Jump to content


I'm mature enough to admit artillery is fine the way it is. even if it kills me sometimes


  • Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Zathustra #61 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27406 battles
  • 2,124
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 05 December 2019 - 04:18 AM, said:

 

Yep. My last session on tanks was multiple games of me getting nuked by arty within 3 mins of the battle starting. Here and there I can deal with but every sodding game is taking the mick. I was even relocating across the entire map yet as soon as i got redetected, boom. There's just no point me playing when that's happening. 

 

R35T, do as I do at times and go to the dark side. If arty gets you in multiple battles just switch to an arty for a few games to take out your frustration. I know it helps me feel better. FYI, I played arty first until I got my 5x done on them this weekend and have been using them on my 3x which I finished the first round of 3x and can now concentrate on other classes.

Pit Friend #62 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:38 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33983 battles
  • 18,917
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View Posthexine, on 04 December 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

artillery is fine. it needs no changes. and the people who dislike it are emotionally immature because they can't accept they died.

 

It does suck getting one shot sometimes but its usually your fault (unless it killed you with blind fire, but i certainly would like to nerf it so they don't see your shells while you're invisible) but it happens very rarely and when you do get killed by arty.....its kinda your fault usually.

 

look at the average arty game, they don't get a lot of kills, they don't massively contribute to most matches. its just you only notice when YOU die. and that's a YOU problem, not the dev's fault

 

now let's consider what the matches would be like with no arty. heavy tanks HEAVY TANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. nothing would be able to kill the flood of heavies that would cover the map

 


When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 


Kebabsaurus Rex #63 Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20149 battles
  • 1,979
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View Posthexine, on 04 December 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

artillery is fine. it needs no changes. and the people who dislike it are emotionally immature because they can't accept they died.

 

It does suck getting one shot sometimes but its usually your fault (unless it killed you with blind fire, but i certainly would like to nerf it so they don't see your shells while you're invisible) but it happens very rarely and when you do get killed by arty.....its kinda your fault usually.

 

look at the average arty game, they don't get a lot of kills, they don't massively contribute to most matches. its just you only notice when YOU die. and that's a YOU problem, not the dev's fault

 

now let's consider what the matches would be like with no arty. heavy tanks HEAVY TANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. nothing would be able to kill the flood of heavies that would cover the map

 

any chance of a down vote button?

Zathustra #64 Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27406 battles
  • 2,124
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostKebabsaurus Rex, on 06 December 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

 

any chance of a down vote button?

 

There was a down vote button at the start but WG decided to do like all the "feel good so their feeling aren't hurt" crowd and eliminate it so the poster didn't "feel bad" about making a stupid post.

zZGROGZz #65 Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19083 battles
  • 2,900
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostZathustra, on 06 December 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

 

There was a down vote button at the start but WG decided to do like all the "feel good so their feeling aren't hurt" crowd and eliminate it so the poster didn't "feel bad" about making a stupid post.

 

wasn’t it removed because it was being “abused” because some peeps had multiple accounts and were targeting some members of the community?

I seem to remember wg staff intervening in a thread about it before the neg button was removed?


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!


redshadowrider #66 Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:08 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37970 battles
  • 8,457
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

View PostzZGROGZz, on 07 December 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

 

wasn’t it removed because it was being “abused” because some peeps had multiple accounts and were targeting some members of the community?

I seem to remember wg staff intervening in a thread about it before the neg button was removed?

 

That is probably close to the truth.  I say that because, I think WG introduced it as a test when removing the button....and never put it back.
I'm just saying.....

HUNCortez08 #67 Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 11083 battles
  • 3
  • [KHK]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016
The game with artillery absolutely not fun, it's sucks.. And not realistic! The game without artillery is more dinamic, more better more playing, and I don't thinking about delete game.. Buy something with money, nooooo when I can really enjoy whitour artillery, yes but before never..

SPUK4U #68 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11986 battles
  • 2,183
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostHUNCortez08, on 09 December 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

The game with artillery absolutely not fun, it's sucks.. And not realistic! The game without artillery is more dinamic, more better more playing, and I don't thinking about delete game.. Buy something with money, nooooo when I can really enjoy whitour artillery, yes but before never..

 

I enjoy both.  Dynamic game usually means that it's faster and over a lot quicker.   Faster battles are not fun in slow tanks as when they  get into the front when it moved constantly forward.  They also tend to not to favor TD's as when you get into fire position, you have to move again to catch up with the front or you get rolled over by enemy that moves forward faster than you can reload. 
 


-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


PukwudgieNWO #69 Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7492 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
Artillery = A nonskilled player's last attempt to say he/she is competitive at WOT. 

SampledSpade5 #70 Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:24 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 62582 battles
  • 401
  • Member since:
    10-03-2014

View PostListigerWulf, on 09 December 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

Artillery = A nonskilled player's last attempt to say he/she is competitive at WOT. 

 

The worst skilled players in the game are heavy tank players.  

zZGROGZz #71 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19083 battles
  • 2,900
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostListigerWulf, on 10 December 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Artillery = A nonskilled player's last attempt to say he/she is competitive at WOT. 

 

But what about when arty is the carrier of a team? I’ve seen that so many times.

What about when arty pulls your butt out of the fire? 
Is arty to be lambasted when they support your push?

What about when only a few tanks are struggling to hold a flank, and arty saves the day?

Arty ain’t all bad, and just as in all walks of life there are people with differnent skill sets, same goes for gaming, and WoT with arty players.

But you keep harping on about “skilled players”, and push arty players out of the way. 
By the way, what does your WN8 say about your skill? Not much I’d warrant.


