#AMX CHAFFEE #Buff

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

oXNullWolfyXo #1 Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20325 battles
  • [FUZZY]

So, I'm curious about a F224 AMX Chaffee buff. It has 600HP and literally every other tier 7 LT has 800+ Hp.

The gun is fine, i guess because it's the same one that's on the AMX 13 75, but 144 pen is often very underwhelming when its fighting anything but tier 6's & some 7's. Maybe an intra-clip reload buff, so it's mediocre 135 damage can be used a little more effectively when it doesn't bounce.

As of now, the intra-clip reload is 2 seconds and the full reload is 16 seconds, maybe drop the intra-clip reload to 1.5 seconds and increase the full clip reload to 19 seconds to make the tank feel a little more special without giving it any sort of DPM buff.

The DPM is fine considering its just under 1900 at base, but the penetration means you often bounce at least 2 or more shells per clip, being able to unload faster will mean you need a little less time on target to hit weak points.

Maybe increase the max ammo capacity to 54 since, as of right now, the most damage it can do is ~6,480. That's not amazing, especially when you consider that other light tanks of the same tier that can deal damage more effectively have the ammo capacity to do 9,000+. A lot of tier 5 & 6 LT's have more potential damage, so adding one or two more clips to the AMX Chaffee can't hurt.

The mobility is fine considering its a Chaffee hull, but the top speed feels a little limiting for a light tank. Maybe buff to 62 because the standard Chaffee has 62 and that's two tiers lower. 54 isn't terrible, but most tier 5 LT's can out run it and You're often forced to fight with 600HP because you can't run away from mediums.

These are just some suggestions about how to make the AMX Chaffee a little more competitive/special because why would any sane person want to buy or play the AMX Chaffee when you can get a lycan for free during the Halloween season? Basically, we can all agree that the AMX Chaffee in it's current state is bad, I want to like it but almost everything about it is bad when compared to every other tier 7 LT, it's even bad compared to a lot of tier 6 & 5 LT's. I don't want it to be a godlike tier 7 light, but it NEEDS some buffs, at least an HP buff.  So, can we PLEASE have at least some sort of AMX Chaffee buff?

steelheadclan #2 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles

With so many lights now AMX chaffee can be difficult  to play now.

I suppose I could understand a speed or HP buff now.

When I play it now i plan on staying yolo safe and try to eliminate lights before getting  aggressive.

It's still one of my favorite tanks.

SPUK4U #3 Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11977 battles
It could really use a hp buff, and a bit more to speed, but we all know that WG does not buff old premiums they rather sell us new premiums.  I don't recommend buying this tank, it's obsolete tank driven only by old men who like to remember old good times.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

Vampire_Izumi #4 Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28171 battles
i hope this tank gets buffed. it is a great tank but any mistakes made in it is almost instant death.

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 11 December 2019 - 07:47 AM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

TROCKS #5 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16727 battles
  • [47R]
This tank desperately needs an HP boost. This is a great tank but its HP is not balanced with equivalent light tanks. Ridiculous to be fighting T71s, 13 75s, and other good tier 7 lights that have 800+ HPs when you only have 600 HP. It's still a fantastic tank, but its starting at such a big disadvantage.

N6X507 #6 Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]

Let's face it; you are never going to get any kind of specification changes on that tank.

Even as it is, you can still get very successful. I agree with you, it could be easier to play if it had a little more HPs.

But it is not going to happen. You just need to be very prudent.

steelheadclan #7 Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles

View PostN6X507, on 11 December 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Let's face it; you are never going to get any kind of specification changes on that tank.

Even as it is, you can still get very successful. I agree with you, it could be easier to play if it had a little more HPs.

So sad:(

No ace tanker!

AMX chaffee is sad:(

oXNullWolfyXo #8 Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20325 battles
  • [FUZZY]

View PostN6X507, on 11 December 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Of course you can still be successful in it, but that's irrelevant. The fact that this tank has 30% less HP than every other same tier light tank is absolutely ridiculous. It's literally the equivalent of nerfing the health of the B-C 25T to 1250HP just because you "can be successful in it". The AMX Chaffee deserves AT LEAST 800HP because thats what the other same tier lights have, they are all 800+HP excluding this one little premium. I just want it to be able to actually take a hit without evaporating like a water droplet hitting a red hot pan. Either that or give it some mobility or gun buffs so it feels special.

