Solos and Patoons should have different matchmaking

matchmaking solo play plattons

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Poll: Solos and Patoons should have different matchmaking (91 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Different matchmaking for solo and platoons?

1. Yes (30 votes [32.97%])

Percentage of vote: 32.97%

2. No (61 votes [67.03%])

Percentage of vote: 67.03%

Vote Hide poll

IBROX 04 #181 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJungl1st-Souljah, on 14 November 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Can't be wacky backy fella, other wise I'd have made sense out of it.

Off topic, I've heard rumours our old manager (warnock) is looking for a club in Scotland 

Didn't think about that. Although the Portuguese do make some wine that would blow your head off. So the old jamaican woodbine + some vino and your guaranteed not to make much sense.

Aye hearts. Heard talk over the radio. Whilst listening to the footy phone in. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Carb0nDroid #182 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23954 battles

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 14 November 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

The game does a pretty good job of splitting up solos/platoons. I play mostly solo and see mostly solo players

Wow!

You may have found the secret server for solo players.

Please share the coordinates because it's somewhere else not in this game.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #183 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24125 battles

View PostCarb0nDroid, on 14 November 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

Wow!

I'm sure you are quite "smart" enough to find it.

Carb0nDroid #184 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23954 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 14 November 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

I'm sure you are quite "smart" enough to find it.

if you are brave enough to play alone without your platoon you can come there.

You can experience how skilled you are without your background.

allhavoc #185 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51458 battles
  • [10SR]

I'd like a seperate queue for Platoons, maybe some type of competitive mode, but I only if it didn't cause other problems.  I'm not sure what would happen if you remove that many players from the regular queue.

I think Platoons should stay the way they are now.  No special rules, no limiting it to 3 players.  Why?  Because Fun.  I've met a handful of players in this game that I absolutely consider real friends, and without platoons this would not have been possible.

[10SR]  

IBROX 04 #186 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostCarb0nDroid, on 14 November 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

if you are brave enough to play alone without your platoon you can come there.

You can experience how skilled you are without your background.

I seen him the other night solo. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Carb0nDroid #187 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23954 battles

View PostCarb0nDroid, on 13 November 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

This is the sad reality.

Unfortunately, a lot of good players (platoon players) are not upset that the game is unfair, unsportsmanlike at the moment.  Many of them think they are playing very well but the truth is that they are only taking advantage of a bad system to the detriment of others.  Apparently they don't want a fair game.

And the bigger problem is that WG doesn't want fair game.

View PostLifeTilts, on 14 November 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Pretty much spot on and this fact probably triggered a few of them.

yes it does. ✌

Dr__Jag #188 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21654 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 12 November 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

No. Pls go away with this. What SHOULD happen with platoons is the removal of 4/5 man platoons and limit of 2 of the same tank in the platoon and only 1 arty instead.

:great:

JelliedPenny08 #189 Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16270 battles

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 14 November 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

If were here only using the facts you think your talking about, there would be no reason for forum at all, before facts being considered facts theyr were not, they wer already true but they were still not recognized as facts, but we need to ponder thigns outside facts otherwise we can't detect facts. Now i bet you couldn't get what i tryed to say right now. facts are not alwasy the same as truth, they are just part of it
Im talking about the experience i had with players, its a limited size sample, but we can also see the same sample in other poll, threads or forums

My experience differs from yours. I read most of this before voting, but I voted no. 

Most of my play has been solo. When I do platoon, it is for fun and not performance. It is usually with my sons, or with a friend from the forum. We aren't that good and are usually in 2 man platoons. The fun.element is vital - it helped me get into the game more and probably contributed to retaining me as a.player at certain points along the way. I find this also to be true for the people who I platoon with - they would probably not be playing if platooning was taken away or hindered. I read many similar comments from long term players and I believe most of them are doing it for fun and not a performance improvement. 

Last night I was in a 2 man platoon with my son and the games were looking quite normal. A random green messaged us to ask.if he could join and we agreed. I noticed a marked difference in the platoon makeup of mm as a 3 man platoon compared to a 2 man platoon. The games we got into were a lot more platoon heavy with larger platoons or multiple platoons. 

