• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

l FearMySkill l #1 Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:53 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

Hello and thanks for reading.

after seeing the good receivement streamer mode got into other games i would like to propose this for WoTc, Im an experienced player and sometimes i get recognized on the battlefield by other clans playing on platoons or just enemies wanting to play against me or to ruin my game, this FOCUS issue is pretty big for me and another known competitive players or streamers on the battlefield, i dont see why a streamer mode where my tag just shows as ¨Player12345¨- Tank is not on the game and hoinestly i would see this as a very good improvement for the game and my own experience on the game in general, as i said im not only speaking for myself and i hope that this change that seems easy to implement gets done in the close future.

For any question or concern just answer to the threat and we could make this idea better with your suggestions or explain why do you think it is a bad idea.

1st edit:

Gamertag should be shown on the post-game results/stats and replays so the anonymity is not full, is just for the game, that would do the job and fix our concerns and problems on public matches.

Best regards. 

Posted Image

SPUK4U #2 Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11991 battles
If I got this right.  Your gamer tag is anonymous and it protects your real life privacy. Now you would like to make your gamer tag anonymous because it's famose or your clan is famose.  Do you know that if being famose bothers you, there is a way to change your gamer tag and you can always leave the clan. Now making you even more anonymous would not solve your focus fire problem, if you are good, you get focused. If you wan't to be nobody, change your gamer tag, if not learn to cope with popularity.  

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

PATRIOTICxTBro #3 Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:11 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15538 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 11 December 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

If I got this right.  Your gamer tag is anonymous and it protects your real life privacy. Now you would like to make your gamer tag anonymous because it's famose or your clan is famose.  Do you know that if being famose bothers you, there is a way to change your gamer tag and you can always leave the clan. Now making you even more anonymous would not solve your focus fire problem, if you are good, you get focused. If you wan't to be nobody, change your gamer tag, if not learn to cope with popularity.  

this is why we can’t have nice things. People like you

what is it going to hurt if this is implemented? Absolutely nothing

SPUK4U #4 Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11991 battles

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 12 December 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

this is why we can’t have nice things. People like you

what is it going to hurt if this is implemented? Absolutely nothing

Making changes to code cost something and it's away from other more important things. Also, all changes bring bugs and bugs need to be corrected. So it does not come as free.  People like me se a good player in game, they remember good player and follow good and famose players in streams and youtube channels. If you are doublen anonymoys you lose part of the visibility to your gamer tag.

In other hand, this fake gamer tag would protect other players from streamers and Youtubers from mocking then and shaming low skill players in their channels. It would also protect trolls and toxic players from hate message and exposure. The best part would be that it would protect arty from hate message after it had focus fired on tank with three MoE on barrel. I change my mind count me in.:trollface:

Coupdeteat #5 Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 30910 battles
  • [HIRAM]
I don’t really see this as an issue. I have played tens of thousands of games and never hunted anyone based on their tag or clan affiliation. I think there are some bigger concerns to be found if you look hard enough. 

PATRIOTICxTBro #6 Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15538 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 11 December 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

Making changes to code cost something and it's away from other more important things. Also, all changes bring bugs and bugs need to be corrected. So it does not come as free.  People like me se a good player in game, they remember good player and follow good and famose players in streams and youtube channels. If you are doublen anonymoys you lose part of the visibility to your gamer tag.

In other hand, this fake gamer tag would protect other players from streamers and Youtubers from mocking then and shaming low skill players in their channels. It would also protect trolls and toxic players from hate message and exposure. The best part would be that it would protect arty from hate message after it had focus fired on tank with three MoE on barrel. I change my mind count me in.:trollface:

Did I ever say it was free genius?

SPUK4U #7 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11991 battles

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 12 December 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

Did I ever say it was free genius?

Well, I'm sorry if I miss understood your it does not hurt absolutely nothing comment wrong when your genius mind meant literally hurt nothing. 

PATRIOTICxTBro #8 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:11 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15538 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 11 December 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

Well, I'm sorry if I miss understood your it does not hurt absolutely nothing comment wrong when your genius mind meant literally hurt nothing. 

Hurts nothing as in won’t affect the game mechanics or anyone’s fun. Can you go be irrational somewhere else? 

SPUK4U #9 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11991 battles

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 12 December 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

Hurts nothing as in won’t affect the game mechanics or anyone’s fun. Can you go be irrational somewhere else? 