As it sits, the most special thing about the AMX Chaffee is that it has less HP than everything else. Imagine if they sold a new premium version of, for example, the skorpion. Only the "special" thing about the new skorpion is that it has 800 health instead of 1150. :/

I know the match Making for it "effectively" didn't change, but the fact is it would not make sense for a tier 6 light to have 850HP. That would be way too much for tier 6 and most certainly would be nerfed. But, being moved up a tier, it is now a tier 7. As a tier 7, it does not make sense for it to have 600HP. If that's the case, then the T49, M41 Bulldog, Ru251, etc, should all have far less HP than they have now because every light tank that got moved up a tier had health & rebalance changes. They all had buffs, all except one, the AMX Chaffee.

N6X507 #9 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]

View Poststeelheadclan, on 12 December 2019 - 02:17 AM, said:

So sad:(

No ace tanker!

AMX chaffee is sad:(

Well, you know that badges and aces are tributary to what the other players of the tank achieve in terms of performance.

To me, what's most important, is to win the battle, as a team.

Personal performance is unimportant.

I always happy to have contributed to a win, even if the battle report does not look exceptional.

The AMX Chaffee is one of the most fun tank to play in this game. Of course, it is one opinion.

N6X507 #10 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]

View PostoXNullWolfyXo, on 12 December 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Of course you can still be successful in it, but that's irrelevant.

Why would it not be relevant? if that tank was a bore to play, I would possibly agree with you.

The fact that this tank has 30% less HP than every other same tier light tank is absolutely ridiculous. It's literally the equivalent of nerfing the health of the B-C 25T to 1250HP just because you "can be successful in it".

Anybody can be successful in any tank. It depends on the willingness. If you let yourself bothered by the stats, you are simply going to frustrate yourself.

The AMX Chaffee deserves AT LEAST 800HP because thats what the other same tier lights have, they are all 800+HP excluding this one little premium. I just want it to be able to actually take a hit without evaporating like a water droplet hitting a red hot pan. Either that or give it some mobility or gun buffs so it feels special.

I would oppose, that because the AMX Chaffee is so vulnerable, it makes it special. I have about 3.9 MM of XP on the AMX Chaffee, and I simply find it is a joy to play. Because it keeps you on your toes. When you drive it, a single mistake can be fatal. Whenever you make it to the end, you feel pretty good about yourself.

A lot better than playing one of these super armored heavy, that allow you to be bold.

Besides, the AMX Chaffee is an exclusive tool. Not for the faint at heart.

As it sits, the most special thing about the AMX Chaffee is that it has less HP than everything else. Imagine if they sold a new premium version of, for example, the skorpion. Only the "special" thing about the new skorpion is that it has 800 health instead of 1150. :/

I am very picky about what tank I elect to purchase. I have to admit that I purchased the AMX Chaffee initially because of its super training ability. However, as I played it throughout its changes (Tier VI to VII), the tank grew on me to become my favorite. Sadly, the AMX ELC had that privilege before. But talking about nerfing, this is one that really got maimed. But hat is another subject.

I know the match Making for it "effectively" didn't change, but the fact is it would not make sense for a tier 6 light to have 850HP. That would be way too much for tier 6 and most certainly would be nerfed. But, being moved up a tier, it is now a tier 7. As a tier 7, it does not make sense for it to have 600HP. If that's the case, then the T49, M41 Bulldog, Ru251, etc, should all have far less HP than they have now because every light tank that got moved up a tier had health & rebalance changes. They all had buffs, all except one, the AMX Chaffee.

Remember that back in the days, the AMX Chaffee used to see Tier X as a Tier VI. Then it got curbed to IX. And finally, it got bumped to VII, to fit into the +2/-2 Match Making.

I do believe WG did it for technical reasons. Having a tank that could see +3 was probably a pain to maintain.

I would have preferred that it stayed at Tier VI. The fact it got VII with a 10% increase in sliver earnings did not compensate the credits gain you could have had with a win in a Tier IX battle when VI.

oXNullWolfyXo #11 Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20325 battles
  • [FUZZY]

View PostN6X507, on 12 December 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

I disagree with you on almost every level. Just because a skilled player can do well in it, doesn't mean not giving it an HP buff is justifiable. Just because /YOU/ enjoy it as it is, doesn't mean it doesn't need a buff. Also, you proved my point for me, it's very vulnerable and makes you feel like that because it's underpowered in pretty much every way. For good reason, Its a bad version of a tank that's widely considered the worst tier 7 light, the AMX 13 75. The only reason why it has a slightly positive win rate is because the only people that play it are veterans of the game that can work with its meh stats & no hit points.

