Loaded Dice player feedback

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

buyaPepsi #1 Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11297 battles
  • [IRON]

I recently got back into playing after a 2 year break just last month. I just so happened to start back during the early November "Loaded Dice" event (unknowing of the exact details mind you.) I understood the change to the MM being +1/-1, but I was not aware at first of the RNG changes. I swear the game played so much smoother. Both from the MM side and the damage/pen RNG side. 

So i was excited for last weeks Loaded Dice and again was not let down by the experience.

Then the event ended and it is a dramatic difference. I'm not bashing the standard MM or the RNG, I still enjoy the game and play at a pretty good clip usually.

I will definitely give my stamp of approval if/when they decide to adopt something in that direction.

SPUK4U #2 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11283 battles

View PostbuyaPepsi, on 04 December 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

I recently got back into playing after a 2 year break just last month. I just so happened to start back during the early November "Loaded Dice" event (unknowing of the exact details mind you.) I understood the change to the MM being +1/-1, but I was not aware at first of the RNG changes. I swear the game played so much smoother. Both from the MM side and the damage/pen RNG side. 

So i was excited for last weeks Loaded Dice and again was not let down by the experience.

Then the event ended and it is a dramatic difference. I'm not bashing the standard MM or the RNG, I still enjoy the game and play at a pretty good clip usually.

I will definitely give my stamp of approval if/when they decide to adopt something in that direction.

The +-1 Matchmaking is nice, it makes team to have more tanks that actually can leave their mark in the battle.  For me loaded dice part looked at first interesting, but then I noticed that I had to increase use of the premium ammo to get the same result as previously.  Not an issue for me, I have lot of silver, but it can be a huge difference for new player that has just spend most of his silver to get the tank open and equipment for it. 

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

TocFanKe4 #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]
It's a nerf to high RoF tanks, and since they are some of my favorites, I'm not in favor of it at all. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

buyaPepsi #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11297 battles
  • [IRON]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 04 December 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

It's a nerf to high RoF tanks, and since they are some of my favorites, I'm not in favor of it at all. 

Care to explain? I don't see it as any kind of nerf at all. Are you relying the +25% every shot? Cause you can just as easily roll -25%. Maybe your talking about something entirely different, idk.

scwirpeo #5 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40784 battles
  • [CRY]

Player feedback.

Nice meme.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostbuyaPepsi, on 04 December 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Care to explain? I don't see it as any kind of nerf at all. Are you relying the +25% every shot? Cause you can just as easily roll -25%. Maybe your talking about something entirely different, idk.

I explained it in a different thread, but here's the condensed version.  Slow RoF tanks have more of a chance to be affected by RNG in a single game than fast RoF tanks.  If a slow RoF tank takes 2 shots with a 50% chance of penning, there's a good chance it will pen both of them, or neither of them.  A high RoF tank that can take 20 shots in that same time period with the same percent chance will most likely pen half of them.  It's much more consistent.  A high RoF tank takes advantage of having a percentage to pen much more than a binary Yes/No penetration question. 

So basically it's taking away the extra damage a high RoF tank gets from it's consistency, and it's ability to get several rolls on a lower than 50% chance to pen.  If a tank is on 100 HP, you can hit a 40% spot to pen a few times to finally finish them off. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, 04 December 2019 - 09:09 PM.

ThermalStone #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32927 battles
  • [80085]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 04 December 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

I explained it in a different thread, but here's the condensed version.  Slow RoF tanks have more of a chance to be affected by RNG in a single game than fast RoF tanks.  If a slow RoF tank takes 2 shots with a 50% chance of penning, there's a good chance it will pen both of them, or neither of them.  A high RoF tank that can take 20 shots in that same time period with the same percent chance will most likely pen half of them.  It's much more consistent.  A high RoF tank takes advantage of having a percentage to pen much more than a binary Yes/No penetration question. 

So basically it's taking away the extra damage a high RoF tank gets from it's consistency, and it's ability to get several rolls on a lower than 50% chance to pen.  If a tank is on 100 HP, you can hit a 40% spot to pen a few times to finally finish them off. 

It's not just high rate of fire tanks, it's a nerf to skill as well.  Skilled players shoot more.  It doesn't bother me if I bounce a few shots with low rolls because I can just keep shooting.  I know how to position myself so that the enemy will have a hard time shooting back.  With less chance of a high roll though, fewer shots will go through against heavy armor and there are some tanks I may not be able to penetrate at all.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

DERP DlGGLER #8 Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12995 battles

I absolutely loved it, and truly hope that it becomes a permanent fixture. I haven't talked or seen one person who doesn't absolutely love it. 

Please WG implement this ASAP.

TocFanKe4 #9 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDERP DlGGLER, on 04 December 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

I absolutely loved it, and truly hope that it becomes a permanent fixture. I haven't talked or seen one person who doesn't absolutely love it. 

Please WG implement this ASAP.

Hi I'm Toc.  Now you've talked to me :trollface:

Pit Friend #10 Posted Yesterday, 12:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33519 battles
  • [PTATO]
Not a fan of the zero penetration RNG. Moving it to 10% like they did for damage would be much better in my opinion. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

TocFanKe4 #11 Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostPit Friend, on 04 December 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Not a fan of the zero penetration RNG. Moving it to 10% like they did for damage would be much better in my opinion. 

