Solos and Patoons should have different matchmaking

matchmaking solo play plattons

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Poll: Solos and Patoons should have different matchmaking (91 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Different matchmaking for solo and platoons?

1. Yes (30 votes [32.97%])

Percentage of vote: 32.97%

2. No (61 votes [67.03%])

Percentage of vote: 67.03%

Vote Hide poll

steelheadclan #41 Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15618 battles
  • [REAL]
Tiara bordello is a negative Nancy. 

Afro Palestine #42 Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57037 battles
  • [HKC]

Platoons already get a different match making.   If you are in a platoon, you tend to get placed into more difficult situations.

Naturally the machine is not foolproof.   Yesterday had the privilege of being on a team with a FIVE man Ram 2 patoon.     The reds had FIVE man Tiger 131 platoon.

Game over in about... 5 minutes.

PLR65 #43 Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:09 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36479 battles
  • [GBR]
You can’t have a poll on platoons on the forums

It’s a waste of time

The better players realized years ago that platoons allow them to further improve their well above average win rates because of the inherent flaw in having squad play within a random selection of players

And WGC ignore the issue of platoons and the MM and rather encourage players to platoon

It took them years to sort out fail platoons. Have never addressed 4-5 man platoons despite not being allowed on PC. Have never properly addressed mismatched tier platoons despite Paingod himself saying that he’d put in a ticket during a weekly post a year or so ago.

So just accept it’s The World of Platoons. Sometimes it works for you and sometimes against you. Overall it probably balances out but it can be terribly frustrating at times.

Pit Friend #44 Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33614 battles
  • [PTATO]
Better idea is to just fix the MM so that it puts even numbers tiers of tanks on both sides.  

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

TiagoBarriga #45 Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7833 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 13 November 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

Better idea is to just fix the MM so that it puts even numbers tiers of tanks on both sides.  

That is the basis, there is no need to poll, i think everyone already agree with that one! or may be not, since alot of players dont like equality
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

killer etzi0 #46 Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59025 battles
  • [47R]
I voted no, all that needs to happen is MM needs to balance each team with the same tier Platoon, it's not rocket science.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

PLR65 #47 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:17 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36479 battles
  • [GBR]
1st game in tonight

5 man red platoon v 4 man green platoon

That’s 9 out of 30 platooned

Red platoon takes 4 of top 5 places

Green team platoon does not

Enter 2nd game 11 platooned players over 5 platoons

WGC developers - just play your own game and realize what’s happening with your World of Platoons

deadman1921 #48 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29417 battles
  • [-STO-]
Played last night and literally me on green was only one not platooned and one red. Everyone else was in one.
I have a screenshot if I need to prove it.

Not complaining though. Just doesn’t happen to me very much.

It was very quiet.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

f1mitku #49 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 48105 battles

Yes.

Platooning is just a legit cheat. And also a silly excuse for WG for the unfair MM. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

M4ntiX #50 Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30196 battles
  • [JOCO]

Yes platoons need to be eradicated! This platoon tyranny has been going on for too long! Platoons are bad for the game because they make people play with their friends! Those bastards. This is a team game, goddamn it! There is no place here to play with friends, only with team! Ideally random team! Enough with the unfair coordination and tactics and bullying poor, clueless solo players who can't seal club in peace! Clan battles need to be banned too! Come to think of it, ban the clans altogether, they promote platoon play and platoon play is bad because reasons! You people who can pick platoons apart solo, you have a separate server too! Hackers! Game is unfair and too hard! Needs to be fair and easy. All have to drive same tank, on same map, at same time, in circles, foreeeeeevaaaa!

So... did I read the vibe of this thread right, or did I miss something?

I'm sorry, but you're not actually expecting me to be serious after reading all this nonsense, do you? :)

You know how we often complain WG is disconnected and doesn't listen to the community? Yeah, this ain't it. Eot.

* MY TEAM IS ALWAYS MADE BY MONGOL TRISOMIC STYLE PLAY LIKE NO BRAIN! *

* I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here. * For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact. *

* 4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you. * Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens. *

JelliedPenny08 #51 Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16364 battles

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 12 November 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

yesterday i got a team with a squad of 5 players, they all had the FV215b (183), i think it should not be allowed

I don't think splitting the playerbase under most circumstances is a good idea. It will just break things further. I'm also not a fan of blanket approaches like this, that are poorly thought out and then set in stone. They tend to have far broader  consequences than the limited set of irresponsible behaviours they were trying to prevent. 

