Autumn Bravo Op

grind

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

f1mitku #21 Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48000 battles
Finished with additional reward from the final war chests - the British FV201. 
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

JediAL78 #22 Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19246 battles

549 points.

Will complete it tonight.

List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

motor sw #23 Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14804 battles
  • [STRV]
I´m around 500pts. This OP is the only thing keeping me in the game currently (the fear of missing out is real), will most definitely take a break when I´m finished. 

JediAL78 #24 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19246 battles

View Postmotor sw, on 18 November 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

I´m around 500pts. This OP is the only thing keeping me in the game currently (the fear of missing out is real), will most definitely take a break when I´m finished. 

I'm exactly the same.

I can't wait to get Autumn Charlie out the way and then yes, a well deserved break.

Spoiler

bigpikle #25 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24968 battles
35 points per day + daily first win point, switch over to commander mode, rinse, repeat, was done last Wednesday... Was also running the Bigtop contract and stage 7 provided 3 premium days, got another from a war chest and 7 more from commander op. Piling up the silver for the upcoming sale. I know I’ll be running tanks with no equipment nor supplies for the next while...Happy Tanking

FinlandRed #26 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21738 battles

View PostMashed, on 15 November 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

I think I'm at around 400 points, I'm just completing the daily ops, then switching to Modern Warfare.

I'm having more fun playing that than Wot at the moment.

Same here. 332 points and no enthusiasm for it.

tvcigar #27 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21519 battles
Finished it with 3 hours of premium time remaining.   Won a JigTig in one of my boxes.   Will buy more premium time on black friday. 

redshadowrider #28 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37619 battles

View Postmotor sw, on 18 November 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

View PostJediAL78, on 18 November 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

I'm exactly the same.

I can't wait to get Autumn Charlie out the way and then yes, a well deserved break.

This stands as the longest grind I have done for a free tank.    :facepalm:
I'm just saying.....

motor sw #29 Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14804 battles
  • [STRV]

View PostJediAL78, on 18 November 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

I'm exactly the same.

View Postredshadowrider, on 19 November 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

Yes indeed. It have not been particularly hard or anything but it grew very tedious over the year. Break needed. Burn out imminent.

I´m not ungrateful, but another format would be appreciated, I really can´t motivate myself for a another year if there ever is one.

JediAL78 #30 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19246 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 19 November 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

View Postmotor sw, on 19 November 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Yes indeed. It have not been particularly hard or anything but it grew very tedious over the year. Break needed. Burn out imminent.

I´m not ungrateful, but another format would be appreciated, I really can´t motivate myself for a another year if there ever is one.

Exactly.

don't get me wrong, I think the way the OPs have been done this year has been brilliant, and the rewards are excellent, can't complain about any of it (free silver, free gold, free camo, free emblems, free flags, crews, you name it, we've had it).

And it's a clever strategy by WG to keep you playing their game for the whole 12 months. The downside is, yer, I'm totally burnt out, didn't help that I did the Chisel contract as well at the same time (never doing another one of those, even for the Machine). 

I finished Autumn Bravo last night with 1 game played in the Chisel, I then turned it off and played battlefield 5 instead.

If WG do the same format of OPs next year, I will probably participate, but I won't be committed to the whole 12 months (like I have been this year), it's just too much.

It stops being fun in the end and becomes a chore (to be honest that's more directed at the Chisel contract as opposed to the monthly OPs, but still).

Spoiler

Albapfalzd3 #31 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 19 November 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Actually it's for 5 Free Tanks. You get a free tank for each season and then one for the year (provided you finish the OPs). I really like how it works as you do not have to do anything except play the game. The points will just come. One can usually finish all the daily OPs within 10 to 12 matches and with how quick matches are now a days that usually doesn't take very long. The OPs that wear me out are these Tier X Mercenary OPs. Those can be brutal.

Roy

redshadowrider #32 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37619 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 19 November 2019 - 06:31 AM, said:

Actually it's for 5 Free Tanks. You get a free tank for each season and then one for the year (provided you finish the OPs). I really like how it works as you do not have to do anything except play the game. The points will just come. One can usually finish all the daily OPs within 10 to 12 matches and with how quick matches are now a days that usually doesn't take very long. The OPs that wear me out are these Tier X Mercenary OPs. Those can be brutal.

Roy

That is true, and I too like the new way the OPs are done.  WG does deserve credit for keeping me playing.  The big question for me is what they will do next.  I don't want a change in the way OP's work, but another year long one?....not so sure.  :teethhappy:

I'm just saying.....

nash66 #33 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8528 battles

View PostJediAL78, on 19 November 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Exactly.

don't get me wrong, I think the way the OPs have been done this year has been brilliant, and the rewards are excellent, can't complain about any of it (free silver, free gold, free camo, free emblems, free flags, crews, you name it, we've had it).

