43 replies to this topic

TocFanKe4 #21 Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21278 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostMPC 2117, on 20 November 2019 - 01:22 AM, said:

What a waste of money 

I make enough money that the time I save not grinding stock packages is worth more than the money I spend to skip stock grinds.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Unglued2008 #22 Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36311 battles
Most people who got lucky with warchests may be getting their free XP for a 70% discount, if they received 50K in gold out of a 99.99 bundle.  Half off on gold and 28% off on free XP.  For example.

MPC 2117 #23 Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17991 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 November 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

I make enough money that the time I save not grinding stock packages is worth more than the money I spend to skip stock grinds.

You could've also spent that same money on something tangible that you enjoy and have full control of, like a classic car or firearm. Those are far better things to invest in as they teach you more and more valuable information/skills the further you indulge yourself in such hobbies.

WoT on the other hand teaches no practical skills, and thanks to WG's abandonment of historical values you gleen no useful information or facts. Even worse than that is the fact that you have zero control over what your investment in WG goes too. Will it be spent on developing new war stories? Perhaps a new mercenary tank? Who knows? Certainly not you, because WG's transparency as a company is about as clear as a clogged oil filter.

WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...

MASHMAN 90 #24 Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:57 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37797 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 21 November 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

You could've also spent that same money on something tangible that you enjoy and have full control of, like a classic car or firearm. Those are far better things to invest in as they teach you more and more valuable information/skills the further you indulge yourself in such hobbies.

WoT on the other hand teaches no practical skills, and thanks to WG's abandonment of historical values you gleen no useful information or facts. Even worse than that is the fact that you have zero control over what your investment in WG goes too. Will it be spent on developing new war stories? Perhaps a new mercenary tank? Who knows? Certainly not you, because WG's transparency as a company is about as clear as a clogged oil filter.

At the same time, people could spend it on Drugs and other negative things. It's down the Player what they spend their money on. I wouldn't ever Buy Free XP or War Chests but i respect those that do, equally i respect those who don't. But when people spend money it keeps the game free for people for people like myself which i thank them for. I have spent money but the investment for me has to be there as i don't get a lot of money so anything i buy has to be worthwhile :)

TocFanKe4 #25 Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21278 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostMPC 2117, on 21 November 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

I enjoy tanks.  I enjoy drinking beers and shooting tanks in this game. For me, buying classic cars or firearms is a waste of money.  I wouldn't enjoy them and they'd sit in a garage or case collecting dust.  I have a limited amount of time to play this game, so I pay to skip stock grinds.  I don't want to waste my limited time playing a nerfed tank

By applying your way of thinking, anyone that shoots their firearm collection outside of hunting for food or protecting themselves is wasting their money shooting at a target.  Anyone that drives their classic car unless they are going to and from work or the food store is wasting their gas money.  Any endeavor by a human outside of survival can be seen as a waste of money by someone else.  Why go to an art exhibit?  Why travel to a new location when you don't need to travel for survival? 

Because you think an endeavor is a waste of money, doesn't mean it's a waste for someone else. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, 21 November 2019 - 04:40 PM.

MPC 2117 #26 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17991 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 21 November 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

At the same time, people could spend it on Drugs and other negative things. It's down the Player what they spend their money on. I wouldn't ever Buy Free XP or War Chests but i respect those that do, equally i respect those who don't. But when people spend money it keeps the game free for people for people like myself which i thank them for. I have spent money but the investment for me has to be there as i don't get a lot of money so anything i buy has to be worthwhile :)

Guy.....did you seriously just compare firearms and cars to drugs? That's idiotic. You've completely missed the point. To clarify, if you were to purchase a car or firearm, you have a tangible item, that when all is said and done, you still own.

If you buy something like free xp, or in your case drugs for some reason, you will be left with nothing but an addiction and a ruined body. Free xp of course grants you truly nothing but a few hours of playtime saved. Not much more to say on that.

As for supporting the game, that's a good point. The problem is that no one outside of WGCB has any idea where or what those funds are supporting. I know I'm not alone when I say I wouldn't have spent a dime had I known things would end up like this ridiculous mercenary garbage, and poor game balance with reskins galore.

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 November 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I enjoy tanks.  I enjoy drinking beers and shooting tanks in this game. For me, buying classic cars or firearms is a waste of money.  I wouldn't enjoy them and they'd sit in a garage or case collecting dust.  I have a limited amount of time to play this game, so I pay to skip stock grinds.  I don't want to waste my limited time playing a nerfed tank

By applying your way of thinking, anyone that shoots their firearm collection outside of hunting for food or protecting themselves is wasting their money shooting at a target.  Anyone that drives their classic car unless they are going to and from work or the food store is wasting their gas money.  Any endeavor by a human outside of survival can be seen as a waste of money by someone else.  Why go to an art exhibit?  Why travel to a new location when you don't need to travel for survival? 