If you remember, the tier 5 Chaffee at one point played to tier 10. I played and loved scooting around the map, killing tier 10s in a tier 5 light, it was fun. That's no longer the game we have, WoT is a COMPLETELY different game now, the AMX Chaffee at tier 7 is NOT competitive in this new system, it's a nail biter that makes you feel like you're at a disadvantage in almost every scenario, 90% of the time. That's why it needs an HP buff. Pretty much everything at tier 7-9 one or two shots it, and you don't have the mobility to get away. You're forced to fight with the tiny bit of HP that you have.

I like the AMX Chaffee, but it's no longer competitive, I, like many others, play it only for nostalgia because its too difficult to enjoy playing with now. There are too many other light tanks that out preform it, so you hop into a match praying you only see tier 6 & 7 because thats the only way its enjoyable. It's not like when it first launched and this was one of the few lights in the game, it was good because there wasn't many tanks like it. Now with plenty of competition, when you run into any other light tank player that has a slight bit of experience, you just get killed because It's not small, it's not fast, it doesn't have an amazing gun, it doesn't accelerate fast, it doesn't have HP, it's not flexable, it's not good. I'm generally okay with most of that because i can work with it, but the HP is not acceptable. If the HP is going to stay at 600, they need to at least make it feel more fun. For example, giving it a faster unload time or more mobility Nostalgia only does so much, it isn't going to make it better.

N6X507 #12 Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]

View PostoXNullWolfyXo, on 12 December 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

I disagree with you on almost every level.

And it is fine. We do not need to agree. Each one of us is entitled to his opinion.

Just because a skilled player can do well in it, doesn't mean not giving it an HP buff is justifiable. Just because /YOU/ enjoy it as it is, doesn't mean it doesn't need a buff. Also, you proved my point for me, it's very vulnerable and makes you feel like that because it's underpowered in pretty much every way. For good reason, Its a bad version of a tank that's widely considered the worst tier 7 light, the AMX 13 75. The only reason why it has a slightly positive win rate is because the only people that play it are veterans of the game that can work with its meh stats & no hit points.

I agree that any kind of buff would certainly make the tank better. But it is true for absolutely each and every tank in the game. OP or UP, we all would like to see the tank we like to be as good as possible.

In all honesty, I do not know who plays the AMX Chaffee. I don't see many around. I would be tempted that you have a point, as some of the "veterans" players tend to like playing with there relic of the past.

If you remember, the tier 5 Chaffee at one point played to tier 10. I played and loved scooting around the map, killing tier 10s in a tier 5 light, it was fun. That's no longer the game we have, WoT is a COMPLETELY different game now, the AMX Chaffee at tier 7 is NOT competitive in this new system, it's a nail biter that makes you feel like you're at a disadvantage in almost every scenario, 90% of the time. That's why it needs an HP buff. Pretty much everything at tier 7-9 one or two shots it, and you don't have the mobility to get away. You're forced to fight with the tiny bit of HP that you have.

I do not remember the Chaffee, I am not old enough in World of Tanks.

The situation you describe when lower Tier, is the same one you face whenever you are bottom Tier. It is not exclusive to the AMX Chaffee. I would only say that if in a unfavorable situation, and that is valid for every tank, you have to change the way you play.

I like the AMX Chaffee, but it's no longer competitive, I, like many others, play it only for nostalgia because its too difficult to enjoy playing with now. There are too many other light tanks that out preform it, so you hop into a match praying you only see tier 6 & 7 because thats the only way its enjoyable. It's not like when it first launched and this was one of the few lights in the game, it was good because there wasn't many tanks like it. Now with plenty of competition, when you run into any other light tank player that has a slight bit of experience, you just get killed because It's not small, it's not fast, it doesn't have an amazing gun, it doesn't accelerate fast, it doesn't have HP, it's not flexable, it's not good. I'm generally okay with most of that because i can work with it, but the HP is not acceptable. If the HP is going to stay at 600, they need to at least make it feel more fun. For example, giving it a faster unload time or more mobility Nostalgia only does so much, it isn't going to make it better.

I like the AMX Chaffee for all the reasons you described.

Like you, I would be happy if it got more HP, but unfortunately, it is not going to happen. Or let me rephrase that, it would be exceptional if WG would change anything to a premium tank. That would create a preceding and it would like opening a can of worms.

What is left to say?

I would suggest that you maybe platoon with some of your friends, so you can get protection. Play it passive? Play it with the best crew you have?

