Cross-play tanks mercenaries

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Spacewolf1 #81 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20191 battles

View PostMerun, on 22 November 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

My Girlfriend is often on vacation in a country, where the normal worker gets around 35$. Not per hour, not per day, not per week. Per month. 120 bucks is a fortune for these people.

Lol

And you REALLY think that people pay for Xbox Live Gold, Premium account and Premium tanks ? This people isn't a 360 WoT player. 

ProPAINdelivery #82 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12124 battles
  • [B0NE]
Just throwing ideas out here not trying to bash anyone here. 

matematicalone #83 Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2749 battles

View PostProPAINdelivery, on 23 November 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Just throwing ideas out here not trying to bash anyone here.

Your idea was fine, nothing wrong with it. Consoles are not essential for everyday life, person who enjoys having one will find resources to buy one. The story about 360 and not having money to upgrade simply doesn't hold any water. 360 owners still have to pay monthly fee to MS for multiplayer games. I'm not sure how much it is, but for example on PSN you don't have to buy premium account to play free muptiplayers like WoT. Hence selling 360 and buying for instance PS4 would actualy save you money over a period of time. Used PS4's are not expensive.

Akumahito #84 Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20343 battles
  • [0UCH]

View PostSpacewolf1, on 23 November 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Lol

And you REALLY think that people pay for Xbox Live Gold, Premium account and Premium tanks ? This people isn't a 360 WoT player. 

who says they are buying anything but live?

Plus there is a whole range of socio economic people in between these and you.... it's still a lot of money

Spacewolf1 #85 Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20191 battles

View PostAkumahito, on 23 November 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

who says they are buying anything but live?

Plus there is a whole range of socio economic people in between these and you.... it's still a lot of money

If they buy nothing --> no Xbox Live Gold --> can't play WoT.

If they buy nothing --> no benefit for WG, only cost for maintain the game --> WG is an enterprise, not a charity association, if there was the case, they would have stopped 360 without hesitation.

So, no, this players have the money for change.

The only valid argument is the fear to lose their save and purchase. Actually there is little information that you get your backup on Xbox One (which includes all your purchased premium tanks). Apart from asking the question on the forum, it is not indicated anywhere. WG can put a popup on title screen "we stop 360 support in 1 month, your save and purchase are automatically imported to Xbox One".

dzhey43 #86 Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:13 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29720 battles
  • [3EBC]

View PostAkumahito, on 22 November 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

Dont look at this as just the bigger countries of the world.  The 360 install base is spread around the entire world in all sorts of socio economic areas.  "Just 120 to 150 buck" is still A LOT of money to some people and upgrading isn't so easy.

- Others maybe they dont play other games and shelling out for a new console to just play 1 game maybe not their idea of well spent either

- There are multitudes of reasons to not upgrade

WG is a business and they are pretty steadfast in their support of the 360.  I imagine they've at least made a business decision based on the size of the 360 install base to justify not leaving them.  360 users must be big enough to make it make business sense.

I recently asked cm's on discord and they answered around 8% of all wot players. So it is 16% of all xbox players. That is big. Some of my friends play on xbox360 and they play only wot. The funny thing is once someone upgrades he plays wot much much less because so many new games there. That is not that simple for wg as many here thinks "it is time to drop x360". Not yet)

Spoiler

DiluteBump4 #87 Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17784 battles
  • [EESTI]

360 has less bells and whistles to obscure the aim of a gun. Which is important - especially in ardennes.

But yeah. Today Ill be sinking ships and hunting ps4 captains

Der Nachtgieger #88 Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42960 battles
  • [ALKI]

View PostSpacewolf1, on 24 November 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

If they buy nothing --> no benefit for WG, only cost for maintain the game --> WG is an enterprise, not a charity association, if there was the case, they would have stopped 360 without hesitation.

The only valid argument is the fear to lose their save and purchase. Actually there is little information that you get your backup on Xbox One (which includes all your purchased premium tanks). Apart from asking the question on the forum, it is not indicated anywhere. WG can put a popup on title screen "we stop 360 support in 1 month, your save and purchase are automatically imported to Xbox One".

I started on xbox360 and its the same account (everything is tied to your gamertag). So when someone gets an xbox one you just sign in with your gamertag download wot and start the game. Apart from looking better on xbox one there is no difference. 

Akumahito #89 Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20343 battles
  • [0UCH]

View PostSpacewolf1, on 24 November 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

You dont get it.  Even if 360 players buy nothing, they are still populating the servers creating more diversity of players making it easier to get matches etc, etc.

360 or One X it doesnt matter there is no need to transfer anything it all saved under your Microsoft account not platform generation 

matematicalone #90 Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2749 battles

View PostAkumahito, on 25 November 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

You dont get it.  Even if 360 players buy nothing, they are still populating the servers creating more diversity of players making it easier to get matches etc, etc.

360 or One X it doesnt matter there is no need to transfer anything it all saved under your Microsoft account not platform generation

I think Spacewolf1 made a valid point. 360 players are a part of server pop, that's not the question. The argument was introduced that 360 players only play this old console because they are poor and it's a budget problem (Third World countries etc).

Spacewolf1 made very reasonable counter-argument that 360 players HAVE TO PAY for Xbox Live Gold in order to play WoT MP games. The alternative I presented earlier would be to drop 360 and buy PS4 for example (I did that same thing a while ago). PS4 doesn't force you to buy Premium account on PSN to play free MP games like WoT, hence WoT is really FTP game on PSN. But they don't want to lose their progress, I get it. So buy used Xbox One.

Second argument is that used console nowdays costs in range from 80$-120$ (Xbox or PS4 whatever).

