Object 279e...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

F1DrivingZombie #1 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11564 battles
  • [UNKWN]
So for one thing, we all know the tank is going to be nerfed to beyond useless at tier 10. But now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I just want to address the atrocity that is going to be matchmaking in January. By making the ops so easy throughout the year, I’d guess that if you played consistently throughout the year then you easily completed all of them, which therefore means you get the tank for free. On top of that, the 10% discount per stage completion will make it affordable for a lot of other players as well. I can say for sure I will not be touching tiers 8-10 for probably the entire month because there will be so many 279e’s ruining the matchmaker. I think WG needs to try to do something to the matchmaker to limit only the number of 279e’s in a single game. Not to mention I’m sure there will also be players that receive this tanks that still don’t have a tier 10, meaning not only will there be a ton of them in the matchmaker, but many players won’t have any idea how to actually play a tier 10 tank. Anyways, that’s my rant for the day, I just wanted to get this out there to get WG and everyone else thinking

Smaugone1 #2 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19292 battles
You forgot to complain about the other free premium tank you can earn.
REMEMBER-It's just a game.

Akumahito #3 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20619 battles
  • [0UCH]

View PostF1DrivingZombie, on 03 December 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

So for one thing, we all know the tank is going to be nerfed to beyond useless at tier 10. But now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I just want to address the atrocity that is going to be matchmaking in January. By making the ops so easy throughout the year, I’d guess that if you played consistently throughout the year then you easily completed all of them, which therefore means you get the tank for free. On top of that, the 10% discount per stage completion will make it affordable for a lot of other players as well. I can say for sure I will not be touching tiers 8-10 for probably the entire month because there will be so many 279e’s ruining the matchmaker. I think WG needs to try to do something to the matchmaker to limit only the number of 279e’s in a single game. Not to mention I’m sure there will also be players that receive this tanks that still don’t have a tier 10, meaning not only will there be a ton of them in the matchmaker, but many players won’t have any idea how to actually play a tier 10 tank. Anyways, that’s my rant for the day, I just wanted to get this out there to get WG and everyone else thinking

See I had the same revelation, so I ground out the Conqueror GC to rain Havoc on all the new Heavies littering the battle field, crushing the sweet dreams of all the plebes in their shiny new tier 10's.

CatSnipah #4 Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27219 battles
  • [BNKR]

I plan to do one of two things.

Completely avoid tiers 8-10 during the month of January (except for pref 8s).

Run my 8-10 lights with my platoon mates running arty. 

Schiavoser #5 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38719 battles
I'm getting the tank at 100% off, so I'll take it for a spin and get to know it a little. If it gets tiresome playing games when both teams are comprised of mostly Obj 279(e), then I might play arty or drive the FV4005 Stage II instead and drop bombs/HESH on heavies all day.

Pit Friend #6 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33602 battles
  • [PTATO]
I plan to not play anything higher tier than an VIII with PMM in January. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

TiagoBarriga #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7833 battles
I know this is not directed to the topic but the only thing i can't find about the tank is his original price
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

BrogueOne #8 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:31 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23420 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 04 December 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

I know this is not directed to the topic but the only thing i can't find about the tank is his original price

There is no original price.  It was a mission rewards tank on PC that players can only earn.  When it comes here it will likely be a similar value to the M60/260/VK72/907 whether that’s free xp or the gold equivalent.  We won’t know for sure until they officially publish that info.

mr_rainmaker777 #9 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34740 battles
  • [M1A]

View PostAkumahito, on 03 December 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

See I had the same revelation, so I ground out the Conqueror GC to rain Havoc on all the new Heavies littering the battle field, crushing the sweet dreams of all the plebes in their shiny new tier 10's.

humm,your ideas intrigue me.....:B

Albapfalzd3 #10 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23070 battles

View PostF1DrivingZombie, on 03 December 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

Don't despair, if it is as useless as you think then it won't be long before it is just sitting in the garages collecting dust. 

Roy

marinefish666 #11 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:20 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41714 battles

You say this like tier X is not already bad.

Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

mjc40 #12 Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

Sergeant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29131 battles
  • [ODH]

Make up your mind.

If it is released "nerfed beyond useless" then you wont have a problem beating them, and it wont be a problem "ruining the matchmaker".

If there are players that receive the tank that don't already have a tier 10, they will not know how to use the tank to its strengths., and they wont last long at tier 10 and we wont see many of them playing the tank.

I don't believe there has been ANY official details release so far about the tanks stats, so its all just speculation anyway. Just enjoy the game.

Talk about "the sky is falling in"... jeeez.

View PostAkumahito, on 03 December 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

So if the 279 is released in a balanced state (not over nerfed, not OP), surely it will be great fun to learn the tanks strengths/weaknesses, and battle the tank fairly on the battlefield. 

But you want to just ruin the gameplay for most decent players:  "rain Havoc to all the shiny new tanks". 

Very brave of you...

banner.png?0.2670915868434107?0.45600154

A fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.. (Shakespeare)

Schiavoser #13 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38719 battles

View Postmjc40, on 04 December 2019 - 01:29 AM, said:

So if the 279 is released in a balanced state (not over nerfed, not OP), surely it will be great fun to learn the tanks strengths/weaknesses, and battle the tank fairly on the battlefield. 

But you want to just ruin the gameplay for most decent players:  "rain Havoc to all the shiny new tanks". 

Very brave of you...

Give it a rest with this carebear attitude. Ruining other players' games is the object of World of Tanks. When one player has a great individual performance, they were able to ruin several opponents' games in a single match. 

RELIC x #14 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26893 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSchiavoser, on 04 December 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Give it a rest with this carebear attitude. Ruining other players' games is the object of World of Tanks. When one player has a great individual performance, they were able to ruin several opponents' games in a single match. 

Preach it brother.

SandM9 #15 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33353 battles

View PostSmaugone1, on 03 December 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

You forgot to complain about the other free premium tank you can earn.

I think you missed the point. Nope...I know you missed the point.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

MyGravyUrBizkit #16 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9396 battles
I should have the FV4005 by then, I will rain HESH upon all the 279s and bask in the target rich enviroment

CatSnipah #17 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27219 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 04 December 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

Don't despair, if it is as useless as you think then it won't be long before it is just sitting in the garages collecting dust. 

Roy

Except for all those noobs who jump right from tier 6 or 7 to 10 with their first-ever tier 10!!

Yeah. Nevermind. Already epic numbers of abysmal players at 10. A few dozen more won't matter. 

Tempest fox3 #18 Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21072 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postmjc40, on 04 December 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Make up your mind.

If it is released "nerfed beyond useless" then you wont have a problem beating them, and it wont be a problem "ruining the matchmaker".

If there are players that receive the tank that don't already have a tier 10, they will not know how to use the tank to its strengths., and they wont last long at tier 10 and we wont see many of them playing the tank.

I don't believe there has been ANY official details release so far about the tanks stats, so its all just speculation anyway. Just enjoy the game.

Talk about "the sky is falling in"... jeeez.

Very brave of you...

Whether it's good or bad there's still going to be 100's of them in the matchmaking queue at the start of January. Everyone wanting to play the shiny new tank they just got given. 

It's the same each quarter when the 3 month op chain ends and everyone gets their free tank. It's also the same at Christmas when everyone gets whatever the new tier 2 junk is. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

BrogueOne #19 Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23420 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostTempest fox3, on 04 December 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Whether it's good or bad there's still going to be 100's of them in the matchmaking queue at the start of January. Everyone wanting to play the shiny new tank they just got given. 

It's the same each quarter when the 3 month op chain ends and everyone gets their free tank. It's also the same at Christmas when everyone gets whatever the new tier 2 junk is. 

Stats have been posted in the Dev Bulletin thread about it.  I don’t know it compares to the PC version, but the stats are public now

Tempest fox3 #20 Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21072 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBrogueOne, on 04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Stats have been posted in the Dev Bulletin thread about it.  I don’t know it compares to the PC version, but the stats are public now

Lower hull traverse speed. Lower rate of fire, same Armour, same overall speed. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users