Platooning should give an advantage due to an element of the team havjng greater coordination in a platoon. That isn't always the case though and I see lots of good players that don't need it. Conversely lots of bad players don't make it work.either. I have also heard that some really good players don't want the competition of other good players in a platoon, which is contrary to your opinion (unless it is the reason for this proposal!). 

Also just for the record I don't think that your figures earlier were particularly representative of the job that matchmaker does or how it does it. We know that platoons are matched first (which I think creates the effect I described from last night, and is.probably the closest you will get to what you are asking for). 

If you truly believe that all forumers band together to form Red Purple platoons to destroy non forum platoons of Green Tomatoes which hurts your stats then consider getting out there and making some friends or form a clan of likeminded others to go and redress the balance. I do think you are wrong though. I don't think my ability to platoon hides the "truth" from me, but I think maybe you are reading too much into coincidences that you see and mistaking them for truth. 

I hope sharing my experiences helps.  :)

pingwrx #190 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24352 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 15 November 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

My experience differs from yours. I read most of this before voting, but I voted no. 

Most of my play has been solo. When I do platoon, it is for fun and not performance. It is usually with my sons, or with a friend from the forum. We aren't that good and are usually in 2 man platoons. The fun.element is vital - it helped me get into the game more and probably contributed to retaining me as a.player at certain points along the way. I find this also to be true for the people who I platoon with - they would probably not be playing if platooning was taken away or hindered. I read many similar comments from long term players and I believe most of them are doing it for fun and not a performance improvement. 

Last night I was in a 2 man platoon with my son and the games were looking quite normal. A random green messaged us to ask.if he could join and we agreed. I noticed a marked difference in the platoon makeup of mm as a 3 man platoon compared to a 2 man platoon. The games we got into were a lot more platoon heavy with larger platoons or multiple platoons. 

Platooning should give an advantage due to an element of the team havjng greater coordination in a platoon. That isn't always the case though and I see lots of good players that don't need it. Conversely lots of bad players don't make it work.either. I have also heard that some really good players don't want the competition of other good players in a platoon, which is contrary to your opinion (unless it is the reason for this proposal!). 

Also just for the record I don't think that your figures earlier were particularly representative of the job that matchmaker does or how it does it. We know that platoons are matched first (which I think creates the effect I described from last night, and is.probably the closest you will get to what you are asking for). 

If you truly believe that all forumers band together to form Red Purple platoons to destroy non forum platoons of Green Tomatoes which hurts your stats then consider getting out there and making some friends or form a clan of likeminded others to go and redress the balance. I do think you are wrong though. I don't think my ability to platoon hides the "truth" from me, but I think maybe you are reading too much into coincidences that you see and mistaking them for truth. 

I hope sharing my experiences helps.  :)

My opinion is he doesn't really have enough experience playing in platoons with good or bad players especially really good players and is just spouting about bad experiences.

x_BAlN_x #191 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 60491 battles

View PostCarb0nDroid, on 14 November 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Wow!

It's coordinates are the server with the highest pop.

EdwardSt #192 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2487 battles
No need to separate players. As a solo player I like the idea to play in a game where skill gap means more but it wont just work in only positive way. Platoons players will stuck at a hall waiting for being called to play. Its a bad decision for developers and we all understand it.
Instead here we go again - matchmaker! That mechanism what ever they done with it yet just doesn't do a job it has to manage. It doesn’t work as it should to make fair balanced matches.
We cant ask to make MM take a skill into an account - no go for random matches. But what they can actually do is to apply more precise rules for platoon matches.
It was written countless time on this forum I’m sure but here are just some basic improvements.
Single tier vehicles within platoon (exception for just some pmm vehicles)
Match a platoon with another with vehicles strictly same class and tier. No 5HT vs 2LT+3MT, no VIII platoon vs VI platoon and so on.

Skill level of majority of players is just not good enough to make them able to adapt to any random match setup. It would be a great game if all players really could but they cant, sily. So matchmaker should be adjusted to bring into matches setups more tier and class balance which initially helps players to compete more effectively.
But developers do anything but work on improving matchmaker. As we players can see it through published updates at least.

Improved matchmaker = better and more comfort game for ALL players.
Steamrolls will be anyway unless all players learn how to play right. MM just should make all possible to not let steamroll happen only because of unfair balanced tiers and classes.

matematicalone #193 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2880 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 13 November 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Some really deep s#it

Also tagged with matchmaking, solo play, plattons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users