Because you think an endeavor is a waste of money, doesn't mean it's a waste for someone else. 

Sounds like you're really trying to cheapen the word endeavor, as sitting on a couch playing video games requires extremely little effort.

I'm really not sure you even know how to properly enjoy yourself if cars and guns hold literally no interest for you, but those were just two of many examples. I'm also of absolute certainty that your interpretation of my 'way of thinking', is extremely far off the mark.

All I really said is paying money for something you can get for free, is a waste, especially when both things are digital entities. You could very easily play the game for free, and use the money you saved by doing so on equipment for a day at the range, gas for cruising around and finding new places, or whatever else suits your interests.

When you buy free xp, you just minimize your playtime....so you can have more playtime. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me.

Otis Z Firefly #27 Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:05 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21823 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 23 November 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Guy.....did you seriously just compare firearms and cars to drugs? That's idiotic. You've completely missed the point. To clarify, if you were to purchase a car or firearm, you have a tangible item, that when all is said and done, you still own.

If you buy something like free xp, or in your case drugs for some reason, you will be left with nothing but an addiction and a ruined body. Free xp of course grants you truly nothing but a few hours of playtime saved. Not much more to say on that.

As for supporting the game, that's a good point. The problem is that no one outside of WGCB has any idea where or what those funds are supporting. I know I'm not alone when I say I wouldn't have spent a dime had I known things would end up like this ridiculous mercenary garbage, and poor game balance with reskins galore.

Sounds like you're really trying to cheapen the word endeavor, as sitting on a couch playing video games requires extremely little effort.

I'm really not sure you even know how to properly enjoy yourself if cars and guns hold literally no interest for you, but those were just two of many examples. I'm also of absolute certainty that your interpretation of my 'way of thinking', is extremely far off the mark.

All I really said is paying money for something you can get for free, is a waste, especially when both things are digital entities. You could very easily play the game for free, and use the money you saved by doing so on equipment for a day at the range, gas for cruising around and finding new places, or whatever else suits your interests.

When you buy free xp, you just minimize your playtime....so you can have more playtime. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me.

Do everyone a favour, take your holier than thou attitude and feck off! Sanctimonious prat.
Ordo ab Chao.

TocFanKe4 #28 Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21278 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostMPC 2117, on 22 November 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

I'm spending money to not drive a tank with a broken gun and engine. I have maybe 5-6 hours a week to play on average. I'm not going to waste that. I value having fun in the little time I have to play. Some of these stock grinds really suck. To me, it's a waste to spend time not having fun grinding some of these bad stock packages. 

It's up to each person to decide if their time or their money is worth more. My time is worth more unless it's a fun stock package. I save my free XP for packages, but sometimes I need to spend a little to get through a bad one.

I'm not converting free XP to minimize play time. I'm doing it to maximize the time I'm having fun. Maybe you have enough time to do those grinds so it's a waste for you. It's not a waste for me.

MPC 2117 #29 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17991 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 22 November 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Do everyone a favour, take your holier than thou attitude and feck off! Sanctimonious prat.

Take a look in the mirror guy, you might just see a pot that speaks of black kettles.

View PostTocFanKe4, on 22 November 2019 - 11:57 PM, said:

I'm spending money to not drive a tank with a broken gun and engine. I have maybe 5-6 hours a week to play on average. I'm not going to waste that. I value having fun in the little time I have to play. Some of these stock grinds really suck. To me, it's a waste to spend time not having fun grinding some of these bad stock packages. 

It's up to each person to decide if their time or their money is worth more. My time is worth more unless it's a fun stock package. I save my free XP for packages, but sometimes I need to spend a little to get through a bad one.

I'm not converting free XP to minimize play time. I'm doing it to maximize the time I'm having fun. Maybe you have enough time to do those grinds so it's a waste for you. It's not a waste for me.

Why not just play a better game?

Otis Z Firefly #30 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21823 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 24 November 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Take a look in the mirror guy, you might just see a pot that speaks of black kettles.

Why not just play a better game?

You've come here to judge people spending money on a hobby/pass time. The main purpose of a hobby is to enjoy it, it doesn't need to be productive.

People have different ideas of fun, don't think your fun is any more important than another persons. So, no I'm not being hypocritical.

Ordo ab Chao.

MPC 2117 #31 Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17991 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 24 November 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

You've come here to judge people spending money on a hobby/pass time. The main purpose of a hobby is to enjoy it, it doesn't need to be productive.

People have different ideas of fun, don't think your fun is any more important than another persons. So, no I'm not being hypocritical.

Yes, you are being hypocritical. At no point did I pass my own personal judgement upon anyone here(aside from you of course), all I did was state my thoughts on buying something that can be obtained without cost, was a waste. If you have a problem with me disagreeing with your own opinion and think you can put words in my mouth, feel free to go join your antifa brethren.

