Jump to content


Just a heads up, black tanks are available via trade in


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

R35T NO MORE #1 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16084 battles
  • 23,179
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013
Just logged on and saw that they available via trade in and can be bought with gold too for those interested. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


John Arrowsmith #2 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 79070 battles
  • 16,059
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Do you have the banshee?     

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


R35T NO MORE #3 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16084 battles
  • 23,179
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 19 November 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Do you have the banshee?     

 

I do. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18598 battles
  • 7,430
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
They get rarer every day!!

JelliedPenny08 #5 Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16167 battles
  • 4,526
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

Isn't Black Friday on the 29th?

So the Black tank trade in finishes before that (25th). Read into that what you will...

 

Is the Black Is-6 any good any more? Might wait on the new tank stats.



R35T NO MORE #6 Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16084 battles
  • 23,179
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 19 November 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Isn't Black Friday on the 29th?

So the Black tank trade in finishes before that (25th). Read into that what you will...

 

Is the Black Is-6 any good any more? Might wait on the new tank stats.

The IS-6 is very long in the tooth now, for the most part I imagine it will have to use alot of prem shells nowadays and even then there are some tanks it sees now that it will really struggle against. When it comes to PMM tanks FCM50t is the heavy I'd recommend as that tank is pretty daft now. 

 

 


My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


KilledByPing #7 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15920 battles
  • 2,264
  • [ENVY]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2017

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 19 November 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

Just logged on and saw that they available via trade in and can be bought with gold too for those interested. 

 

Gorynich getting ignored once again.

All other premiums is available in both regular and re-skin versions, but not Gory...Even most expensive and FREE Fatherland (there were atleast 2 times when players could earn it)  is still available, but not Gory...

Let the frustration continue.



ATHFjman18 #8 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18598 battles
  • 7,430
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 19 November 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

Isn't Black Friday on the 29th?

So the Black tank trade in finishes before that (25th). Read into that what you will...

 

Is the Black Is-6 any good any more? Might wait on the new tank stats.

 

I weep when playing the IS-6. Perhaps the 75% XP bonus of the black edition might lessen the blow, but it just isn’t fun to play anymore when tanks like the Patriot, Defender and Skorp G, etc etc can clobber it. 

Albapfalzd3 #9 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22898 battles
  • 2,888
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

View PostATHFjman18, on 19 November 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

I weep when playing the IS-6. Perhaps the 75% XP bonus of the black edition might lessen the blow, but it just isn’t fun to play anymore when tanks like the Patriot, Defender and Skorp G, etc etc can clobber it. 

 

Add the FV201(A45) to that list of old tanks that have been severely power crept over the years and not buffed sufficiently to keep up. Still like you said with a 75% XP bonus it may be worth visiting in hopes that it's short comings will be addressed in the future. 

 

Roy



Vampire_Izumi #10 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27503 battles
  • 3,322
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 19 November 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

The IS-6 is very long in the tooth now, for the most part I imagine it will have to use alot of prem shells nowadays and even then there are some tanks it sees now that it will really struggle against. When it comes to PMM tanks FCM50t is the heavy I'd recommend as that tank is pretty daft now. 

 

 

 

all IS-6 tanks i see i usely can pen right through the upper plate in my tier 8s.

     A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


Tempest fox3 #11 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21023 battles
  • 18,369
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 19 November 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

The IS-6 is very long in the tooth now, for the most part I imagine it will have to use alot of prem shells nowadays and even then there are some tanks it sees now that it will really struggle against. When it comes to PMM tanks FCM50t is the heavy I'd recommend as that tank is pretty daft now. 

 

 

 

The IS6's Armour doesn't hold up and there are same tier tanks that it struggles to pen with prammo. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

LordWilliam71 #12 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:59 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13643 battles
  • 521
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2015

I so want to get the IS-6 Black but it might be the biggest victim of power creep among the black tanks. There really is no reason to get it. Even the T-34-3 Black has better premium ammo and is quite the little brawler. 

 

The FV201 Black does surprisingly well as support. Don't expect to lead the charge with it but I've had some really good games in it.

 

I was thinking of the T34 Black since I got the regular T34 through Twitch last year. I traded it in but it was fairly enjoyable. Of course with the Patriot is there really much reason for the T34 Black other than the look and the training bonus? Hmmmm....



