• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Kebabsaurus Rex #21 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20242 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 03 December 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

You should avoid a rammer if your crew has Firefighting?

Either way, what does Firefighting has to do with view range?

firefighting was one of many perks I listed AFTER the view range skills - if you have firefighting, you can drop the extinguisher and run food

if you run food, you don't need optics but risk getting set on fire which will have significantly more impact if you dont have firefighting

Capn Ratchet45 #22 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22597 battles

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 03 December 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Definitely use the optics, view range is one of the best features of the tank and should be supported by the equipment. Without optics, a tier VIII medium tank with optics will have a better view range. You should also use a crew with Brothers in Arms and both view skills.

There is a maximum spotting distance of 445m and the M60 will reach it, however your view range will still counter the camouflage of red tanks. For example, if your tank's view range would come out exactly at 445m, you wouldn't actually spot any tank at that distance. You would spot very big tanks like the Waffenträger or the Type 5 at 443m or so, and all other tanks at decreasing distances depending on their camouflage rating.

Wotinfo has a camouflage calculator that appears to be pretty accurate, you should visit and play around with it. Example: A naked M60 will spot a T-100 at 347m, a maxed out one will spot it at 438m, close to a 100m difference.

The compund values seen in the garage are very often misleading, you should ignore them completely.

some of the best advice I've seen on this forum in a year. although I disagree with the lack of vertical.stabs. 

if you can run vertical stabs, you do. 20% to rng is a pretty big chunk to give up isn't it? although I haven't played the tank, I just find every tank misses less on the move with the stabs equipped.

I'm curious, any other tanks you don't prefer vertical stabilizer on? 

TiagoBarriga #23 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7834 battles
The max view range a tank can see is 445m but when it pass over 445 its not useless, after 445m it starts to reduce the enemies camo rating, especialy if they are behind bushs. Lets call 445m the max "distance" you can see, and when over that you see easier the ones with more camo rating. Now that being said, i do not think it is worth on tier binos on tier 10s, especialy m60 is a fast tank, if you realy want to invest more in vew range i would put optics instead, but it's just me
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

SirDerp-a-lot #24 Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57206 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostCapn Ratchet45, on 03 December 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

if you can run vertical stabs, you do. 20% to rng is a pretty big chunk to give up isn't it? although I haven't played the tank, I just find every tank misses less on the move with the stabs equipped.

Whatever 20% of RNG means, you are not giving it up for nothing, you are gaining something else.

View PostCapn Ratchet45, on 03 December 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

I'm curious, any other tanks you don't prefer vertical stabilizer on? 

There are some tanks that I re-equip occasionally, sometimes with, sometimes without stabilizer. Patton, Chisel, Leopard.

Also tagged with equipment, view range

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users