Jump to content


Commander Mode - Phase 4! Event info and feedback post!

commander mode tanks Tanker VS Commander VS

  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

MASHMAN 90 #21 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 37797 battles
  • 12,926
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 11 December 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

 

As Tanker or Commander? If Commander, are you possessing the tank? Please provide some additional details, thanks. :honoring:

 

Commander and when Possessing the Tank. I tried at the start of the game. I'll try as a tanker now and edit :)

 

EDIT: Just Commander Max, Tanker is fine :great:


Edited by MASHMAN 90, 11 December 2019 - 12:36 PM.


Thrillhelm #22 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37603 battles
  • 507
  • [VENGA]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2016

Finished the 500 points and I am 25 k XP away from the Panzerknacker. While I have to say that the prizes and rewards are fantastic, the Commander mode is a flawed mess. It is kind of sad that one of the worst modes has one of the best rewards.

 

- Bots still do blind snapshots. Happened to me in a T-59 on Prokhorovka, spotted the entire enemy team while being undetected, made one shot that connected and the enemy TD (I think it was a Skorpion G) hit me returning the shot. While bots have limited intelligence, their aiming skills are inhuman (it doesn't matter that they do not go for weakspots)

 

- Imbalanced map - Ruinberg and Pacific Island are pro base defense, yet somehow this mode has fifteen instead of ten minutes so the attackers have plenty of time instead of rushing. 

 

- Platoons in this mode ruin it for the Commander. Platoons are one of the banes of multiplayer, what was the idea of putting them into Commander mode?

 

- Renting the same tank multiple times is a bit unfair. Opponent gets five Mutant 6, Bizons, chinese TD, or Chryslers and wreak havoc against the player team or opponent commander. For example I have both Premium Chryslers, a King Dragon, a T-103, a Shashka, a Skorpion G, an Iron Rain, an Atomic Centurion and an Obj. 252U, which I consider a strong setup from tanks made from my garage - yet the opponent can rent five Chryslers which are tough to defeat. How is that fair?

 

The mode caters too much to everyone - if you have a large collection of Tier VIII tanks you can use for Commander mode, you get punished. You are forced to play both sides in order to get the Panzerknacker (we still have no information how exclusive this tank will be - can I buy this tank with gold like I could with the Obj. 279e?). It is still flawed. Commander control is too clunky, and I hope this mode will be replaced with something better next year.



BrogueOne #23 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 23605 battles
  • 10,548
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 10 December 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

can you please remove multiple of the same tank? WZ-120-1G FTs and Chryslers/M6EA2E1 are insanely powerful when they have 5 on their team.

 

This right here.  I’ve been complaining about this since rented tanks became a thing. 



badgerdude101 #24 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2282 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    03-04-2014

Hey guys, I appear to be getting points for Operations which have not unlocked yet. For example 'Insert Coin' and 'One Overall' when I complete 'the I in Team'.

 

Are these Ops which unlock later on?

 

Also, just to confirm, as Commander, if I rent a vehicle rather than using a stock vehicle, will my XP/Silver Earning now increase (Earnt silver or xp goes to the player) or decrease (Becauset he XP pool is spread across multiple tanks) - Assuming the same performance of the vehicle in battle and without multipliers.


Edited by badgerdude101, 11 December 2019 - 03:37 PM.


bigpikle #25 Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26916 battles
  • 322
  • Member since:
    07-25-2018
Need clarification please. We are on op 4 of 6. OP 5 is where we can achieve the top ‘grade’. In OP 6 will the the ‘By your command’ that earns 5 points per 5000 XP stay available?  

z14sniperz #26 Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7156 battles
  • 341
  • [SMOKN]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

Can someone explain this to me?

 

I just started this and would like to grind for the tank, is it possible? If so what "OP" do I need to grind to be able to unlock the tank when the time comes?


Sherman Junkie

 

 

 


atwilliams07 #27 Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31562 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 11 December 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

New Bug: Can't Switch Ammo to Premium or HE

 

yep.  This one happened to me as well.  Couldn’t switch ammo having possessed a tank.

IceFrogger1313 #28 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:13 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42743 battles
  • 1,058
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2014

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 11 December 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

New Bug: Can't Switch Ammo to Premium or HE

 

View PostMaxChaos24, on 11 December 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

 

As Tanker or Commander? If Commander, are you possessing the tank? Please provide some additional details, thanks. :honoring:

 

It works for me but is LEFT on the D-pad, instead of my set controls.

badgerdude101 #29 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2282 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    03-04-2014

Also, where do we find the leaderboard? :)

 

Update: Found it! - https://console.worl...mander-mode-lb/

 

Is the leaderboard for all players, or only those playing as commander? i.e. Does playing Tanker count?


Edited by badgerdude101, 11 December 2019 - 09:45 PM.


IBROX 04 #30 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20741 battles
  • 9,843
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014
Decided to run a few light tanks playing as tanker. if you get the odd bot out in the open and do the old circle of death on them. The bot doesn't miss a shot Lol. Turret shaking and everything. Super terminator killer bots. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

 

 

 


MaxChaos24 #31 Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13453 battles
  • 21,278
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postbadgerdude101, on 11 December 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Also, where do we find the leaderboard? :)

 

Update: Found it! - https://console.worl...mander-mode-lb/

 

Is the leaderboard for all players, or only those playing as commander? i.e. Does playing Tanker count?

