Remove Ardennes permanently

Remove garbage map fix

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PhantomBlckGoat #1 Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3898 battles
I’ve been playing video games for almost 2 decades and I can say with 100% confidence Ardennes is the worst map in any game I’ve ever played. I swear, any day I sit down to play WoT (which has dropped considerably because of stuff like this) I get Ardennes every other match. I’d really like to hear from one of the developers why they cling to having this god awful map be so common in the matchmaking system because I really don’t see how you could defend it while keep a straight face.

atwilliams07 #2 Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29990 battles

What specifically is wrong with it?

In comparison to other maps with a city in them (which usually favours heavies or assault TD’s), this one has got something for most tank types. 

radonism #3 Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17050 battles

View PostPhantomBlckGoat, on 12 November 2019 - 04:26 AM, said:

I’ve been playing video games for almost 2 decades and I can say with 100% confidence Ardennes is the worst map in any game I’ve ever played. I swear, any day I sit down to play WoT (which has dropped considerably because of stuff like this) I get Ardennes every other match. I’d really like to hear from one of the developers why they cling to having this god awful map be so common in the matchmaking system because I really don’t see how you could defend it while keep a straight face.

I agree with you. It's pure garbage. City is too small to brawl. Hills are too hilly to flank. Very few sight lines to snipe. Too many trees, too much stuff chucked at the map. I play with colour blindness mode and it's blue on blue on blue. Plus snow! Can't see a thing. Have given up trying and just auto aim, yolo, try and take 1 or 2 out and get back to the garage asap.

im_balthazur #4 Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41331 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostPhantomBlckGoat, on 12 November 2019 - 04:26 AM, said:

I’ve been playing video games for almost 2 decades and I can say with 100% confidence Ardennes is the worst map in any game I’ve ever played. I swear, any day I sit down to play WoT (which has dropped considerably because of stuff like this) I get Ardennes every other match. I’d really like to hear from one of the developers why they cling to having this god awful map be so common in the matchmaking system because I really don’t see how you could defend it while keep a straight face

Himmelscrap is the worst. If Ardennes gets the axe it has to be after Himmelsajoke.

SPUK4U #5 Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11268 battles
Ardennes is not the best map, but I would place Ensk and it's variants in the top of the bad map list. Mainly because usable size is just too small for game play and you get detected before your gun is reloaded. 
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

ArnaudMoa #6 Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26510 battles

Even if it's not a good map, "summer" Ardennes doesn't cause me too many problems.

On the other hand, the winter version is terrible, I always hesitate to play it because it really hurts my eyes, every time I finish a game on this map, my eyes get red and burn and I have to put on eye drops.

matematicalone #7 Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2745 battles

View PostArnaudMoa, on 12 November 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Even if it's not a good map, "summer" Ardennes doesn't cause me too many problems.

On the other hand, the winter version is terrible, I always hesitate to play it because it really hurts my eyes, every time I finish a game on this map, my eyes get red and burn and I have to put on eye drops.

Very good point, summer version sux less than winter version, at least eyes hurt less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users