And it's a clever strategy by WG to keep you playing their game for the whole 12 months. The downside is, yer, I'm totally burnt out, didn't help that I did the Chisel contract as well at the same time (never doing another one of those, even for the Machine). 

I finished Autumn Bravo last night with 1 game played in the Chisel, I then turned it off and played battlefield 5 instead.

If WG do the same format of OPs next year, I will probably participate, but I won't be committed to the whole 12 months (like I have been this year), it's just too much.

It stops being fun in the end and becomes a chore (to be honest that's more directed at the Chisel contract as opposed to the monthly OPs, but still).

I am at 487 points and will finish tonight....but i currently have 97000 to finish the grind for the Chisel:facepalm:.

Am a little burnt out so will take a break after the Autumn Charlie campaign.

HikenFly #34 Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10537 battles

I feel like most of you. Doing just the required battles to complete all daily OP's and all daily doubles for the Chisel.

Feels like another job and as soon as it is done I switch to other games where I have actually fun.

On one side it is good that WG try to keep the game alive with these monthly OP's, but if they would fix instead the well known & adressed main issues you would not need any free tanks, OP's etc.. to "convince" us to play the game. But from what I understood out of the 24h Marathon stream we could not expect major changes, corrections, optimizations.

So I guess similar OP's will follow next year, but at least there will be no new Mercenaries available. If you have allready all your desired Mercs you could at lest relax on this side.

Albapfalzd3 #35 Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

View PostHikenFly, on 19 November 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

I feel like most of you. Doing just the required battles to complete all daily OP's and all daily doubles for the Chisel.

Feels like another job and as soon as it is done I switch to other games where I have actually fun.

On one side it is good that WG try to keep the game alive with these monthly OP's, but if they would fix instead the well known & adressed main issues you would not need any free tanks, OP's etc.. to "convince" us to play the game. But from what I understood out of the 24h Marathon stream we could not expect major changes, corrections, optimizations.

So I guess similar OP's will follow next year, but at least there will be no new Mercenaries available. If you have allready all your desired Mercs you could at lest relax on this side.

Your right, it shouldn't be just the OPs that keep one interested in playing, it sounds as if many are playing just to complete the daily OPs and then moving on. If the game isn't fun then WHY complete the OPS to begin with. The fact that you guys are not having fun with the game speaks of something else fundamentally wrong. Are you grinding tanks, building crews, working on MOEs or Ace tankers? Or is it the fundamentals of the game that are dragging you down, crappy MM, huge RNG swings, Terrible Map rotation, Sky Cancer  or loopy physics just to name a few. Me I am still grinding away at quite a few lines and that is keeping me interested for the moment although I didn't play at all last night because I just didn't feel like it.

Roy

FinlandRed #36 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21738 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 19 November 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Your right, it shouldn't be just the OPs that keep one interested in playing, it sounds as if many are playing just to complete the daily OPs and then moving on. If the game isn't fun then WHY complete the OPS to begin with. The fact that you guys are not having fun with the game speaks of something else fundamentally wrong. Are you grinding tanks, building crews, working on MOEs or Ace tankers? Or is it the fundamentals of the game that are dragging you down, crappy MM, huge RNG swings, Terrible Map rotation, Sky Cancer  or loopy physics just to name a few. Me I am still grinding away at quite a few lines and that is keeping me interested for the moment although I didn't play at all last night because I just didn't feel like it.

Roy

I've been trying to do a few MoEs. Can't face grinding out new lines. Not bothered with with the Swedes or the Italians. Did the Machine contract and definitely don't fancy trying to do the Chisel.

The game itself is getting me down. The endless rubbish MM and daft RNG. Nevermind having to play with such mentally challenged weirdoes. Frankly if it wasn't for teh guys I platoon with I'd have given up by now.

motor sw #37 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14804 battles
  • [STRV]

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 19 November 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Roy

I can only speak for myself, but the issue is how the OPS or contracts are deigned in combination of the fear of missing out, i.e cheap tricks to keep me playing (I´m also at fault for keep playing tough).

The tanks I want (279e or high tier mercs) are locked behind timed events or contracts that requires me to play a certain amount per day to acquire them.

Since I´ve already started the grind I´m reluctant to stop. To stop would feel like I´ve done the grind for nothing (besides all the XP boosts and quarterly rewards).

If the time constrains were removed I could grind at my own leisure without having to play just because I have to in order to complete the contracts of OPS. Being able to take breaks now and then would alleviate the feeling that the OPS and contracts are chores because they are there for a limited time only. It´s a cheap trick to keep players active in my opinion.

Besides the things I mentioned above it´s just the same old story with un-addressed issues. The lack of content (maps), balance passes, RNG swings and the MM. Don´t get me wrong, I really like WoT but the game could be so much better, even if it´s starting to show it´s age.

Also tagged with grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users