Would a permanent +1 -1 benefit Wargaming or hurt it?

MM PMM

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Poll: Would Permanent +1 -1 Benefit or Hurt WoT? (133 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would Permanent +1 -1 Benefit or Hurt WoT?

1. It would bring in more players, satisfaction, & revenue for WoT (98 votes [73.68%])

Percentage of vote: 73.68%

2. It would have a more negative effect with people leaving the game (35 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

Aside from how it affects Wargaming, would you prefer +1 -1?

1. Yes (95 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No (38 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Hide poll

im_balthazur #21 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40609 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

You eat junk the whole life along all those years, cookies, humburgers, chocolate(ups not a bad one) you also never exercised yourself, you never cared about the warnings you keep your habit because it was somewhat lazzy working. Now you got some serious health problems and you are obese and now you want to reduce some wight and get healthier, you then start a new diet for a week and you got no results and then you say the diet changes nothing... sure its a easy way out, it's easy to think that way so you can justify your old habits... the game, WG and old players are like that example above, there we have alot of obcessed players for stats an not for fun, we have a company obcessed only for profit in a short time profit, and then we get the game we have right now.. can't you see it? is clear as clean water for me.
Don't you see it? sure not.. how could you? if you could see it you were not one of the reasons for what we have now.. it's part of the problem, the bigger problem is being unable to identify the problems because we do not want to see 

profit? Hahaha. No. 6 mil in revenue to feed 4K plus employees. No profit to be seen here. It’s not like a real game development company, such as Epic, with its billions in worth, its revenue in 9 digits, and 700 employees. 

WG is not obsessed with profit. They are obsessed with survival, which is how it should be for regional game development small timers.

Jungl1st-Souljah #22 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25923 battles

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

You eat junk the whole life along all those years, cookies, humburgers, chocolate(ups not a bad one) you also never exercised yourself, you never cared about the warnings you keep your habit because it was somewhat lazzy working. Now you got some serious health problems and you are obese and now you want to reduce some wight and get healthier, you then start a new diet for a week and you got no results and then you say the diet changes nothing... sure its a easy way out, it's easy to think that way so you can justify your old habits... the game, WG and old players are like that example above, there we have alot of obcessed players for stats an not for fun, we have a company obcessed only for profit especially in a short term profit, and then we get the game we have right now.. can't you see it? is clear as clean water for me.
Don't you see it? sure not.. how could you? if you could see it you were not one of the reasons for what we have now.. it's part of the problem, the bigger problem is being unable to identify the problems because we do not want to see 

so eat healthy? 

TiagoBarriga #23 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7039 battles

View Postim_balthazur, on 08 November 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

profit? Hahaha. No. 6 mil in revenue to feed 4K plus employees. No profit to be seen here. It’s not like a real game development company, such as Epic, with its billions in worth, its revenue in 9 digits, and 700 employees. 

WG is not obsessed with profit. They are obsessed with survival, which is how it should be for regional game development small timers.

It may be true now, not at the beginning, if they lowered the prices thye should have sold more in a long term and should have keep more players by now, there are alot others game with the same model but the prices are way lower and they have no problems surviving
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

im_balthazur #24 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40609 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

It may be true now, not at the beginning, if they lowered the prices thye should have sold more in a long term and should have keep more players by now, there are alot others game with the same model but the prices are way lower and they have no problems surviving

those companies with the same model are the companies that created that model. WG tried and failed to duplicate what others had done before them. 

besides, you are comparing  global game development companies ( the ones that will get a piece of the 40 billion spent on gaming in the number 2 gaming market in the world, trailing only Japan) with a regional small timer that pulled out of that market. Not a good comparison.

TiagoBarriga #25 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7039 battles

View Postim_balthazur, on 08 November 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

those companies with the same model are the companies that created that model. WG tried and failed to duplicate what others had done before them. 

besides, you are comparing  global game development companies ( the ones that will get a piece of the 40 billion spent on gaming in the number 2 gaming market in the world, trailing only Japan) with a regional small timer that pulled out of that market. Not a good comparison.

Nop im talking about free to play games, they are not so expensive and this teme is an offtopic lets not progresse in it and focus on the +1-1
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Jungl1st-Souljah #26 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25923 battles

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Nop im talking about free to play games, they are not so expensive and this teme is an offtopic lets not progresse in it and focus on the +1-1

What ftp games you comparing to then? And it was you that went off topic. 

TiagoBarriga #27 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7039 battles
No matter what poll you make, where you make it or what commnnity to ask, we always get the same answer, the majority of players like it more +1-1, so why is WG the game ignoring it?
Keep speaking the truth

Tempest fox3 #28 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20962 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postjonesofcolorado, on 08 November 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

I don't see why it would require a tank rebalancing? I'd prefer it wasn't rebalanced. Also, how do we know how the player count was in the events? I saw posts form people who said they quit playing but came back and played during the +1 -1... 

The game needs rebalancing now, and that's with most vehicles tuned for +2-2. Some of the worst offenders to the current balancing issues are only somewhat mitigated by those tanks seeing +2 and getting wrecked by higher tiers occasionally.

Otherwise things like the Absolution, Pz V/IV ect would run rampant unchecked. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Tempest fox3 #29 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20962 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Within the same genre WOT occupies we have Armoured warfare and War Thunder, both have paid economies very similar to world of tanks (War thunder is actually more expensive.)

