Matchmaking Platoons Fix

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Red Dough Boy #1 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27427 battles
  • [APG]

As the topic says here we go again beating a sufficiently dead horse. Matchmaking in a purely online game is among the top priority for player retention, PC has tried a few different iterations and while they may not be perfect they are a far sight better than what we have which is a +2/-2 spread that starts as early as tier 3 with +2/-1 which is horrible, and eventually gets to the best matchmaking at tier 10 with -2 only. There is a reason why so many people get to tier 10 and stop grinding. The "we can't implement this or that yadda yadda," debate is tired and pointless, we can improve on things and change them from what PC has tried. 3/5/7 is a much better alternative than 10/3/2 that exists all too often. Ten top tier tanks will steamroll everything else, it's possible to place on top of the board as a bottom tier tank but less experienced players will all too often not be able to and even as an experienced player having to fight long odds every game gets tiresome. At that point you might as well put tier 10's only in some matches, there's no reason to put a handful of tier 8's against a horde of the most dangerous tanks in game. As well as ratcheting up the difficulty when your top tier tanks do little more than handicap you by putting zeros on the board, or one shot worth of damage. 

Another thing is platoon and premium matchmaking. Why implement a new system of forcing platoons to be the same tier when at tiers 8-10 they will see the same tanks? When a tier 8 joins a tier 9 the chances of them seeing tier 6 or 7 are less likely than seeing tier 8-10. And also why force platoons to be the same tier if you can void PMM? If a platoon leader picks a tank with pmm it should keep that guideline, meaning that other members could pick tanks one tier down. A one tier platoon spread wouldn't kill matchmaking, letting platoon members pick a tank two tiers under would cause problems though. Especially with something like artillery, pulling a tier 9 arty into a tier 10 platoon is not going to break anything. 

If I only had a Baneblade....

SlagInGristle #2 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34374 battles
  • [6SIC6]
The silence is deafening 
:bush:

Red Dough Boy #3 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:43 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27427 battles
  • [APG]

View PostSlagInGristle, on 17 November 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

The silence is deafening 

Yeah, considering it's the main issue killing the game. Most every game has shady selling practices, but when the game itself is nigh unplayable or just not fun it's going to suffer. 

Larimus #4 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50940 battles
  • [IVXX]
I don't mink the +2, and even like it with my low tier light tanks.  Its a lot easier to spot for artillery damage among tier fives and sixes that don't race around like tier threes.   Tier 5 tanks can compete with sixes and sevens.   HOWEVER, I don't play my tier eight mediums and heavies at all, except for the mediums with preferential matchmaking.  There is no way that my tier eight heavies can compete when they are thrown into the tier ten lobby.  These are the tanks I paid for because they were cool, but now are unplayable.  (9 tier tens and me!)  I very much enjoyed the +1 event where my tier eights stayed away from tier ten and I got wiped out for my lack of skill- not because I couldn't pen the front of the competition and they obliterate me with one shot.  Is there any way to install +1 matchmaking for tier 8 mediums and heavies as a permanent thing and leave the rest alone?  And please, don't tell me to "Git Gud"  Thanks!
Come possiamo volare con le aquile se siamo contornati da tacchini? - Zucchero

Come Dio è il mio testimone, ho pensato dei tacchini potrebbero volare!!! - Arthur Carlson, WKRP

PERMINATOR1 #5 Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:34 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25356 battles
Suggestion for weekend op/mm trial.  Player selected option for 50 percent xp earn for an even mm preference 75 percent, xp earn for +1 and 100 for +2.  There's a trial run to see where everyone's heart's really at.  Pick it once for the whole weekend. Not sure what would happen to que times but otherwise?????  Reasonable accommodation?  I'm in the "it's always been this way" +2, so i don't mind it club.  Feels good to have a nice game 2 tiers down.   Does nothing for the other mm issues mentioned,  real or imagined.

hexine #6 Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24635 battles
just add bots at lower tiers to balance it out and it would be fine, more tier 3 means more tier 5 players which means more tier 7 players and it will all work out

Yoshadow414 #7 Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14384 battles
  • [BNSTY]

Your trade in is messed up I have waited for this bulldog yet to trade in defender for it I will not pay it as your fair game play is still broken fair is far from how this game has S. H. I. T. T. Y.rating because of those 360 modders you let in with xbox 1 player here let make pc able to play with xbox too seeing as they have app there too so either even swap my tank or forward me the 830 gold for a tank and crew untouched I will not pay it for a broken A. S. S. game like this that ratings get shittier by the year so do we need forum to rip or is your website going to solve my problem now

Red Dough Boy #8 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:41 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27427 battles
  • [APG]

View PostYoshadow414, on 22 November 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

Your trade in is messed up I have waited for this bulldog yet to trade in defender for it I will not pay it as your fair game play is still broken fair is far from how this game has S. H. I. T. T. Y.rating because of those 360 modders you let in with xbox 1 player here let make pc able to play with xbox too seeing as they have app there too so either even swap my tank or forward me the 830 gold for a tank and crew untouched I will not pay it for a broken A. S. S. game like this that ratings get shittier by the year so do we need forum to rip or is your website going to solve my problem now

If English is your first language you should try punctuation, makes a long statement easier to read. 

View PostLarimus, on 20 November 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

I don't mink the +2, and even like it with my low tier light tanks.  Its a lot easier to spot for artillery damage among tier fives and sixes that don't race around like tier threes.   Tier 5 tanks can compete with sixes and sevens.   HOWEVER, I don't play my tier eight mediums and heavies at all, except for the mediums with preferential matchmaking.  There is no way that my tier eight heavies can compete when they are thrown into the tier ten lobby.  These are the tanks I paid for because they were cool, but now are unplayable.  (9 tier tens and me!)  I very much enjoyed the +1 event where my tier eights stayed away from tier ten and I got wiped out for my lack of skill- not because I couldn't pen the front of the competition and they obliterate me with one shot.  Is there any way to install +1 matchmaking for tier 8 mediums and heavies as a permanent thing and leave the rest alone?  And please, don't tell me to "Git Gud"  Thanks!

I don't mind +2/-2 either, so long as the top tier tanks aren't the heavy majority of the match. Under tier 5 should be favorable matchmaking for new players though, rather than adding bots make it a better experience for new players overall. That's where +1/-1 is needed permanently, otherwise it's a temporary fix like a band-aid without the permanent fix this game needs of having better matchmaking that doesn't just toss tier 8 players into a match where their whole role is to die. Pretty much every tier will be stomped if the majority of the enemy team is the highest tier in the match, tier 5 dies against a horde of 7's, tier 6 dies against a horde of 8's, some tier 7's can hold off a couple tier 9's but not a mass of them. 

Also tagged with Matchmaking, Platoons, Fix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users