceived if a person were to try to make that poorly of miss matched teams. Too many games are decided before they even start because of this.

LifeTilts #13 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 42911 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 08 November 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

I'd argue a week isn't long enough to show the effects as mainly players who still play the game even knew about the event.

My Twitch Channel Solo gameplay, Tank requests (300+ tanks), No premium spam.

TiagoBarriga #14 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6850 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 08 November 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

The player numbers are in this thread 

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/184122-player-numbers-daily-tally-report/page__pid__4882728__st__1660#entry4882728

Tank balancing would have to happen. Up until tier 9, tanks are given enough pen to compete when they are -2. If those tanks retain the same values, armor would become even more irrelevant. Additionally, look at the alpha of several tanks, particularly TD’s. Why would a tier 8 TD need a 750 alpha gun if it was to only see tier 9 tanks?   There are other factors as well, not just pen and alpha. 

You can't expect to increase player base only during an event, event is temporarly, also even if it were permanent players had not enogh time to know about the changes, alot of cases were players just try the game and find those nonesense rules and thye do not like abnd go to other game, those players will not care about events
No one want a game to be good only during events
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

TiagoBarriga #15 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6850 battles

View PostLifeTilts, on 08 November 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

I'd argue a week isn't long enough to show the effects as mainly players who still play the game even knew about the event.

True, and its just an event, who will play a game that is only 'better' just during the event? its better not to start playing at all
Keep speaking the truth

Ditch Doc #16 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20053 battles

I agree that +1/-1 doesn’t appear to be a miracle panacea for playerbase growth. But I do believe it might slowly help. I don’t think a reasonable verdict on whether +1/-1 will improve numbers can be drawn from a couple of week long events. The most you could say is that the daily numbers didn’t show a mass return of former players. The process of getting hooked on a game or dropping a game forever out of frustration is drawn out. Playing a game that feels fun more often than it feels lousy is probably one of the keys to new player retention, but it’s going to take weeks of that experience to get a casual player hooked.

Similarly, it takes time for word of mouth to bring people around, so any positive or negative feedback from the +1/-1 events is going to have a long  flash to bang.

On the other hand, I personally agree with those who say that being -2 provides a welcome challenge and an opportunity to excel against tanks two tiers higher. I don’t really mind +2/-2. And in lights I think it’s almost always fun being -2.

I’m for it, but only if lights remain -2, as previously mentioned in this thread by vV Mr GoodCat Vv

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly.

”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked.

”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Jungl1st-Souljah #17 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25848 battles
Can't vote. Not fussed on it, I prefer -+2, and wish they didn't run it, i feel as though its fudged the gamplay when goin back to normal. 

TiagoBarriga #18 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6850 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 08 November 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

You eat junk the whole life along all those years, cookies, humburgers, chocolate(ups not a bad one) you also never exercised yourself, you never cared about the warnings you keep your habit because it was somewhat lazzy working. Now you got some serious health problems and you are obese and now you want to reduce some wight and get healthier, you then start a new diet for a week and you got no results and then you say the diet changes nothing... sure its a easy way out, it's easy to think that way so you can justify your old habits... the game, WG and old players are like that example above, there we have alot of obcessed players for stats an not for fun, we have a company obcessed only for profit especially in a short term profit, and then we get the game we have right now.. can't you see it? is clear as clean water for me.
Don't you see it? sure not.. how could you? if you could see it you were not one of the reasons for what we have now.. it's part of the problem, the bigger problem is being unable to identify the problems because we do not want to see 

Keep speaking the truth

matematicalone #19 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2445 battles
Again this? Eh, the density of some peeps..

im_balthazur #20 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40490 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostM4ntiX, on 08 November 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

you state this like it would be a bad thing. Sorry, but any game with historical elements and tanks with rocket boosters attached needs to be “reassessed”. Besides, this is a regional game. Very few would even know something changed.

Also tagged with MM, PMM

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users