Jump to content


i think i see what tank the Sharpshooter is based off of

SharpShooter Chieftain T95/Chieftain

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Vampire_Izumi #1 Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27617 battles
  • 3,384
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

so there are 2 different T95/Chieftains apparently on PC,

1 has the Mark 6 turret and the other has that weird chieftain turret on a T95 medium's hull.

our Sharpshooter looks exactly like the T95/Chieftain with the Mark 6 turret.

https://tanks.gg/tank/t95chieftain/model?vm=visual

https://tanks.gg/tank/t95fv4201/model?vm=visual

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/UK/fv4201-chieftain-medium-tank-t95-hybrid/

Image result for sharpshooter wot

 

was the Sharpshooter based off of the T95/Chieftain with mark 6 turret?


Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 10 November 2019 - 10:57 AM.

      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


matematicalone #2 Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2899 battles
  • 1,465
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017
Oh yeah, and that's one of the most feared tanks on PC as well. And gun on Sharpshooter is crap when compared to PC chief.

Tempest fox3 #3 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21072 battles
  • 18,471
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
This would be correct, if it didn't have the E50s 105mm gun.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

Vampire_Izumi #4 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27617 battles
  • 3,384
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostTempest fox3, on 10 November 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

This would be correct, if it didn't have the E50s 105mm gun.

 

true, but the tank would be OP at tier 9 with the chieftain's gun.

      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


Tempest fox3 #5 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21072 battles
  • 18,471
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 10 November 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

 

true, but the tank would be OP at tier 9 with the chieftain's gun.

 

Could have at least given it a British or American 105. It would make more sense than giving it a German 105.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

matematicalone #6 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2899 battles
  • 1,465
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostTempest fox3, on 10 November 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

 

Could have at least given it a British or American 105. It would make more sense than giving it a German 105.

 

On the other hand, we have German Leo with British gun.

Tempest fox3 #7 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:39 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21072 battles
  • 18,471
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postmatematicalone, on 10 November 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

On the other hand, we have German Leo with British gun.

 

The Leopard 1? That's because Germany purchased a license to produce and use the 105 L7 for their early Leopard models. 

 

The Americans did too, what do you think the 105mm M68 is? It's a license copy of the British L7. 

 

The British sold the 105mm L7 to a lot of countries. Everyone wanted a gun that could knock out Russian tanks and the Brits had a gun proven to do just that.

 

The 10.5cm L/52 equipped to the Sharpshooter (and the E50) is an entirely fictional gun however. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

matematicalone #8 Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2899 battles
  • 1,465
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostTempest fox3, on 10 November 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

 

The Leopard 1? That's because Germany purchased a license to produce and use the 105 L7 for their early Leopard models.

 

The Americans did too, what do you think the 105mm M68 is? It's a license copy of the British L7.

 

The British sold the 105mm L7 to a lot of countries. Everyone wanted a gun that could knock out Russian tanks and the Brits had a gun proven to do just that.

 

The 10.5cm L/52 equipped to the Sharpshooter (and the E50) is an entirely fictional gun however.

 

I am aware of that, it was very popular gun in NATO (even non-NATO)

...which brings us to another question (I'll start a new thread so we don't steal this one)...feel free to contribute there.



Pit Friend #9 Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33614 battles
  • 18,657
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 10 November 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

 

Could have at least given it a British or American 105. It would make more sense than giving it a German 105.

 

Nothing about the parts thrown together to make the Mercenary tanks makes any sense. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 






Also tagged with SharpShooter, Chieftain, T95/Chieftain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users