Jump to content


Why can't we have these tanks in game?

L7A1 Royal Ordnance M68 M64 L71A

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

matematicalone #1 Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

We already have in game many tanks using variants of one of the best gun of the Cold War era, British Royal Ordnance L7A1 105 mm gun. My question would be why we can't have some more tanks which were using the same gun (or variants of it).

Merkava I&II - developed in the early 80's, both versions I and II used the licensed copy of L7 gun (designated M64). Tracks and traverse was based on Centurions so that's another thing in common with what we have already.

Spoiler

Abrams M1 - prototypes were built 1976 and they were armed with licenced copy of L7 gun.

Spoiler

Type 69 III (Type 79) - Chinese upgrade of Type 69 with L7 gun, prototype was built in 1981 (WZ-121D).

Spoiler

Type 69-QMI - Iraqi independently upgraded variant of imported Chinese Type 69 II tanks. Also featured rifled L7 gun.

Tanque Argentino Mediano (TAM) - Argentinian medium tank, prototypes were built in1976. Prototype featured L7A1 gun.

Spoiler

Tiran 4Sh and 5Sh (captured T-54 & T-55) - captured by Israel and refitted with L7 105 mm gun.

Spoiler

 



killer etzi0 #2 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58637 battles
  • 18,631
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
Idk if WG is ready for true Tier XI-XII's in the game.  Certainly Tier VIII would no longer be the redheaded step child right? 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


DwarfOnDrugs #3 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31565 battles
  • 2,418
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
Because this is world of tanks mercenaries and they don’t make original content.

 


matematicalone #4 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

Personally my favorite would be Argentinian TAM, but I guess it's a problem cause it's a small production tank and we can't have Argentinian TT. That's why we need TT line with different smaller factions...here's an idea! We could have them as Mercenary TT!

....oh wait.



Joco3000 #5 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26517 battles
  • 28,079
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

Composite, non RHA/Cast steel armours.

Also, they are generally too modern, although I do recall people suggesting the Merkava I for an Israeli line.

 

There is generally no need to go for more modern vehicles though. There are many other designs from within the game's timescale and technological progression that could be used instead.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


matematicalone #6 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostJoco3000, on 10 November 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

Composite, non RHA/Cast steel armours.

Also, they are generally too modern, although I do recall people suggesting the Merkava I for an Israeli line.

 

There is generally no need to go for more modern vehicles though. There are many other designs from within the game's timescale and technological progression that could be used instead.

 

I know you know tanks, but what about MBT-70? Also TAM could fit into tier 10. T-54 upgraded Tiran tanks could also fit tier 10. Merkava I fits the timeframe and first versions were developed without composites.

''The TAM's survivability is related to its low profile turret, based on that of the Leopard 1A4s and the Leopard 2, and its physical armor array. It has 50 mm (1.97 inches) at 75 degrees on the glacis plate and 32 degrees on the vehicle's sides. This offers protection against anti-armor shells from up to 35 mm (1.38-inch) guns. The turret front is protected by 50 mm (1.97 in) of steel armor at an angle of 32 degrees. Although the tank's weight and armor protection are light compared to other main battle tanks, it has the advantage of better tactical mobility over the nation's terrain.''


Edited by matematicalone, 10 November 2019 - 02:16 PM.


Joco3000 #7 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26517 battles
  • 28,079
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postmatematicalone, on 10 November 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

 

I know you know tanks, but what about MBT-70? Also TAM could fit into tier 10. T-54 upgraded Tiran tanks could also fit tier 10. Merkava I fits the timeframe and first versions were developed without composites.

 

MBT-70 is technically composite armour. Not the same type as modern tanks, but it's not your standard steel slabs.

 

For the Israeli tanks, it's more the fact that they don't really have a place to go than anything else.

Also, what separates a Tiran from a Type 59-II? The latter is far more likely to appear, as the Chinese nation exist in-game.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


matematicalone #8 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:27 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostJoco3000, on 10 November 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

MBT-70 is technically composite armour. Not the same type as modern tanks, but it's not your standard steel slabs.

 

For the Israeli tanks, it's more the fact that they don't really have a place to go than anything else.

Also, what separates a Tiran from a Type 59-II? The latter is far more likely to appear, as the Chinese nation exist in-game.

 

I understand Israel is too small to be a faction, hence some tech tree with small factions could exist (like Mercenary tree). Argentina could also fit there and countries like South Africa. Tirans were captured T-54's and T-55's, let's say Tiran 4Sh could fit well into tier 10 as T-54 upgraded with L7 gun. Chinese Type 79 is based on T-62 (which we also have in game), but it was developed independently from Soviets and fitted with L7 rifled gun China obtained from Austria.

Joco3000 #9 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26517 battles
  • 28,079
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postmatematicalone, on 10 November 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

 

I understand Israel is too small to be a faction, hence some tech tree with small factions could exist (like Mercenary tree). Argentina could also fit there and countries like South Africa. Tirans were captured T-54's and T-55's, let's say Tiran 4Sh could fit well into tier 10 as T-54 upgraded with L7 gun. Chinese Type 79 is based on T-62 (which we also have in game), but it was developed independently from Soviets and fitted with L7 rifled gun China obtained from Austria.

