Drop Commander Mode

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Curious Dan #1 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:06 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33016 battles

Wargaming, there are many more important aspects of WOT to improve. 

- Matchmaking imbalance 

- New maps (p.s. remove Pilsen)

- New tanks

- Artillery re-work

- Premium ammo fix (275 HESH pen)

Please stop wasting resources on Commander mode. It splits the community and dilutes matchmaking. Nobody cares about Commander mode leaderboards. I'd rather earn those free rewards from playing the WOT I've enjoyed for 5 years. 

M4ntiX #2 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30026 battles
  • [JOCO]

Drop it? No, I disagree. They've already spent time and resources developing this mode and got it to a playable stage. Leave it be. It's a welcome change from everyday multiplayer and doesn't hurt the main game, imo.

I honestly didn't think I will ever say this, but it's nice to relax and play a few Tanker battles without having to try hard and worry about carrying the game. Down a beer, shoot some bots in the face, earn some silver, chill. it's cool, I kinda like it. Plus, the rewards are really good. 9x Camo Vouchers, Premium Time, Premium Tanks? Let's go!

* MY TEAM IS ALWAYS MADE BY MONGOL TRISOMIC STYLE PLAY LIKE NO BRAIN! *

* I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here. * For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact. *

* 4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you. * Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens. *

RUNNINGDUDE1 #3 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:37 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24116 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 13 November 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Drop it? No, I disagree. They've already spent time and resources developing this mode and got it to a playable stage. Leave it be. It's a welcome change from everyday multiplayer and doesn't hurt the main game, imo.

I honestly didn't think I will ever say this, but it's nice to relax and play a few Tanker battles without having to try hard and worry about carrying the game. Down a beer, shoot some bots in the face, earn some silver, chill. it's cool, I kinda like it. Plus, the rewards are really good. 9x Camo Vouchers, Premium Time, Premium Tanks? Let's go!

Damn right. After the [edited]infesting the mp, I'd rather play the mode and get in points plus its good to train your crew in tanks that you can rent.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #4 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24116 battles

View PostCurious Dan, on 13 November 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

- Matchmaking imbalance

- New tanks

- Artillery re-work

Please stop wasting resources on Commander mode. It splits the community and dilutes matchmaking. Nobody cares about Commander mode leaderboards. I'd rather earn those free rewards from playing the WOT I've enjoyed for 5 years.

And the mode gives you a lot of good rewards like premium time and some tanks. Why not take advantage of it

Tempest fox3 #5 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21039 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostCurious Dan, on 14 November 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

- Matchmaking imbalance 

- New tanks

- Artillery re-work

I care about commander mode. I love it. 

Also, if you think dropping commander mode would mean more resources for the things you mentioned you're delusional. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Ditch Doc #6 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20586 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 14 November 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

This is the way I feel too. Kudos to WG for working and tweaking this mode until it finally feels relaxing, fun, mildly rewarding and not like you’re wasting your time. Plus, I feel like they are probably using this to create bot behavior which mimics player behavior. There may come a day when this matters. But mainly, they’ve finally got the silver and xp payoffs to a point where this doesn’t feel like wasted time. But the main perk for me is, it’s fun to play a bunch of tier 8s and know they will not be bottom tier.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly.

”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked.

”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

De4thSt4lker206 #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12065 battles
  • [BEACH]

just played it for the first time today. i enjoyed it. feel like it is underappreciated.  i only played as tanker, but the thought of being a commander is interesting as i do play quite a bit o f RTS. the controls are something i would be concerned about though. 

plus it was nice raking in an easy 60k 3 games in a row with premiums and not having to contend with tier 10s.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

TiagoBarriga #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:58 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7779 battles
It's one more thing to unecessarly split players without balancing a single thing. The rewards are quit good although
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

Ditch Doc #9 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20586 battles
Honestly, yeah, it splits people out of the multiplayer pool. But the truth is, I played more today because of this mode and the rewards I wanted. I like having lots of different objectives to fulfil with different tanks. So I feel it is a way that WG can keep customers in their game. Right now I’m playing multiplayer, because I got my goals accomplished in CDR Mode. I don’t think it costs them players in the long term.

Edited by Ditch Doc, 14 November 2019 - 03:05 AM.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly.

”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked.

”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

MegaHesh #10 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23353 battles
You do not understand, this is the future of this game)
WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

R35T NO MORE #11 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:02 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16093 battles
  • [BNKR-]
I'm not minding it to be fair, it's nice to be not getting nuked by arty. Still have to carry alot but don't mind, there's no stress to the mode. Easy way m to eanr autumn points too. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

RadiantPup27709 #12 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28065 battles

It's absolutely nothing but a waste of dev time and resources. It also splits what is already a small playerbase into 3 seperate modes.

FinlandRed #13 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21738 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 14 November 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

I'm not minding it to be fair, it's nice to be not getting nuked by arty. Still have to carry alot but don't mind, there's no stress to the mode. Easy way m to eanr autumn points too. 

Got to agree. It's a nice way of learning a new Tier VIII and trying out new stuff without the added stress of having to stuff the engine deck full of taters.

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

It's absolutely nothing but a waste of dev time and resources. It also splits what is already a small playerbase into 3 seperate modes.

Three modes?

LiteralComic635 #14 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 491 battles

The last opener was painful with the extreme lack of XP earnings. The whole mode is a work in progress and not awesome yet, but I can deal with the Tanker mode,  Commander is not so great to me anyway, but today I tried just going with the free tanks and Commander mode went very poorly. If I run out of Tanker points I might have to use my own tanks for Commander mode but hopefully it will not come to that.

Solid B- this time around but as others have said, fairly chill.

ChubbyBuckle06 

RUNNINGDUDE1 #15 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24116 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

How is it a waste when the mode gives you premium time, extra gold, silver boosts, and consumables without having to deal with the [edited]storm in mp?

Vampire_Izumi #16 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles
  • [LEONI]

commander mode is nice when you keep getting awful teams in MP,

get a awful team? then become your entire team in commander mode :D

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

RadiantPup27709 #17 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28065 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 14 November 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

How is it a waste when the mode gives you premium time, extra gold, silver boosts, and consumables without having to deal with the [edited]storm in mp?

I said that it's a waste of the devs time, not your time. All they had to do was implement those rewards into mp. They didn't have to go and waste time creating a ½ assed rts mode.

RadiantPup27709 #18 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28065 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 14 November 2019 - 04:36 AM, said:

Three modes?

- Commander

- War Stories

- Multiplayer

1, 2 and 3.

pilotguy79 #19 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17696 battles
  • [LIP]

I say keep and develop it more. It can be fun. the teams in MP are terrible. So why invest time in that part. No amount of tweaking mm will fix bad players.

maybe they develop commander mode into a spin off or a campaign like command and conquer. 

Vampire_Izumi #20 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

They didn't have to go and waste time creating a ½ assed rts mode.

it is not 1/2 [edited] if they put in time to make it/adjust it and to change things to make the experience better. they legitimately tried to make the mode fun for both Commanders and Tankers and even increased earnings in the mode to do so. 

half-[edited]
/ˈhafast/
adjective
INFORMAL

1. done with little effort or care; incompetent or inadequate.

them asking for feedback and trying to make the mode better. shows that they care about it.

Example: first few commander modes you could not:
    • choose your own tank as tanker, 1 would be randomly chosen for you. 
    • choose your own tanks as commander.

i also think if i remember correctly it used to  be only Commander vs Commander for a wile? (correct me if i am wrong)

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 14 November 2019 - 09:17 AM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users