Otis Z Firefly #32 Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21823 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 25 November 2019 - 03:01 AM, said:

Yes, you are being hypocritical. At no point did I pass my own personal judgement upon anyone here(aside from you of course), all I did was state my thoughts on buying something that can be obtained without cost, was a waste. If you have a problem with me disagreeing with your own opinion and think you can put words in my mouth, feel free to go join your antifa brethren.

You stating your thoughts is in itself a passing of judgement.

View PostMPC 2117, on 21 November 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

What is this, if not a judgement?

I wouldn't presume to tell people how, and on what to spend their money.

Edit: Judge, verb, form an opinion or conclusion about.
So we are clear on what judge means in this context.

Ordo ab Chao.

MPC 2117 #33 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17991 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 24 November 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

You stating your thoughts is in itself a passing of judgement.

What is this, if not a judgement?

I wouldn't presume to tell people how, and on what to spend their money.

Edit: Judge, verb, form an opinion or conclusion about.
So we are clear on what judge means in this context.

Trying to be a smartass with me will only get you burned.

In that very same post you quoted, you'll see I used the word "COULD've", as in 'could have'. If I had told someone what they SHOULD have done, that would be judgemental. Offering someone a suggestion is not being judgemental, it's simply offering other avenues of action for comparison.

I'm also glad I don't live in whatever world you are in where voicing opinions counts as judging people.

Otis Z Firefly #34 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21823 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 25 November 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

Trying to be a smartass with me will only get you burned.

In that very same post you quoted, you'll see I used the word "COULD've", as in 'could have'. If I had told someone what they SHOULD have done, that would be judgemental. Offering someone a suggestion is not being judgemental, it's simply offering other avenues of action for comparison.

I'm also glad I don't live in whatever world you are in where voicing opinions counts as judging people.

That would be telling them what to do, an order if you will. You don't seem to understand, let me help. Judge, verb, form an opinion or conclusion about.

Ordo ab Chao.

MASHMAN 90 #35 Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:45 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37797 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 23 November 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

This, Spend money the way you like (long as you have enough to live on). In this game theres money and time, you can either spend your life on this game like me or go out, be social and pay for what you missed. You can do both of course.

I've spent around £120 of my own money in 5 years, that's £120 more than i spent on any other free game (other than Ships but that's another WG Title) and i'd only spend it on Premium Tanks but players like to spend it on different things. This Black Friday i've actually prepared myself for once and going to treat myself as i'm usually always saving money but almost never spend it.

Going to spend £50 on this game for Black Friday (Gift Card i got 3 weeks ago for my Birthday) probably on the T-34-100 and hoping for SU-130 PM in one of those 70% off bundles (Or a great TD Bundle) and got £40 for other things, Plus i'll get a Free £5 from MS Rewards (Main will go on Tanks for an additional 1250 Gold) and Alt will go on Warships for 1250 Doubloons and i'll still have £60 for XBL + Games throughout the year (+ i'll save more over time).

MASHMAN 90 #36 Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:48 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37797 battles
Forgot to mention, my last purchase was the Ariete Progetto when it was released :)

MASHMAN 90 #37 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:11 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37797 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 23 November 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

It was an example, nothing more but i stand by what i said, theirs worse things to spend money on, then again theirs better ways to spend money also but it's down to the player. If Tanks makes him happy then that should be fine. It isn't negative.

You don't like Mercs that's fine, I do, as love my Sharpshooter. Game Balance could be a lot better, fully agreed and reskins doesn't bother me as you don't have to buy them but more original tanks would be good.

Truthful thing you said was, we don't know where that money goes. That's true.

MPC 2117 #38 Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17991 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 24 November 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

That would be telling them what to do, an order if you will. You don't seem to understand, let me help. Judge, verb, form an opinion or conclusion about.

We could argue semantics all day antifa boy, but the fact remains that where I merely gave my argument exposition, you tried to shout me down and get me to leave.

How about instead of blindly attacking others on their views, you actually back up your own view point.

Otis Z Firefly #39 Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21823 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 25 November 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

We could argue semantics all day antifa boy, but the fact remains that where I merely gave my argument exposition, you tried to shout me down and get me to leave.

How about instead of blindly attacking others on their views, you actually back up your own view point.

That's because you don't seem to understand what these words mean.

I've already put forward my view that I wouldn't tell someone how and on what to spend their money. 

Ordo ab Chao.

JARL VARYAG #40 Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10070 battles

View PostMPC 2117, on 20 November 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

That desire is better described as mental illness. Why you ask?

WoT on console is not a fun game and has been on the decline for a while now, and you can unlock all TT tanks without spending money. So even if you do spend money you'll only be hastening the inevitable situation of having everything unlocked in a game that isn't fun, and is doomed with no future because it cannot adapt to players interests.

You are clearly just here to troll. Get out.

My honor is loyalty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users