• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

RadiantPup27709 #21 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28419 battles

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 14 November 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

it is not 1/2 [edited]

It is. Especially when compared to any other rts title.

Vampire_Izumi #22 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28211 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

It is. Especially when compared to any other rts title.

but this is a gamemode, not a RTS title.

also, if it does not fit your standards, then dont play it :P

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 14 November 2019 - 09:27 AM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

RadiantPup27709 #23 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28419 battles

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 14 November 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

but this is a gamemode, not a RTS title.

also, if it does not fit your standards, then dont play it :P

:facepalm:...

Ollimat99 #24 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37148 battles
  • [PHNX-]

IMO its also complete waste of recources... The game needs to improved in so many ways and they dump developing time into something, noone in my entourage of wot players gives a pile about... 

@MaxChaos im realy interestet in how much of the playerbase actually has done more then 10 battles in commander mode...

Its so simple.. If there isnt a significant amount of players who play this mode enough to earn money on, just drop it.. its not smart to work something out thats on lifesupport from day one on...

Other then that, the main game still needs improvement way more serious..

The teambalancing thru matchmaking is just nightmareish... Wild mixings of TDs, Heavys, Meds, Lights and Arta... I stopped making screenshots of games wehere the Matchmaker one the game from the moment the teams wehre build... 5 Men Tier X Heavy Tank plattoon gets matched against a 4  Men Tier 8 Med Plattoon while your team gets one Tier X less and the other Tier Xs are two Meds a Arta and a TD... Sounds like fun if there ist something special good on your team in tearms of player quality.. 

But hey its for the "tactical variation wealth" right... 

Also Tank balancing is completely off...

Map balancing is off...

Map rotation is off... Playing an evening for example :Severogorsk, Icebound, Severogorsk, Abbey, Ardennes (wich by the way is a horrible map) and Severogorsk ... Again... Pure nightmare... I remember times i havent seen Wadi for example a whole week or two...

Colissions, Texture renderings.. What the flying F... Countless times you try to scrape a corner or a ridge an your shot disapears into a miracle white aimcircle an splashes right in front of your crosshair...

Accuacy stats.. Its a absolute useless Stat, cuz tanks like Grille, close to all Centurions, Sharpshooter aso are depending on accuracy, but it doesnt have enough weight to make the tank useable... A gun with 0.3 acc doesnt feel that much better than a gun with 0.38... 

Enough here... Im losing myself..

There is so much potential in this game.. Still after all this years... You dont need to waste time in a RTS mode wich most of the community didnt ask for...

FatGummyhead #25 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12097 battles
Get great at One thing before you move on to the next.......

FinlandRed #26 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21858 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

- Commander

- War Stories

- Multiplayer

1, 2 and 3.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that there aren't that many people playing WS religously over MP and if you binned it they'd probably just leave.

Agree that they should be trying to fix the MM as priority although experience has shown that the spreadsheet says it's ok so nothing is going to be done.

Personnally, at this point, I'm resigned to the fact they've killed a great game with their hubris and am going to ride this baby down until it hits a mountain or WoT 2.0 appears.

MaximusBoonie #27 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66038 battles
This is what we get when they shut the servers off. That's my tinfoil story and I'm sticking with it.

bigpikle #28 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26631 battles
Nice break from multi player mode. I play tanker as I find the commander controls a bit cumbersome. Once I  exhaust all tanker ops for this run, I might give it another shot. Wish there was a commander training ground to practice in before jumping into battle. The commander would train a week before the ‘real’ stages against bots. Thoughts?

WESTW33ZY #29 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14807 battles
I like this mode for no stress tanking or for letting a friend/relative have a go on the game, yesterday my nephew earned me pts and silver and i didnt get angry because he died in 1 min lol instead he actually had fun and helped me

Twitter @WESTW33ZY

RUNNINGDUDE1 #30 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24561 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

I said that it's a waste of the devs time, not your time. All they had to do was implement those rewards into mp. They didn't have to go and waste time creating a ½ assed rts mode.

And that would make the mp just as worse. Cm is a better way to earn points for the current op

RUNNINGDUDE1 #31 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24561 battles

View PostOllimat99, on 14 November 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

IMO its also complete waste of recources... The game needs to improved in so many ways and they dump developing time into something, noone in my entourage of wot players gives a pile about... 

@MaxChaos im realy interestet in how much of the playerbase actually has done more then 10 battles in commander mode...

Its so simple.. If there isnt a significant amount of players who play this mode enough to earn money on, just drop it.. its not smart to work something out thats on lifesupport from day one on...

Other then that, the main game still needs improvement way more serious..

The teambalancing thru matchmaking is just nightmareish... Wild mixings of TDs, Heavys, Meds, Lights and Arta... I stopped making screenshots of games wehere the Matchmaker one the game from the moment the teams wehre build... 5 Men Tier X Heavy Tank plattoon gets matched against a 4  Men Tier 8 Med Plattoon while your team gets one Tier X less and the other Tier Xs are two Meds a Arta and a TD... Sounds like fun if there ist something special good on your team in tearms of player quality.. 