 

We have a T-62A, which is not the same as a T-62. That being said, I don't really know enough about the Type 79 to say if it's suitable or not.

At a glance, it looks okay? 

 

That being said, why not the completely safe Type 59-II? It's just a Type 59 with the 105mm L7, so could easily slot in as a tier X. Or even a tier IX, on that note.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


I_TriffNix #10 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:53 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15823 battles
  • 1,520
  • Member since:
    05-25-2017

Did this tanks got riffeld guns? 

If they dont got one this could be the reason why WGC  dont bring them.



matematicalone #11 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostI_TriffNix, on 10 November 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Did this tanks got riffeld guns?

If they dont got one this could be the reason why WGC  dont bring them.

 

Yes, all these tanks were fitted with rifled L7 gun, at least at the prototype stage. Later variants were upgunned and some received smoothbore guns. But all of these listed above had rifled guns.

matematicalone #12 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostJoco3000, on 10 November 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

 

We have a T-62A, which is not the same as a T-62. That being said, I don't really know enough about the Type 79 to say if it's suitable or not.

At a glance, it looks okay?

 

That being said, why not the completely safe Type 59-II? It's just a Type 59 with the 105mm L7, so could easily slot in as a tier X. Or even a tier IX, on that note.

 

I agree about 59-II, wait isn't McDragon actualy a Type 59-II?

GhostRider110 #13 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 27874 battles
  • 220
  • [SCIT]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

This game isn't known for real life physics nor simulation like gameplay. I don't see the problem with having these tank in the game or tanks with smoothbore guns and all. I would really like to play a Leopard 2A4 and I don't mind if the armour protection and physics of the gun don't match the real deal.

 

The TAM would fit the German tech tree perfect, since the tank  was and prototyped in Germany.


Edited by GhostRider110, 10 November 2019 - 03:22 PM.


matematicalone #14 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

How about adding TAM into German TT? It's co op, but basically German tank, something like Indian Pz.

View PostGhostRider110, on 10 November 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

This game isn't known for real life physics nor simulation like gameplay. I don't see the problem with having these tank in the game or tanks with smoothbore guns and all. I would really like to play a Leopard 2A4 and I don't mind if the armour protection and physics of the gun don't match the real deal.

 

The TAM would fit the German tech tree perfect, since the tank  was and prototyped in Germany.

Sorry just saw you ninja'd me. Sure German origins can't be denied, it's based on Marder.



SPUK4U #15 Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10910 battles
  • 1,728
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018
 Just like putting in anime tanks, WG would have to buy a license to use modern tank names and designs in the game.  Old tanks designs before Copyright Act of 1976 are easier to copy and implement in games as there is less legal hassle with them.   If they do it without license they would have to alter designs and use slightly different names to go below the legal radar and we would get modern Mercenary tanks. :amazed:
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Pit Friend #16 Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33331 battles
  • 18,431
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View Postmatematicalone, on 10 November 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

 

I agree about 59-II, wait isn't McDragon actualy a Type 59-II?

 

It has the stats of one but they didn’t bother changing the gun to match. 

 

I’m still waiting for them to put a Type plain 59-II into the game so they can take my money. 


When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 


Spike1958 #17 Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37957 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016
Just what I need to see, more tanks in the game with the exact same gun as the Centurion 7/1 but with a much faster reload.

Tempest fox3 #18 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:13 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20946 battles
  • 18,173
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postmatematicalone, on 10 November 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

 

I agree about 59-II, wait isn't McDragon actualy a Type 59-II?

 

Yes, the McDragon is a Type-59 II though the gun barrel is wrong. 

 

They're creating an unskinned version with the correct L7C barrel. I've been pestering Max and Rai about it for the last year or two (since whenever they changed the King Dragon to a 105 L7) they've promised that it is coming 'soon' but that a new model is being created for it. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

Tempest fox3 #19 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20946 battles
  • 18,173
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostJoco3000, on 10 November 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

MBT-70 is technically composite armour. Not the same type as modern tanks, but it's not your standard steel slabs.

 

For the Israeli tanks, it's more the fact that they don't really have a place to go than anything else.

Also, what separates a Tiran from a Type 59-II? The latter is far more likely to appear, as the Chinese nation exist in-game.

 

It's been suggested before I know, but a combined Israeli/Egypt/Syria nation tree? 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

matematicalone #20 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2445 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostTempest fox3, on 11 November 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

 

It's been suggested before I know, but a combined Israeli/Egypt/Syria nation tree?

 

Not a bad idea, something like Middle East tech tree. In that case more countries like Iraq, Jordan, Iran and Turkey perhaps. Iraq used to run Pz IV's and StuG's.

Why not having South American TT with coutries like Argentina, Brasil, Cuba and maybe Mexico.


Edited by matematicalone, 11 November 2019 - 10:37 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users