I post a comment that is quite rational and you attack me with your comments so I'm blamed if I stand my ground a bit...and now wan't me to leave? Okay, I let you have this topic, troll much as you wan't.;)

Pontiac Pat #10 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:22 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26164 battles
  • [47R]
Online anonymity usually ends up with abuse of said anonymity.  I'm not saying the OP would, as I don't believe that's how he rolls, but there are most definitely other streamers who would gladly abuse it.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

PATRIOTICxTBro #11 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15538 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 11 December 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I post a comment that is quite rational and you attack me with your comments so I'm blamed if I stand my ground a bit...and now wan't me to leavy? Okay, I let you have this topic, troll much as you wan't.

you’re irrational muppet that thinks that just because they can’t use some,thing it shouldn’t be implemented. And then spout off about how it might break something or cost something. I guess wg shouldn’t do anything then cause that literally applies to all updates

PATRIOTICxTBro #12 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15538 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 11 December 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Online anonymity usually ends up with abuse of said anonymity.  I'm not saying the OP would, as I don't believe that's how he rolls, but there are most definitely other streamers who would gladly abuse it.

easily solved make it only when streaming

TheKleinKid7 #13 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19199 battles
  • [T-N-T]

I'm not sure I follow completely. I do know this though, if I recognize a good player on the opponent side then I tend to target them. I enjoy the challenge and I know they are a bigger threat to my team than the other enemy tanks. The way I see it that's the price you pay for being a good player. You already have the advantage by being a better quality player and to have your identity concealed would just give you a larger advantage. That doesn't seem fair.

Now, if you're talking about people who stream snipe then I could see your argument. It's not fair that I would know your location on the map even if you're not spotted. Especially if I'm playing in an arty. That's cheating.

Edited by TheTotalPackage7, 12 December 2019 - 06:50 AM.

Bibo1GerUk #14 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28091 battles

Tbh, a gamer tag like OPs does invite being focussed on. Add a clan tag and et voilá.

Nothing wrong with implementing something like that, however it's probably not considered important enough.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

l FearMySkill l #15 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostSPUK4U, on 12 December 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

I understand your concerns but it doesn't needs to be fully anonymous, it can be only for playing time, in case that you "abuse" of being anonymous I have no problem on my gamertag showing on the replay sistem and post-game results, so the hidden GT would only show on play time

l FearMySkill l #16 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostSPUK4U, on 12 December 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

This makes no sense, and yeah several amazing good players like Skylamic or Yuvng have opted to don't wear a clan tag or change his gamertag to something like Xbox default names or "Player64826"

l FearMySkill l #17 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostTheTotalPackage7, on 12 December 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

I'm not sure I follow completely. I do know this though, if I recognize a good player on the opponent side then I tend to target them. I enjoy the challenge and I know they are a bigger threat to my team than the other enemy tanks. The way I see it that's the price you pay for being a good player. You already have the advantage by being a better quality player and to have your identity concealed would just give you a larger advantage. That doesn't seem fair.

Now, if you're talking about people who stream snipe then I could see your argument. It's not fair that I would know your location on the map even if you're not spotted. Especially if I'm playing in an arty. That's cheating.

We as good players only want to play the game as a normal player and have fun, I'm sure you'd understand it's frustrating to losr half your HP to 2 tanks that literally rush you, ram you pen 2 shots and die to you and your team, so my argument is not only for stream snipers but known players, I can tell the difference since I play on other accounts to help some friends getting 3 marks or grinding for them, and the difference between playing their account and mine is big on terms on the fun I have and the times I get focused and yoloed, the gamertags can be unhidden on the post-game stats and replays tho.

l FearMySkill l #18 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:09 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 12 December 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

Tbh, a gamer tag like OPs does invite being focussed on. Add a clan tag and et voilá.

Nothing wrong with implementing something like that, however it's probably not considered important enough.

Yeah I know it might not be a preference, but I think it might be a very easy fix from the outside

l FearMySkill l #19 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 12 December 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

First- I don't see how you could abuse of anonymity on a WoT public match, and as I said gamertag can be shown on the post-game results and replay sistem.

l FearMySkill l #20 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:31 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 12 December 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

I don’t really see this as an issue. I have played tens of thousands of games and never hunted anyone based on their tag or clan affiliation. I think there are some bigger concerns to be found if you look hard enough. 

The fact that you don't do it doesn't means that the bigger majority is like you, and I'd you don't do it yet it might be because you don't know the comp community/clans or never got into the community (don't know who to focus) I know you might not relate to my experience which is understandable, but it is an easy problem to fix unlike the bigger problems we have with the game I can talk about on other threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users