View PostPLR6unforseen5, on 13 November 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

It’s a waste of time

The better players realized years ago that platoons allow them to further improve their well above average win rates because of the inherent flaw in having squad play within a random selection of players

And WGC ignore the issue of platoons and the MM and rather encourage players to platoon

It took them years to sort out fail platoons. Have never addressed 4-5 man platoons despite not being allowed on PC. Have never properly addressed mismatched tier platoons despite Paingod himself saying that he’d put in a ticket during a weekly post a year or so ago.

So just accept it’s The World of Platoons. Sometimes it works for you and sometimes against you. Overall it probably balances out but it can be terribly frustrating at times.

In my experience I see far more Fun platoons than Doom Platoons. I think most players platoon for fun and to improve their gaming experience, than to improve their gaming performance. I think the same is true of people playing the same or similar tanks - they are doing it to play together rather than to bring a larger number of OP tanks together. There are obvious exceptions, but I think they are the minority. 

SaltyMcD #52 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:02 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 21793 battles
I’ve noticed less platoons on PS na server over the last couple weeks .  4 and 5 men platoons are almost extinct.

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

John Arrowsmith #53 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 79228 battles

View PostSalty_Tanker, on 13 November 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

I’ve noticed less platoons on PS na server over the last couple weeks .  4 and 5 men platoons are almost extinct.

perhaps they have joined the 360 Master race.:P

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

Carb0nDroid #54 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24015 battles

View PostPLR65, on 13 November 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

It’s a waste of time

This is the sad reality.

Unfortunately, a lot of good players are not upset that the game is unfair, unsportsmanlike at the moment.  Many of them think they are playing very well but the truth is that they are only taking advantage of a bad system to the detriment of others.  Apparently they don't want a fair game.

And the bigger problem is that WG doesn't want fair game.

steelheadclan #55 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15618 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostSalty_Tanker, on 13 November 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

yea, they’re pretty rare now. 

I don’t have any problems with platoons except arty platoons. 

CatSnipah #56 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27219 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostCarb0nDroid, on 13 November 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

This is the sad reality.

Unfortunately, a lot of good players are not upset that the game is unfair, unsportsmanlike at the moment.  Many of them think they are playing very well but the truth is that they are only taking advantage of a bad system to the detriment of others.  Apparently they don't want a fair game.

And the bigger problem is that WG doesn't want fair game.

Are you a product of the public school system, by chance?

CatSnipah #57 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27219 battles
  • [BNKR]

So let me make sure I understand this....

Those opposed to platoons want an ONLINE MULTIPLAYER VIDEO GAME ON PLATFORMS GEARED TOWARDS SOCIAL INTERACTION to eradicate the option for friends to play together because you "feel" that it's unfair. 

Did I get that right?

CatSnipah #58 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27219 battles
  • [BNKR]

Are there other games that prevent friends from pairing up against the general player population?

My experience is fairly limited, as I tend to really only play 1 or 2 games at a time, and when I find something I like, I stick with it thru the life cycle.

Gears of War in various titles. Battlefield in various iterations. WoWs PC. All of these allow friends to pair up and play in the general player population.

Carb0nDroid #59 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24015 battles

View PostCatSnipah, on 13 November 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

So let me make sure I understand this....

Those opposed to platoons want an ONLINE MULTIPLAYER VIDEO GAME ON PLATFORMS GEARED TOWARDS SOCIAL INTERACTION to eradicate the option for friends to play together because you "feel" that it's unfair. 

Did I get that right?

Check the title pls!

M4ntiX #60 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30196 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostCarb0nDroid, on 13 November 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Check the title pls!

Ok, so I tried Solos when I visited the West Coast but tell me, how are the Patoons?

* MY TEAM IS ALWAYS MADE BY MONGOL TRISOMIC STYLE PLAY LIKE NO BRAIN! *

* I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here. * For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact. *

* 4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you. * Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens. *

Also tagged with matchmaking, solo play, plattons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users