• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Merun #1 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

This is a theoretical thread.

I am not a asking it to be done! I just want to know, if it would be technically possible?

Would it be possible, to make a WoT Console version for the original Xbox and make crossplay with the other Xboxes available on it?

How would it look?

How large would be the needed Disk and Hard Disk space?

If developers see this, I would love them to speculate too.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

Just a german guy who loves to play weird tanks.

Playing on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Tanks to kill: 73(11 T, 8 M, 54 P)

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21043 battles
  • [JOCO]

It wouldn't be possible. Not without significant downgrades to.... Well.. Everything.

Game mechanics would have to be toned down, maps would have to be considerably smaller. Probably less tanks. 

Most smartphones have significantly better hardware specs than the OG Xbox these days and they had to have wot blitz made especially for them. If you want an idea of how it would look, look at wot blitz and then half the map sizes and overall game detail. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Joco3000 #3 Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26628 battles
  • [JOCO]

The original Xbox servers have been closed down for nearly a decade at this point.

That would rule out crossplay, no?

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Merun #4 Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostJoco3000, on 19 November 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

The original Xbox servers have been closed down for nearly a decade at this point.

That would rule out crossplay, no?

Well, yes. But imagine putting an Xbox next to the game servers and directly connect them via LAN, would that be possible?

Merun #5 Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12380 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostTempest fox3, on 19 November 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

It wouldn't be possible. Not without significant downgrades to.... Well.. Everything.

Game mechanics would have to be toned down, maps would have to be considerably smaller. Probably less tanks. 

Most smartphones have significantly better hardware specs than the OG Xbox these days and they had to have wot blitz made especially for them. If you want an idea of how it would look, look at wot blitz and then half the map sizes and overall game detail. 

Even if the game would look graphically like an SNES game, wouldn't the Xbox be able to handle the rest with its resources? 

Tempest fox3 #6 Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21043 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostMerun, on 19 November 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Even if the game would look graphically like an SNES game, wouldn't the Xbox be able to handle the rest with its resources? 

The graphical downgrade is obvious. 

The Xbox 360 already struggles with our current map sizes due to its 512mb ram not really being enough. This has lead to larger maps being cut from the game, a simplified alternative version of Ruinberg. The OG Xbox only has 64mb of Ram. 

The spotting system would likely have to revert to the older non-instant version where it only runs spotting calculations every few seconds instead of all the time due to the weaker processing power. 

Could it be done? Yeah probably. 

Would it be worth the sacrifices? No.

It would be easier to port blitz. But even then, why bother? There would be no market for it. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Red Dough Boy #7 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27475 battles
  • [APG]

There must be some old tank game for the original Xbox, you'd be better off with that. Original Xbox is too old and would hinder the Xbox One even more if it had to crossplay with it. 

I understand the question and theory, but it's about the equivalent of comparing a new smart phone to a flip phone or old brick Nokia. 

I did find this if you need a tank game for the OG Xbox. 

If I only had a Baneblade....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users