Free to play games in general use the same paid economic strategies as wot does. Hell, there are pay to play AAA titles with more egregious micro transaction economies than WOT.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Jungl1st-Souljah #30 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25923 battles

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 08 November 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

No matter what poll you make, where you make it or what commnnity to ask, we always get the same answer, the majority of players like it more +1-1, so why is WG the game ignoring it?

they ain't ignoring it. Read the post below from tempest. Balance, you fancy seeing a increase in 5 man toons of these kinda tanks 

jonesofcolorado #31 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11794 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 08 November 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

The player numbers are in this thread 

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/184122-player-numbers-daily-tally-report/page__pid__4882728__st__1660#entry4882728

Tank balancing would have to happen. Up until tier 9, tanks are given enough pen to compete when they are -2. If those tanks retain the same values, armor would become even more irrelevant. Additionally, look at the alpha of several tanks, particularly TD’s. Why would a tier 8 TD need a 750 alpha gun if it was to only see tier 9 tanks?   There are other factors as well, not just pen and alpha. 

I have one of said TD's (Slayer) which does up to 800 damage I think? BUT... pen is horrible... only like 1 in 10 shots penetrates. So because of that, I wouldn't think they would need rebalancing (unless the penetration were better). 

As far as pen goes to compete 2 tiers up... It seems pretty rare I can penetrate a tank 2 tiers higher. It happens, but it seems rare. Mostly just bounces...

Edited by jonesofcolorado, 08 November 2019 - 09:09 PM.

John Arrowsmith #32 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 78330 battles

Isn't it great how people still seem to think +1 mm will bring in masses of new players even though every test so far shows otherwise.

It's been said before and it will be said several times again,  +1 mm doesn't solve the problems that need to be solved.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

jonesofcolorado #33 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11794 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 08 November 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

Isn't it great how people still seem to think +1 mm will bring in masses of new players even though every test so far shows otherwise.

It's been said before and it will be said several times again,  +1 mm doesn't solve the problems that need to be solved.

Maybe it won't attract new players, but maybe it will stem the flow (if any) of players leaving?

And maybe it isn't solving the real problem, but perhaps it makes it better\more enjoyable to play than the current +2 -2 state?

Edited by jonesofcolorado, 08 November 2019 - 09:14 PM.

jonesofcolorado #34 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11794 battles

View Postim_balthazur, on 08 November 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Where does the $6 million in revenue number come from? If you Google it, it says they are a billion dollar company... I think their profit is WAY bigger than you think...

Brass Drag0n #35 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34496 battles

Why would new players give a stuff about +1/-1? The lower level seal clubbing is far more damaging for retaining new players. While, it's going to be the sheer monotony that does for us old hands.

Then we have:

1) the massive leaps in gameplay/tanks from tier 4 to tier 5 and then tier 7 to tier 8.

2) the lengthy losing streaks.

3) RNG clearly getting 'stuck' on max for entire games.

4) the ludicrous platoon matchmaking that thinks 4x tier 8 tanks = 4x tier 10 tanks.

5) 'Two weeks' being a way cooler game, that they can lay with their friends. (new)

5) Major problems/gripes still not addressed afters years of complaints. (old)

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

El Materdor43 #36 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33079 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postjonesofcolorado, on 08 November 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

I have one of said TD's (Slayer) which does up to 800 damage I think? BUT... pen is horrible... only like 1 in 10 shots penetrates. So because of that, I wouldn't think they would need rebalancing (unless the penetration were better). 

As far as pen goes to compete 2 tiers up... It seems pretty rare I can penetrate a tank 2 tiers higher. It happens, but it seems rare. Mostly just bounces...

Look at the German and Russian TD’s, specifically the Borsig and the ISU-152. The Borsig with the 15cm has 215mm standard pen but 334mm pen with Prem and 750 alpha damage. Then throw in the camo rating on he Borsig. The ISU-152;  152mm gun, 262mm standard pen, 292 Prem pen that also does 750 alpha damage.  I don’t own either of those but I have been smacked around by those tanks. The Borsig has a very good camo rating.  I was in my Pershing a couple of nights ago on Severogorsk. The red team had 6 tier 8 TD’s with the Borsig being one of them. It outspotted me in the Pershing, with 400m base view range and I have Optics on it. I couldn’t spot him no matter how I went about trying to do it. At the end I had very little choice and had to go forward. Borsig spots me and smacks me for 600. 

That’s what I’m referring to. Tanks like that and others will need rebalancing if the game goes to a 2 tier spread 

IBROX 04 #37 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20438 battles
  • [BNKR]
Permanent? It's called an event Now. Doubt it's gonna be permanent. Look like WG was kidding everyone on about it in the first place. Did they ever release any data about the Tests? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

matematicalone #38 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2589 battles
Poll is pretty close this time, so I guess it should stay occasional event.

IBROX 04 #39 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20438 battles
  • [BNKR]
Here's a question. Do you think for a minute that if +1-1 hurt or genuinely made more revenue. That they would implement it or not? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

jonesofcolorado #40 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11794 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 08 November 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Look at the German and Russian TD’s, specifically the Borsig and the ISU-152. The Borsig with the 15cm has 215mm standard pen but 334mm pen with Prem and 750 alpha damage. Then throw in the camo rating on he Borsig. The ISU-152;  152mm gun, 262mm standard pen, 292 Prem pen that also does 750 alpha damage.  I don’t own either of those but I have been smacked around by those tanks. The Borsig has a very good camo rating.  I was in my Pershing a couple of nights ago on Severogorsk. The red team had 6 tier 8 TD’s with the Borsig being one of them. It outspotted me in the Pershing, with 400m base view range and I have Optics on it. I couldn’t spot him no matter how I went about trying to do it. At the end I had very little choice and had to go forward. Borsig spots me and smacks me for 600. 

That’s what I’m referring to. Tanks like that and others will need rebalancing if the game goes to a 2 tier spread 

Yeah I could see a rebalance maybe needed on those with super high damage and good penetration. I don't have either of those. I don't think that's generally the norm either, probably a few one-offs. 

Also tagged with MM, PMM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users