Vampire_Izumi #13 Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27503 battles
  • 3,322
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostLordWilliam71, on 19 November 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

I so want to get the IS-6 Black but it might be the biggest victim of power creep among the black tanks. There really is no reason to get it. Even the T-34-3 Black has better premium ammo and is quite the little brawler. 

 

The FV201 Black does surprisingly well as support. Don't expect to lead the charge with it but I've had some really good games in it.

 

I was thinking of the T34 Black since I got the regular T34 through Twitch last year. I traded it in but it was fairly enjoyable. Of course with the Patriot is there really much reason for the T34 Black other than the look and the training bonus? Hmmmm....

 

in my opinion the best ones you could get are:

1. STA-2 Black Edition or Lowe Black Edition.

2.T34 Black Edition

3. AMX CDC Black Edition

4.T-34-3 Black Edition

5. FV 201 (A45) Black Edition

6.IS-6 Black Edition


Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 19 November 2019 - 04:43 PM.

     A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


RELIC x #14 Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26817 battles
  • 1,256
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

<sigh>   I waited a long time for the STA-2 Black to get back in the trade program, but somehow convinced myself they wouldn't put the black tanks out there again.  Silly me.

 

Just last week I bought the STA-2 on a 50% off deal.  Oh well, at least it was cheap, and it was all gold from ops and free chests.



Vampire_Izumi #15 Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27503 battles
  • 3,322
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostRELIC x, on 20 November 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

<sigh>   I waited a long time for the STA-2 Black to get back in the trade program, but somehow convinced myself they wouldn't put the black tanks out there again.  Silly me.

 

Just last week I bought the STA-2 on a 50% off deal.  Oh well, at least it was cheap, and it was all gold from ops and free chests.

 

i actually did that exact thing a wile ago, i wanted the senshi but did not think it would go up for sale and bought the Sta-2. then the senshi went up on sale for 50% off if i remember correctly and i bought that and then a bit later the sta-2 black edition became tradable and i traded for that.

and that is how i ended up with 3 sta-2s :D


Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 19 November 2019 - 04:59 PM.

     A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


CatSnipah #16 Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27076 battles
  • 5,445
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 19 November 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Do you have the banshee?     

 

Awesome little tank. Fits my play style to a t.

JelliedPenny08 #17 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16167 battles
  • 4,526
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

Thanks for the opinions chaps, I'm trying hard to not get the IS. I do like the idea of Pmm, but even in tier 8 battles it can find Defenders and Skorpions. Stupid really as I have held out for all these years. 

 

For those considering Black tanks the T34 is still a force to be reckoned with. She isn't very mobile, but the turret and gun can still handle themselves well in tier 10 battles. It does what it does well, even though current games seem to be more fast paced. Same for the Lowe which is as good as it always was (not really better with buffs because the game has also moved on, but no worse) .  

 

I would be tempted to say that if you can handle the play styles of those tanks then they can all still work. However whether they are worth it in an age of easy boosts is questionable. T-34-3 is fun, but can be hard to use and is massively expensive compared to McDragon or Legion which also get good multipliers and handle better . 

 

As for the others I do have duplicates thanks to warchests, upgrading the Twitch T34 to Black, etc. I will say that I think you get focussed a lot less and it is easier to do well in the regular versions than the Black ones. Just an opinion. However if you got the regular version at 50% , but were willing to get the Black version at full price, then you can trade it in without losing out. It does make the regular versions look like a steal when on offer though and  black friday bundles are close. 

:)


Edited by JelliedPenny08, 19 November 2019 - 11:42 PM.


TocFanKe4 #18 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21071 battles
  • 24,460
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostCatSnipah, on 19 November 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

Awesome little tank. Fits my play style to a t.

 

I love that thing. 

 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


hurfenurbler #19 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:27 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 19638 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

Sorry if this is a stupid question.  When I view a tank I'm interested in, and select the trade-in tab, do I get credit for the amount of gold shown for my traded tank on this screen, or do I get half the amount shown?

 

Thanks!



Joco3000 #20 Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:12 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26596 battles
  • 28,180
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Posthurfenurbler, on 20 November 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question.  When I view a tank I'm interested in, and select the trade-in tab, do I get credit for the amount of gold shown for my traded tank on this screen, or do I get half the amount shown?

 

Thanks!

No, that's the amount that you would have to pay. 

 

Let's say you're looking at the Löwe Black, and you offer up something like a Nomad. It would still require you to add on another 6k gold or so.

 

Black tanks are expensive. 

 

Just an FYI, you will never get a gold refund on a trade-in. Always silver. 


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users