Ensk and failed matchamaking with Dreadnought as top tier, GG

Dreadnought Ensk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SPUK4U #1 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11977 battles

I usually don't enjoy playing Ensk, but now I had a fun battle where I was top tier with KV-2 Dreadnought.  A tier VI red arty platoon broke the matchmaking and it game red team extra arty and two top tier light tanks instead of two top tier heavy tanks.  To make it more fun, red team also had only 3 heavy tanks instead of 6 that green team had.  Matchmaker tried to balance situation by giving green team 6 tier V tanks and red team only 4.    :great:

Addition to food, I was running Dreadnought with Rammer, Vents and optics.  To make it more fair I used 12 skill light tank crew from my T-100 LT.  :trollface:

Be free to judge my gaming skills on heavy tank. :B

Edited by SPUK4U, 08 December 2019 - 10:01 AM.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

matematicalone #2 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3056 battles

This is known as ''Wolf among lambs'' MM scenario. Very balanced.

Watched your video and you seem too rely to much on Stalin's guiding hand (aka autolock aka RB-RT). That and firing HE in the end resulted in defeat. Also I think you should load some premium ammo for tier VIII and IX.

MM like this is easy mode especially for tanks like Dreadnot, but on the other hand teams health pool is too low and most of the lower tier tanks are one-shots for you. Similar game against higher tier with 8 pens would result in over 5,5k dmg and prolly a Mastery.

SPUK4U #3 Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11977 battles

View Postmatematicalone, on 08 December 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

This is known as ''Wolf among lambs'' MM scenario. Very balanced.

Watched your video and you seem too rely to much on Stalin's guiding hand (aka autolock aka RB-RT). That and firing HE in the end resulted in defeat. Also I think you should load some premium ammo for tier VIII and IX.

MM like this is easy mode especially for tanks like Dreadnot, but on the other hand teams health pool is too low and most of the lower tier tanks are one-shots for you. Similar game against higher tier with 8 pens would result in over 5,5k dmg and prolly a Mastery.

Thanks,  good pointers,   I try heat, last time had a bad experience with it as all them bounced off, that's why I used more HE ammo against top tier tanks.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

happybill1968 #4 Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5927 battles
Welcome to the tier 7 Death Star. Ap for the most part works well, but the heat is great when you need to pen.

I use my HE for early in the match against tier 9’s thst may be hull down. Otherwise load up heat and go hunting tier 9 heavies. Funny how fast they will back off once you smack them for 700-800 health.

matematicalone #5 Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3056 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 08 December 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Thanks,  good pointers,   I try heat, last time had a bad experience with it as all them bounced off, that's why I used more HE ammo against top tier tanks.

Yeah well again, RB-RT is not a good way. HEAT will pen armor up to 250 mm and more if RNG allows, but you have to aim for armor. HEAT is powerful round but useless against spaced armor or tracks. Also you cant shoot trough walls and even light obstacle will make it explode on contact. It has to be clear shot at the armor, hence some aiming is needed.

dzhey43 #6 Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30666 battles
  • [3EBC]
Sure full heat needed! Ap or he works good for low tier enemies. 400 or sometimes 500. But heat instakills for 700-800!
Spoiler

Also tagged with Dreadnought, Ensk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users