 

Its only Commander Battles. :honoring:

MASHMAN 90 #32 Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 37797 battles
  • 12,926
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostIBROX 04, on 11 December 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Decided to run a few light tanks playing as tanker. if you get the odd bot out in the open and do the old circle of death on them. The bot doesn't miss a shot Lol. Turret shaking and everything. Super terminator killer bots. 

 

Cryptic mentioned to me (He isn't a Forumer) that my AI T28 Prot, kept on par with his Hollenhund when circling. I didn't see as i was busy elsewhere but found it strange and funny at the same time.

z14sniperz #33 Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:35 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7156 battles
  • 341
  • [SMOKN]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

@MaxChaos24

 

Is there enough time to grind out enough points to earn the Reward tank?

 

I really want to know if its possible or I'm just wasting my time 

 

Thanks


Sherman Junkie

 

 

 


mandreko #34 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:26 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 41606 battles
  • 5
  • [ACDC_]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014

View Postmandreko, on 11 December 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

As Commander I can possess a tank with the LB-Button, but unpossessing with press LB again doesnt work! No chance to going back and control all tanks in the overview again.

 

Hellooooooo......unpossessing impossible!!!! 

No help, no answer since yesterday!!!!

Thanks:coin:

 

 


Edited by mandreko, 12 December 2019 - 12:31 AM.


JaRIS42 #35 Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:08 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34219 battles
  • 694
  • Member since:
    11-03-2015

View PostPureZX123, on 10 December 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Bug: It says I have 69 days to complete the Commander Mode ops.

 

I think that this is when phase 6 ends and all ops are available until then (though only completeable during phases obviously).



JaRIS42 #36 Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:29 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34219 battles
  • 694
  • Member since:
    11-03-2015

View Postz14sniperz, on 11 December 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Can someone explain this to me?

 

I just started this and would like to grind for the tank, is it possible? If so what "OP" do I need to grind to be able to unlock the tank when the time comes?

 

Yes, totally possible i you can be bothered to grind the xp.

 

You need to get 500 points, you can see where you're up to by looking at the "Master Commander" op. Points will be easier to get for you right now as you should have 4 phases worth of ops rolled over which you can grind at the same time.

 

You need to complete the rank progress op which totals 200k xp. However this is split into 17 stages and any extra xp earned in one stage will not roll over, so you will need a little more in total.

The last 3 stages totalling 25k xp are locked until next month's phase.

Every other stage pays out a lump sum of point which by the end will add up to 185 points.

 

You have the rest of this phase (Tuesday to Monday), phase 5 next month and phase 6 in February get it done.

 

Also, when you complete the Lt. Colonel II op (125k xp) you get rewarded with an FV4202(P) tier 8 British medium tank.

 

Edit: Also it's totally possible to get enough points just playing as a tanker but you will have access to more points if you can handle playing as commander as well. Can't get in to it myself, tried a few battles but just got stressed out.


Edited by JaRIS42, 12 December 2019 - 02:51 AM.


z14sniperz #37 Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:22 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7156 battles
  • 341
  • [SMOKN]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostJaRIS42, on 12 December 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

 

Yes, totally possible i you can be bothered to grind the xp.

 

You need to get 500 points, you can see where you're up to by looking at the "Master Commander" op. Points will be easier to get for you right now as you should have 4 phases worth of ops rolled over which you can grind at the same time.

 

You need to complete the rank progress op which totals 200k xp. However this is split into 17 stages and any extra xp earned in one stage will not roll over, so you will need a little more in total.

The last 3 stages totalling 25k xp are locked until next month's phase.

Every other stage pays out a lump sum of point which by the end will add up to 185 points.

 

You have the rest of this phase (Tuesday to Monday), phase 5 next month and phase 6 in February get it done.

 

Also, when you complete the Lt. Colonel II op (125k xp) you get rewarded with an FV4202(P) tier 8 British medium tank.

 

Edit: Also it's totally possible to get enough points just playing as a tanker but you will have access to more points if you can handle playing as commander as well. Can't get in to it myself, tried a few battles but just got stressed out.

Someone said all I need to do is grind to "Commander of the Armies 1" to earn the tank?

 

I'm super confused??


Sherman Junkie

 

 

 


ASSASSIN XV1 #38 Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:25 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 57162 battles
  • 103
  • [TRZ]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 11 December 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

 

Commander and when Possessing the Tank. I tried at the start of the game. I'll try as a tanker now and edit :)

 

EDIT: Just Commander Max, Tanker is fine :great:

 

Confirmed by me as well. Cannot use premium rounds when Possession of Commander vehicle but can use premium rounds as Tanker.

LandrewCarlson #39 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35872 battles
  • 127
  • [SKB]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

Playing commander mode STILL RESETS FILTERS in normal game; this bug was reported the first time this mode came out and this is what the, 4th update?

Given that I have 361 tanks in my garage this is a MAJOR REASON NOT TO PLAY THIS MODE.



 


JaRIS42 #40 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:21 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34219 battles
  • 694
  • Member since:
    11-03-2015

View Postz14sniperz, on 12 December 2019 - 03:22 AM, said:

Someone said all I need to do is grind to "Commander of the Armies 1" to earn the tank?

 

I'm super confused??

 

No, you also need the 500 points to complete Master Commander 7.

 

      "**Players who complete all chains and up to progression Commander of Armies I will

      earn the Commander Mode Reward tank at the end of the event which is.... The Panzerknacker

      Auto!!" 

 

I don't blame you for being confused though, the whole thing is as clear as mud and as well documented as a not very well documented thing.


Edited by JaRIS42, 12 December 2019 - 04:26 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users