Jump to content


I'm mature enough to admit artillery is fine the way it is. even if it kills me sometimes


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

hexine #1 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 24635 battles
  • 2,555
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

artillery is fine. it needs no changes. and the people who dislike it are emotionally immature because they can't accept they died.

 

It does suck getting one shot sometimes but its usually your fault (unless it killed you with blind fire, but i certainly would like to nerf it so they don't see your shells while you're invisible) but it happens very rarely and when you do get killed by arty.....its kinda your fault usually.

 

look at the average arty game, they don't get a lot of kills, they don't massively contribute to most matches. its just you only notice when YOU die. and that's a YOU problem, not the dev's fault

 

now let's consider what the matches would be like with no arty. heavy tanks HEAVY TANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. nothing would be able to kill the flood of heavies that would cover the map



M4ntiX #2 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29904 battles
  • 4,202
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

"I'm mature enough to call others immature," blah, blah. Stopped reading after the first paragraph.

 

I am indifferent enough to post this without a hint of remorse.


"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."


radonism #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17050 battles
  • 1,906
  • Member since:
    11-08-2014

Yeah, but no. Games without arty are the most dynamic, most interesting.

 

Tanks playing to their respective advantages: heavies going hull down or sidescraping, mediums (and E5's) flanking, lights spotting, TD's dealing death from afar, 

 

Oppose that with games with arty: heavies hiding behind buildings, lights yoloing for the arty kill etc. 

 

But, I do agree, arty rarely contribute anything of note. Pointlessly annoying. Like mosquitoes.


  

AskingCupid78 #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 46438 battles
  • 951
  • Member since:
    07-28-2015

"now let's consider what the matches would be like with no arty. heavy tanks HEAVY TANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. nothing would be able to kill the flood of heavies that would cover the map"

 

Can you please stop spouting this absolute nonsense:facepalm:

Bilderesultat for bullcrap

Just because you are unable to counter heavytanks does not mean that other players are unable to do it, you have been speving out this absolute Bu....hit for years, i understand that you think that every heavytank from tier V and up is absolutely impossible to pen and invincible, but it is only you


Edited by AskingCupid78, 04 December 2019 - 11:57 PM.


TocFanKe4 #5 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21071 battles
  • 24,471
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
Obvious troll is obvious.  It's fine to say you're ok with arty, but then calling people names that don't like it is where the trolling starts. 

 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


JatemKaa #6 Posted Yesterday, 12:27 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 62379 battles
  • 4,554
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014
Arty is not FINE the way it is. Equally unfortunate, cannot think of any alternate method that would be better. Lots of alternate methods have been put forth - few have been tried and even fewer actually were any better - like most things here they make it worse when they tried (i.e. stun mechanics). Will keep what we have until something better comes along (And let me head off a few comments here - no arty is NOT better).

HerdOfDonkeys #7 Posted Yesterday, 12:37 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 35967 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014

View PostM4ntiX, on 04 December 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

"I'm mature enough to call others immature," blah, blah. Stopped reading after the first paragraph.

 

I am indifferent enough to post this without a hint of remorse.

 

If only you had read beyond the first paragraph, I'm sure you would have been overwhelmed by the sheer power of their logic and would now be an ardent arty supporter!

:trollface:



AnonymousHobo69 #8 Posted Yesterday, 12:45 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40268 battles
  • 4,544
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
Artillery should be removed from the game :)

JatemKaa #9 Posted Yesterday, 12:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 62379 battles
  • 4,554
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View Posthexine, on 04 December 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

artillery is fine. it needs no changes. and the people who dislike it are emotionally immature because they can't accept they died.

 

It does suck getting one shot sometimes but its usually your fault (unless it killed you with blind fire, but i certainly would like to nerf it so they don't see your shells while you're invisible) but it happens very rarely and when you do get killed by arty.....its kinda your fault usually.

 

look at the average arty game, they don't get a lot of kills, they don't massively contribute to most matches. its just you only notice when YOU die. and that's a YOU problem, not the dev's fault

 

now let's consider what the matches would be like with no arty. heavy tanks HEAVY TANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. nothing would be able to kill the flood of heavies that would cover the map

 

OP, you DESERVE the backlash you are fixing to get. 

JASOCveteran #10 Posted Yesterday, 12:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 72945 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

 

 

The game is in desperate need of infantry men equipped with bazookas to make it more realistic.

They can be be deployed to protect the Artillery since >90% of the players in tanks don't.


Edited by JASOCveteran, Yesterday, 01:07 AM.


redshadowrider #11 Posted Yesterday, 01:27 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37575 battles
  • 8,290
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
I am mature (been here long) enough to know that the OP does this periodically.  Drops in ,  posts some ridiculous statement, and presents no real evidence to back up his position.  He isn't new at this.
I'm just saying.....

atwilliams07 #12 Posted Yesterday, 01:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30011 battles
  • 209
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

I agree with the OP that arty rarely makes a massive contribution to a game (when compared to tankers), but every now and then you find an arty player who makes a massive contribution to the outcome.