I would prefer at least 15%, but that's my take as well.  I'm dumbfounded they would completely remove it.  There's actual data out there from real tanks where shells are shot at a certain thickness of armor in testing.  Some penetrate, some don't.  I like that more realistic feel to a gray area where some shots bounce but some don't.  All or nothing takes away some of the feel of the guns and how they interact with armor. 

JatemKaa #12 Posted Yesterday, 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 04 December 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Agree with this - 10% is much better than zero and MUCH, MUCH better than 25%.

steelheadclan #13 Posted Yesterday, 04:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15531 battles
  • [REAL]
I'm not a fan of the RNG events 

janbonator #14 Posted Yesterday, 06:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14876 battles
I'm really fond of the Loaded Dice events. I keep on having better games and more fun playing, with extremely little premium ammo needed. After the year-long Ops is finished I will seriously consider only playing for a week per month, i.e. during the event. I've had no problems with high RoF tanks such as LTs and Soviet mediums. Quite the contrary actually. No more sub-200 pen rolls with Tier X mediums is just awesome.

Mashed #15 Posted Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37202 battles
Not a fan of the events.  I'd rather have a chance of a high roll to pen, instead of knowing every shot will bounce.

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

RadiantPup27709 #16 Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28020 battles
Loaded dice was like a placebo. I didn't notice anything had changed during the event. Same goes for the prior events also.

buyaPepsi #17 Posted Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11297 battles
  • [IRON]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 04 December 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

High RoF tank will typically have better accuracy. Enabling them to better hit weak spots more consistently. If you are shooting a tank over and over and you know you only have a 50/50 to pen then you are playing wrong imo. 

I will concede that the sledge hammer to kill a gnat approach is not the way i would have gone about the changes.

I would have started with +/- 15 on both and then worked down based on feedback. Not 10 and zero... Zero RnG on pens confused folks, especially for spaced armored tanks. I noticed a ton of people shot my turret while playing in my Paladin during the event. (it would have showed red, but only for the spaced armor) 

Pretty sure when adopted it will be more like +/- 10% for both or near there. 

The MM portion of it is where it absolutely shined imo. It eliminates nearly all chance of broken MM and really only hurts people that hunt -2 opponents in matches for easy damage. It also removes the chance for crazy high XP matches for 8 and under, not having +2 level xp bonuses. The only thing that would keep them from implementing it would be player count and keeping the queue times as low as they can.

TocFanKe4 #18 Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostbuyaPepsi, on 05 December 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

High RoF tank will typically have better accuracy. Enabling them to better hit weak spots more consistently. If you are shooting a tank over and over and you know you only have a 50/50 to pen then you are playing wrong imo. 

I will concede that the sledge hammer to kill a gnat approach is not the way i would have gone about the changes.

I would have started with +/- 15 on both and then worked down based on feedback. Not 10 and zero... Zero RnG on pens confused folks, especially for spaced armored tanks. I noticed a ton of people shot my turret while playing in my Paladin during the event. (it would have showed red, but only for the spaced armor) 

Pretty sure when adopted it will be more like +/- 10% for both or near there. 

The MM portion of it is where it absolutely shined imo. It eliminates nearly all chance of broken MM and really only hurts people that hunt -2 opponents in matches for easy damage. It also removes the chance for crazy high XP matches for 8 and under, not having +2 level xp bonuses. The only thing that would keep them from implementing it would be player count and keeping the queue times as low as they can.

It's not about playing right or wrong.  It's not about knowing that you have a 50/50 shot and relying on it.  It's a capability for consistency that has now been nerfed.  Fast firing tanks can take advantage of having a gray area to pen more than slow firing ones.  High alpha tanks that fire slowly already have the peek a boom advantage.

I think we're seeing the final form of the changes.  This has probably been going through supertest for a while.  If they were interested in changing RNG to 10% for both, we would have seen a test of it by now.  The fact we've had both +/-1 and Loaded Dice multiple times now tells me this is what they're going to adopt.  They're collecting data to see what needs to be buffed or nerfed.  I'll bet it'll be a "big surprise" implemented probably for the 6 year anniversary.  If so, it's probably going to mean a lot less participation in this game for me.  But I guess 6 years was a good run.

You're having a completely different experience with the MM than I am.  I still had many games where one team had up to 5 more top tier tanks than the other.  That's broken MM.  I'm also seeing a lot more 7v7 games when I play during these events, especially when taking PMM tanks. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, Yesterday, 10:03 PM.

DERP DlGGLER #19 Posted Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12995 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 04 December 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Hi I'm Toc.  Now you've talked to me :trollface:

There's always one in every crowd:facepalm:

But seriously, I just came back from a 2 year absence, and I really enjoyed the +1/-1. I could care less about RNG, but the games seemed more competitive to me. When you're bottom tier, I don't care what your skill level, you game can easily be over in an instant if your high tiers are potatoes. Much less variance in +1/-1 imo. Anyway just my 2 cents

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users