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!


dzhey43 #72 Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 30749 battles
  • 1,400
  • [3EBC]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2013

View PostzZGROGZz, on 10 December 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

But what about when arty is the carrier of a team? I’ve seen that so many times.

What about when arty pulls your butt out of the fire? 
Is arty to be lambasted when they support your push?

What about when only a few tanks are struggling to hold a flank, and arty saves the day?

Arty ain’t all bad, and just as in all walks of life there are people with differnent skill sets, same goes for gaming, and WoT with arty players.

But you keep harping on about “skilled players”, and push arty players out of the way. 
By the way, what does your WN8 say about your skill? Not much I’d warrant.

 

 Nobody dares to say such things. You should hate arty. Even if you do not hate it actually actually))
Spoiler

R35T NO MORE #73 Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16172 battles
  • 23,287
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostSampledSpade5, on 10 December 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

 

The worst skilled players in the game are heavy tank players.  

 

Your most played tank is a heavy tank.

 

 

Not sure if sarcasm of not :amazed:


My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


R35T NO MORE #74 Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:08 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16172 battles
  • 23,287
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostZathustra, on 05 December 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

 

R35T, do as I do at times and go to the dark side. If arty gets you in multiple battles just switch to an arty for a few games to take out your frustration. I know it helps me feel better. FYI, I played arty first until I got my 5x done on them this weekend and have been using them on my 3x which I finished the first round of 3x and can now concentrate on other classes.

 

I tried that to be fair mate, got myself a GW Panther but end up feeling too cruel lol. That does seem to be an exceptional arty though. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


Chr15py #75 Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:42 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 15543 battles
  • 1,589
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

I like arty and it really doesn’t bother me when I get nuked by one.

 

If you’re getting mauled by arty it’s normally for one of these reasons:

1) you’re in the same place you’ve been all game even after being spotted as it’s super hull down Yo!

2) your light tanks are not doing their job and searching out arty

3) you’re a well known forum player so are being targeted by arty 

 

In all seriousness, most often or not it’s because you’re just playing well and someone needs to kill you as the rest of your team has crumbled :)
 

chris


"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

HUNCortez08 #76 Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 11083 battles
  • 3
  • [KHK]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostzZGROGZz, on 10 December 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

 

But what about when arty is the carrier of a team? I’ve seen that so many times.

What about when arty pulls your butt out of the fire? 
Is arty to be lambasted when they support your push?

What about when only a few tanks are struggling to hold a flank, and arty saves the day?

Arty ain’t all bad, and just as in all walks of life there are people with differnent skill sets, same goes for gaming, and WoT with arty players.

But you keep harping on about “skilled players”, and push arty players out of the way. 
By the way, what does your WN8 say about your skill? Not much I’d warrant.

I'm seriously not want that.. I not want arti, I not want arti saves my life or the "day... I not want arti my team or in another team.. 



zZGROGZz #77 Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19083 battles
  • 2,900
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postdzhey43, on 10 December 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

 Nobody dares to say such things. You should hate arty. Even if you do not hate it actually actually))

 

It needed to be said though.

 

View PostChr15py, on 10 December 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

I like arty and it really doesn’t bother me when I get nuked by one.

 

If you’re getting mauled by arty it’s normally for one of these reasons:

1) you’re in the same place you’ve been all game even after being spotted as it’s super hull down Yo!

2) your light tanks are not doing their job and searching out arty

3) you’re a well known forum player so are being targeted by arty 

 

In all seriousness, most often or not it’s because you’re just playing well and someone needs to kill you as the rest of your team has crumbled :)
 

chris

 

This is very true. Especially that last sentence. A good player should feel honoured that arty is paying attention to him. Doubly so if hes wrecking a flank and approaching arty and his base.

He should also be appreciative that arty is switched on and paying attention too. I mean you uniscrebs dont want it too easy. You want a bit of a challenge surely? :trollface:


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!


zZGROGZz #78 Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19083 battles
  • 2,900
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostHUNCortez08, on 10 December 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

I'm seriously not want that.. I not want arti, I not want arti saves my life or the "day... I not want arti my team or in another team.. 

 

Unfortunately, I dont think it will go anywhere. Limit to 2 per team perhaps.

It may change too, not sure how. But arty is here to stay I'm afraid. 


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!


hexine #79 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25076 battles
  • 2,608
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View Postradonism, on 04 December 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

Yeah, but no. Games without arty are the most dynamic, most interesting.

 

Tanks playing to their respective advantages: heavies going hull down or sidescraping, mediums (and E5's) flanking, lights spotting, TD's dealing death from afar, 

 

Oppose that with games with arty: heavies hiding behind buildings, lights yoloing for the arty kill etc. 

 

But, I do agree, arty rarely contribute anything of note. Pointlessly annoying. Like mosquitoes.

 

you don't have games without arty

 

people pick tanks assuming they might play against arty. so even games without arty don't reflect what a meta would look like without arty



hexine #80 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25076 battles
  • 2,608
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View Postjanbonator, on 05 December 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

 

There isn't enough arty cover on key areas of the maps to actually play the way you described and still contribute to trying to win the game. For example, how do you play arty safe & be useful on maps like Redshire, Caen, Westfield etc.? I actually envy the PC players a lot as not only has their artas been nerfed, but the maps also have a lot more arty cover. For example on Redshire there's actually arty cover on the east side of the map where the heavies brawl.

 

you don't play "arty safe" by hiding behind buildings....you play arty safe by staying mobile and moving in irregular patterns




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users