 

My view is that whilst arty is in the game (like it or not), as a tanker you have to do your best to be the person they don’t fire at.  Like most people, arty will fire at “easy” targets - people sitting still, not behind cover, in predictable spots.  Be aware of your environment and don’t be one of those people, and arty is less of an issue.

 

In my view being able to adapt to - your tank, your team line-up, enemy line-up, map, weather, battle situation, etc, is one of the biggest skills in the game, yet so many people play battles the same way regardless.  If the reds have 3 arty, and you like playing hull down on a ridge, be aware you are going to be bombarded or play a different style until they are taken out!

 

PS:  I don’t play arty, but I do kill lots!



TiagoBarriga #13 Posted Yesterday, 01:46 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7631 battles
  • 486
  • Member since:
    01-19-2016
I think you are confusing the meaning of the word 'maturity'
Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don't know stays unexplained and they are happy with that
The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie…
Keep speaking the truth

Stalkers Shortcut

Jungl1st-Souljah #14 Posted Yesterday, 01:50 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26140 battles
  • 1,721
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
Obviously artillery players don't see you as a threat :teethhappy:

 


BongoBaggins #15 Posted Yesterday, 02:05 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 4522 battles
  • 3,116
  • Member since:
    09-08-2014

View PostAskingCupid78, on 04 December 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

"now let's consider what the matches would be like with no arty. heavy tanks HEAVY TANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. nothing would be able to kill the flood of heavies that would cover the map"

 

Can you please stop spouting this absolute nonsense:facepalm:

Bilderesultat for bullcrap

Just because you are unable to counter heavytanks does not mean that other players are unable to do it, you have been speving out this absolute Bu....hit for years, i understand that you think that every heavytank from tier V and up is absolutely impossible to pen and invincible, but it is only you

 

I was in a match a long time ago (in a Bishop of all things) and the opposing side had nothing but heavies and an arty or two. We had mediums, TDs, and me.

The chat was pretty much despondent. We were going to die.

 

In the end, we lost about three tanks and annihilated them. Even I survived. 

 

Edit: I actually saved a screen shot of the teams. I can't believe I still have it 

Spoiler


Edited by BongoBaggins, Yesterday, 06:30 AM.

Nowhere to run. Know where to hide.

M0DKUqc.png

 


CatSnipah #16 Posted Yesterday, 03:18 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27076 battles
  • 5,451
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostTiagoBarriga, on 05 December 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

I think you are confusing the meaning of the word 'maturity'

 

OP...if TB is correctly calling you out, you REALLY failed miserably. 

dzhey43 #17 Posted Yesterday, 05:14 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 29720 battles
  • 1,208
  • [3EBC]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2013
Most people do not accept a game like just a game. Killed by arty? Much cry and shouts and hatemails. They can't accept nothing is happened really, it is a game where you could be killed.
Spoiler

R35T NO MORE #18 Posted Yesterday, 06:22 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16093 battles
  • 23,180
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

You're a seal clubber and all you ever try to do here is post troll threads. Mature? Not so sure. 

 

Arty is and always will be a problem. If it wasn't if wouldn't be so divisive. People don't argue over anything in wot as much as they do arty. Alot of arty players play the class hoping to annoy other players. That alone says alot. It means alot of arty players are well aware it is an issue within the wot community and use it just to wind people up. 


My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


janbonator #19 Posted Yesterday, 06:43 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14876 battles
  • 98
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View Postatwilliams07, on 05 December 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

I agree with the OP that arty rarely makes a massive contribution to a game (when compared to tankers), but every now and then you find an arty player who makes a massive contribution to the outcome.

 

My view is that whilst arty is in the game (like it or not), as a tanker you have to do your best to be the person they don’t fire at.  Like most people, arty will fire at “easy” targets - people sitting still, not behind cover, in predictable spots.  Be aware of your environment and don’t be one of those people, and arty is less of an issue.

 

In my view being able to adapt to - your tank, your team line-up, enemy line-up, map, weather, battle situation, etc, is one of the biggest skills in the game, yet so many people play battles the same way regardless.  If the reds have 3 arty, and you like playing hull down on a ridge, be aware you are going to be bombarded or play a different style until they are taken out!

 

PS:  I don’t play arty, but I do kill lots!

 

There isn't enough arty cover on key areas of the maps to actually play the way you described and still contribute to trying to win the game. For example, how do you play arty safe & be useful on maps like Redshire, Caen, Westfield etc.? I actually envy the PC players a lot as not only has their artas been nerfed, but the maps also have a lot more arty cover. For example on Redshire there's actually arty cover on the east side of the map where the heavies brawl.

SPUK4U #20 Posted Yesterday, 07:59 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11283 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

Now, I would not label all people emotionally immature if they hate artillery, only some. Among arty haters there are highly competive players that just hate to lose because of there are things in game that they can't control.


- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users