But hey its for the "tactical variation wealth" right... 

Also Tank balancing is completely off...

Map balancing is off...

Map rotation is off... Playing an evening for example :Severogorsk, Icebound, Severogorsk, Abbey, Ardennes (wich by the way is a horrible map) and Severogorsk ... Again... Pure nightmare... I remember times i havent seen Wadi for example a whole week or two...

Colissions, Texture renderings.. What the flying F... Countless times you try to scrape a corner or a ridge an your shot disapears into a miracle white aimcircle an splashes right in front of your crosshair...

Accuacy stats.. Its a absolute useless Stat, cuz tanks like Grille, close to all Centurions, Sharpshooter aso are depending on accuracy, but it doesnt have enough weight to make the tank useable... A gun with 0.3 acc doesnt feel that much better than a gun with 0.38... 

Enough here... Im losing myself..

There is so much potential in this game.. Still after all this years... You dont need to waste time in a RTS mode wich most of the community didnt ask for...

So what if nobody asked for it? Why can’t a game have more than just one mode to play on? The rewards are nicer and you get some free tanks.

Curious Dan #32 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33724 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 14 November 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

And the mode gives you a lot of good rewards like premium time and some tanks. Why not take advantage of it

I specifically said I would rather earn those rewards playing regular matchmaking. I dont have any interest in fighting bots...

RUNNINGDUDE1 #33 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:11 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 24561 battles

View PostCurious Dan, on 14 November 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

I specifically said I would rather earn those rewards playing regular matchmaking. I dont have any interest in fighting bots...

You haven’t seen regular mm these past days have ya? It’s a total nightmare and I like this mode simply to relax. Why cry about it when you don’t even need to play it? It’s simple as that. Away with the negative nancy attitude there man 

De4thSt4lker206 #34 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12065 battles
  • [BEACH]

played the commander side toady and i honestly quite liked it.  the controls brought back feelings of good ole halo wars, and the tactical side kept me constantly in the thick of it. it was like being in a very close 1v1 all game, making the moves for 9 tanks at once. one match i was essentially fighting all 3 flanks of a normal battle at once.

and the strategic side is interesting, I was just one tank shy of a full set (though i ultimately dropped my lone TD becuase it was terrible (S1) and way worse than the auto-assigned ones (skorpions).

i built it with 3 fast heavies to allow for quicker response, as I don't own a tier 8 heavy with stupid-proof armor like a VK100 or Defender (Caernarvon, Paladin, T26E5) 3 mediums (Bellerophon, 4202 (p), King Dragon) because they are all about the same speed and have good armor, the 2 auto-assigned TDs (skorpions, bots need the turret to do anything) and my Hollunhund to scout/harass.

i generally stayed away from the zerg rush tactic, preferring to instead try and fight as conventionally as possible. won 3 of 5 too. I enjoyed it very much, reminded my a lot of ol' multiplayer battles in Total War:Rome II that I used to play, where you win by outmanuvering.

I would ask, is there a way to see what tanks the enemy have exactly though? i can't seem to see them in the big map screen.

Edited by De4thSt4lker206, 15 November 2019 - 02:24 AM.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

MiikwanXxXiis #35 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22596 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 November 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

It's absolutely nothing but a waste of dev time and resources. It also splits what is already a small playerbase into 3 seperate modes.

I would like to see other things worked on but it only took the event team to make it. All the resources already existed.

Ollimat99 #36 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37148 battles
  • [PHNX-]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 14 November 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

So what if nobody asked for it? Why can’t a game have more than just one mode to play on? The rewards are nicer and you get some free tanks.

Why? All this stuff exists only to make you play this trash... Its a lure... "Come on little tanker, here we have so free stuff you can earn, so we dont get punished from our ceo for wasting time on an game mode that drags players away from our main game wich suffers more and more from a declining playerbase"...

Its a waste of time. They should do improvement updates more frequently instead of playing bakery in a sandbox..

They intoxicatet the playerbase with Merc tanks, they intoxicatet the playerbase with reskinns, they intoxicatet the playerbase with f%#$ed up ranked battles more than one time... Why in hell are they interestet in pulling away players fromntheyr main game into that mode? Its because they made a wrong decission to put time and effort in it. It failed, and now they tey tondrag you in to play this nonsense to justify the money and time spent on it, so they dont get punished from the people who sign theyr paychecks...

Im gettin more and more annoyed from Max and Rai and the way they treat on us...

They can be happy Doom E. has been delayed.. Otherwise i would not have been taking another 180 days of premium time..

pilotguy79 #37 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17696 battles
  • [LIP]
Will this commander mode be a full on part of wot eventually? I’d like that. It’s nice to have variety. When teams become painfully bad, I just jump over to commander.
The option keeps me playing. People complain about everything it seems.

isic #38 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25002 battles
  • [SHART]
I actually like the commander mode. Also, the rewards are nice!

steelheadclan #39 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles

Meh

its easy silver and points for bravo. 

LandrewCarlson #40 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35814 battles
  • [SKB]
I concur with Dan, I wrote it off after it messed up my filters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users