And if still unsatisfied, play in a passive way.

N6X507 #13 Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]

@oXNullWolfyXo #11

Here's a bottom Tier battle played this evening, with the Tier III Pz. T 15.

No equipment, No supplies, Standard ammunition only.

This is how I would play the AMX Chaffee in such a situation. I basically scout, and protect, contribute to the team as much as I can. Observe that at the end, I do not even attempt to take out the last bandits. I leave it to the team.

steelheadclan #14 Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles

View PostN6X507, on 12 December 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Well, you know that badges and aces are tributary to what the other players of the tank achieve in terms of performance.

To me, what's most important, is to win the battle, as a team.

Personal performance is unimportant.

I always happy to have contributed to a win, even if the battle report does not look exceptional.

The AMX Chaffee is one of the most fun tank to play in this game. Of course, it is one opinion.

Meh.

I want damage, assisted and wins!

In  a losing game I still want to shoot as many as possible ang go down swinging furiously.

AMX chaffee is pretty good at swinging furiously :)

Edited by steelheadclan, 14 December 2019 - 02:32 AM.

oXNullWolfyXo #15 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20325 battles
  • [FUZZY]

View PostN6X507, on 14 December 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

@oXNullWolfyXo #11

Here's a bottom Tier battle played this evening, with the Tier III Pz. T 15.

No equipment, No supplies, Standard ammunition only.

This is how I would play the AMX Chaffee in such a situation. I basically scout, and protect, contribute to the team as much as I can. Observe that at the end, I do not even attempt to take out the last bandits. I leave it to the team.

I can't watch that video unfortunately, it just says unavailable. But, that's the thing. What do you do in a light autoloader? You ambush and run to rack up damage, that's the way you get a lot of damage in them, but the combat capacity of the AMX Chaffee is very low and it has no HP, it's not effective at doing that. Yeah, it has good view range, so you can sit in a bush & spot, but as soon as you run into anything in a combat scenario, you die because it has the HP of a hellcat. Its super nice when you're at tier 7 or 8 and run into a hellcat because *Bang!* Hellcat is dead. Imagine if the hellcat could run into tier 9's. Well, you don't have to because the AMX Chaffee does that often, only with a worse gun than the hellcat. Whenever you get thrown into a match with high tiers, you have to just sit there in a bush because you can't really do anything else without getting the *pew, pew*.

Lots of the guns at tier 8 & 9 are pushing 500+ alpha with standard rounds. When you have 600HP, you can't take a hit.

I'm not asking for a lot, just make the HP on par with the other tier 7 lights (because 30% lower Hp is significant), or make it a little more speedy (from a top speed of 54 to 62 because the standard Chaffee does 62), or an increase in unload speed so it can fight a little harder with those few shells you do get. Not all 3, but something along those lines because it needs a little help. I believe one of the three buffs would make enough of a different to make the tank a little more useful rather than it being a bush camper. Any light tank can do that. Every time I look at it, I'd rather just hop in the lycan because it does everything the AMX Chaffee can do, but does it a lot better, while still being able to take a couple shells before going down. It's sad because the AMX Chaffee deserves more than that, it's why i want it to at least have an HP pool that's equivalent to the other tier 7 lights.

FromBravo2Kilo #16 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [47R]
I could live with the hp if it had more speed.

steelheadclan #17 Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 14 December 2019 - 05:35 AM, said:

I can support this.

A lot of mediums can run it down and there a lot more lights and higher tier ones at that now.

oXNullWolfyXo #18 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:23 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20325 battles
  • [FUZZY]

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 14 December 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Same, I agree with that.

TROCKS #19 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16727 battles
  • [47R]
The problem is that they are not going to buff the speed enough to make up for the HP deficit. It’s just absurd that they reworked the light tanks and moved this tank to tier 7 without an equivalent HP buff. Reworking premium tanks that people paid money for and not keeping them competitive is just wrong. The equivalent tier 7 autoloading light tanks like the Lycan and AMX 13 57 all have 840+hp to make them competitive. This tank should have 800+hp at a minimum. 600 is tier 6 light tank level... which it no longer is so give it the HP buff. The argument that this use the play up four level... blah blah blah is an old argument. This was back when autoloading lights at those tiers didn’t exist. They do now and this tank should be balanced with its peers.

N6X507 #20 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]
But the AMX Chaffee has a good weight to power ratio. It gets to top speed rather quickly. Compared to the 13-57 for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users