Third argument is that consoles aren't really essential for living, so if one wants to enjoy playing on console he has to come up with some resources and buy one. And spending doesn't stop there. Games cost money even if they are free to play like WoT, cause if you want to play MP you have to pay monthly fee to MS.

matematicalone #91 Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 2749 battles
It would be reasonable at this point for WG to announce a deadline for 360 support. Let's say 3 months or more but I don't see any need for more. Support should provide safe transfer of progress and transition to XBox One.

Akumahito #92 Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20343 battles
  • [0UCH]

View Postmatematicalone, on 25 November 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

It would be reasonable at this point for WG to announce a deadline for 360 support. Let's say 3 months or more but I don't see any need for more. Support should provide safe transfer of progress and transition to XBox One.

They've already promised multiple times to keep 360 running as long as Microsoft continues to support it...

- Now the crappy part for 360 owners is that Microsoft will never make any solid promise of how long that will be until a few months prior.

- The handwriting is pretty much on the wall though, New Generation consoles will Launch this time next year.  The 360 will be 19 years old.  I don't foresee Microsoft continuing to support 3 Generations of console, especially with Hardware thats two decades old.

Der Nachtgieger #93 Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42960 battles
  • [ALKI]

View Postmatematicalone, on 25 November 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Theres no need to provide anything from support like i said earlier. Its the same account as long as you are using the same gamertag.

MinionsMeister #94 Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9596 battles
  • [A4C]

View Postmatematicalone, on 25 November 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

I don't have a 360, never did. I only recently even bought an Xbox, maybe 18 months ago for my little one. I soon had two Xbox Ones after discovering WOT. In 18 months, I've heard the excuse that Sony is to blame and that the 360 is to blame. Sony apparently now allows cross platform play, so that argument is laid to rest, regardless of its validity at the time. I never saw any proof either way. Same thing with the 360, I haven't read one shred of proof, just a bunch of posters blaming it on the 360. So does anybody have any proof? Plus I tend to think they could still do cross platform play, even with the 360. They just might have to shunt the 360 to its own server or limit it to Xbox only, nothing new. Either way, new consoles from PS and MS are on the horizon, the 360 problem will solve itself in the next year.

JayNsilentBoom #95 Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

Private

• Players
  • 30330 battles
  • [-N-]

Can we get some stats about the numbers of players for WOT on xbox versus playstation?  I would like to know more about it.  Such as, the number of estimated players that would be retained through a crossplay update (and what the total would be).  Also, how it is estimated to affect gameplay?  Have the developers got any new updates from their meetings where they talk about these? 

Thanks,

JayNsilentBoom

leo gucci #96 Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 44703 battles
  • [ZULU]

View PostRaiBOT01, on 21 November 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

I wish I could answer your question.  Will Share information as soon as it becomes available (I could be stealthy cat ;) ).  Just know we are looking into joining the cross-play realm as well :).

easy to answer... KILL THE 360 it’s holding back EVERYTHING 

its bad enough that some of the terrain ie bushes DONT exist on the Xbox one to 360 ... now we can’t cross-plat because of that old crusty 360

leo gucci #97 Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 44703 battles
  • [ZULU]

View PostMinionsMeister, on 25 November 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

I don't have a 360, never did. I only recently even bought an Xbox, maybe 18 months ago for my little one. I soon had two Xbox Ones after discovering WOT. In 18 months, I've heard the excuse that Sony is to blame and that the 360 is to blame. Sony apparently now allows cross platform play, so that argument is laid to rest, regardless of its validity at the time. I never saw any proof either way. Same thing with the 360, I haven't read one shred of proof, just a bunch of posters blaming it on the 360. So does anybody have any proof? Plus I tend to think they could still do cross platform play, even with the 360. They just might have to shunt the 360 to its own server or limit it to Xbox only, nothing new. Either way, new consoles from PS and MS are on the horizon, the 360 problem will solve itself in the next year.

it’s all about technical difficulties buddy the 360 and Xbox one barely gets past , I’ll give you an example imagine you’re driving your trusty favourite light tank and your tired doing active spotting so you decide to give your thumb a rest by passive spotting by hiding in a bush now if your using an Xbox one the lovely bush that’s keeping you invisible might NOT exist on some enemies Xbox 360 , and if that enemy is in a light tank then he’s going to be able to see you as if you’re sitting in broad daylight in middle of nowhere!

long story short I loved my 360 but it’s time that we let it die gracefully 

TocFanKe4 #98 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostAkumahito, on 25 November 2019 - 06:54 AM, said:

They've already promised multiple times to keep 360 running as long as Microsoft continues to support it...

- Now the crappy part for 360 owners is that Microsoft will never make any solid promise of how long that will be until a few months prior.

- The handwriting is pretty much on the wall though, New Generation consoles will Launch this time next year.  The 360 will be 19 years old.  I don't foresee Microsoft continuing to support 3 Generations of console, especially with Hardware thats two decades old.

I have a feeling that the 360 servers will remain on for as long as Xbox One is supported.  It's backward compatible with a ton of 360 games.  Even if they don't update the 360 OS anymore, it's a trivial cost to keep the servers going. 

BTW, the 260 isn't 19 years old next year.  It will be 15 years old next year. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

TypedSquire9 #99 Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:36 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 423 battles

The #1 reason folks still play WOT on the 360 is it gives them an advantage.

Project Scarlett can’t come soon enough.

Until then maybe I should buy a used 360 instead of another year of Premium Time and load it up with WOT!

Also tagged with Cross-play, tanks, mercenaries

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users